+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Audition Show *Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 1/27 Audition Show *Spoilers*

Miss 15 year old has a HUGE voice! No Kiddy Idol for her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh man, I missed the show, all but the last girl. Now, that was a powerful instrument. I'm really not one to like the boo-hoo back stories, but I DID like the fact that she was asked to sing for her family and sang her parent's song, with ST joining in. That was sweet.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

I thought that was great of ST, since it was probably above his register. The more I read about his background, the more respect I have for his musical opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4167693;
    Oh man, I missed the show, all but the last girl. Now, that was a powerful instrument. I'm really not one to like the boo-hoo back stories, but I DID like the fact that she was asked to sing for her family and sang her parent's song, with ST joining in. That was sweet.
    That was awesome. Definitely a great moment for her parents.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

To the Point

I think what has surprised me the most about ST is that he has such a sweet heart. He's crazy as a loon and loves to screech just because he enjoys it (apparently), but I just love the fact that he doesn't feel the need to be just mean spirited.

and I must say that I was dumbstruck when it became obvious that the old guy was the boyfriend. I have friends who have 20+ year age differences, but still, that was just creepy.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4167780;
    I thought that was great of ST, since it was probably above his register. The more I read about his background, the more respect I have for his musical opinions.

agreed! I LOVE Steven Tyler and I was one of his biggest naysayers when he was brought on. He and Jennifer are having so much fun - didn't you love when He asked "I wonder if it means more to them or to us" and Jen interjected "US, US"... great moment.

My favorites of the night were the ex-couple (loved both voices) and of course the last girl to sing. Jennifer was right in saying she just was born with a gift and its still untouched which is probably the perfect way for her to come to them. I'm sure she goes through but do either of the couple?

regarding Chelsea and (Rob was it?) I'd love for both to go through just cause its a backstory with an in your face story - it has the potential to be very romantic or to be major drama with more tense faces from her current boyfriend. I thought they both chose the perfect song to sing as well, they seem educated about their own voices and would likely have smart song selections as we go along.

I also really liked the black country singer. We've still yet to have one even though Paris Bennett really wanted to grab that gold ring... this girl FEELS country, raised on a farm and all, and could really benefit from being shown her voice and what it can do. SHe was a sweetheart and her parents couldn't be prouder

FORT Newbie

That was Haeley Vaughn from last year who wanted to be a country singer. She made it to the top 24. Paris Bennett was more of a jazz pop singer.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yeah - I found someone to follow! I really enjoyed Lauren (the last girl) - what a voice. The nice thing is that she is now 16 and won't face the being 15 stigma.

I got such a kick out of her chutzpah in singing an Aerosmith song then inviting Steven to join in.. Hysterical.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I agree that ST has been a surprise. I've always loved him but I thought he'd be Simon-esque...brusque, curt and maybe even blase at times. (Whew!I just used my big word quota for the week! ). But he has a heart and I love when he smiles from ear to ear when they get someone good in there. He nudges JLo often, too. It's cute.

My favorite is still Jordan Dorsey, but I have to add two more to the list. Lauren and the farm girl. I can't remember her name but she was fantastic! I liked the guy in the overalls, too. What a wonderful family he has.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I have to chime in here that I was opposed to both ST and JL....calling them both divas who would direct the attention away from the kids. Boy, was I WRONG. They both impress me and even bring out more in Randy who pretty much just "dogged" it for the past years, lost in Simon's shadow.LOL
    Somebody doing a review wrote Simon Who? as his first sentence....and I agree. The sourness and boredom really wore down the show for a while now and we didn't realize it. I can't image how sour Simon would have looked in Nashville since he apparenlty didn't recognize country as a "relevant" genre.....kind of like Broadway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast