+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Audition Show *Spoilers*

Re: 1/27 Audition Show *Spoilers*

I have to agree with the rest of you. I was highly upset when Simon left and very opposed to having ST and JLo. But I am absolutely LOVING the show so far! I don't think I have been this excited about Idol since season 5.

I liked both of their voices. HIS really stood out to me, more so.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;4167568;
    Stormi should NOT have been put through to Hollywood. Boo hiss on Randy.
    That was my first thought too, but hopefully, she'll be nothing more than cannon fodder in Hollywood.

Old guy boyfriend . . . yeah, definitely creepy

Loved that Steven Tyler joined in on the song for Mom and Dad of the last contestant. While the jury is still out on J Lo ("wow" . . . NOT a two syllable word!), I must admit I was totally wrong about ST. I find myself looking forward to his comments the most!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still have concerns about ST's tendency toward salacious behavior. Believe what you want, but I can still see the wolf with drool dripping off his fangs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4168600;
    I still have concerns about ST's tendency toward salacious behavior. Believe what you want, but I can still see the wolf with drool dripping off his fangs.
    True, but it's not really any different than Simon and Paula. I've heard Simon make a few comments and Paula was always drooling after the men on the show. It was even rumored that she was bumpin' uglies with one of them.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Salacious is a bit of an exaggeration. I recall Simon perking up when a tall, pretty, thin woman with slightly dusky skin walked in---sort of like his last two girlfriends.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Paula drooled over her share of contestants who were young enough to be her sons. And let's not forget Kara's fascination with Casey James. Casey was only 12 years younger, but she did nothing to cover up the way she felt (until she became bitter and did a 180).

Yes, Tyler is looking and making remarks. The same can be said for practically any man his age (or younger . . . or older) at any beach/ballpark/shopping mall. Surely Idol learned something from Paula and Corey Clark.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 01-28-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4168641;
    Salacious is a bit of an exaggeration. I recall Simon perking up when a tall, pretty, thin woman with slightly dusky skin walked in---sort of like his last two girlfriends.
    OK, so I don't see it as an exaggeration. I have experienced that look that made me uncomfortable multiple times in my life from a particular relative. I grew to despise that man. No one should have to experience that look/behavior. My grandfather also saw and recognized that look, and told the man that he'd shoot him...and he was not kidding. That made me see that it was not my imagination or an overreaction on my part.

I am very sensitive to that kind of behavior. His behavior reminds me of "the casting couch".
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-28-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I miss Simon.
    Steven Tyler makes me laugh.
    JLo is boring.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

In addition to not liking the new judges ( and I have done the 180 on that), I was opposed to the lowering of the age limit......and I have not moved on that. However, it is clearer now to me why it happened. AI wants a Beiber or a Taylor Swift - type/age idol. After three years of vanilla men, Idol is looking for the bucks and the teenage market in the way to go.

That last girl they were so excited about reminds me of the pretty blonde---Bailey Brown (?)of a few years ago. Everybody thought she would come back for another chance the next year when they were then looking for somewhat older contestants......surprised she didn't try again. This girl seems to have the same look.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 01-29-2011 at 10:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast