+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Audition Rounds *Spoilers*

Re: 1/26 Audition Rounds *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4166208;
    After a promising first two episodes, the Milwuakee auditions were a bit of a let-down. It felt like a drag, whereas I was fully interested throughout the first two sets of auditions.

Chris Medina's story is the sob story to end all sob stories. There aren't enough people like him. BUT! I really hope he doesn't exploit his wife like that anymore. If he makes it further, the story is bound to be mentioned. But I don't want another Gokey situation. Heck, I didn't even watch that season all that much, and I still heard too much about him.
    Just a minor correction - they never made it to the wedding. Her accident was a couple of weeks prior.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4165624;
    Did I hear wrong, or did Jennifer respond to that by saying she saw the OCEAN? Um, Jennifer, you're in Wisconsin, honey, no ocean. Although, the first time my mom (who is from SC) saw Lake Michigan she commented that it looked just like the ocean, she hadn't seen waves on lakes before. But, seriously, Jennifer, you're in WISCONSIN!
    I took it as her trying to be funny. As in "That's no lake! That's an ocean!" I think the context of what she was saying got edited out and we were left with her looking foolish. But not even that, since I took it as a joke.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4166245;
    I took it as her trying to be funny. As in "That's no lake! That's an ocean!" I think the context of what she was saying got edited out and we were left with her looking foolish. But not even that, since I took it as a joke.
    This is what I got too. I am from Michigan and many people who visit say this upon experiencing them for the first time. They do feel and look like an ocean.

I'm sure folks are aware that Thia was a contestant on Americas Got Talent in 2009.

I'm really liking the mix on the judges panel & the way they are meshing together. It has breathed fresh air into the staleness of Simon Cowell.

I love how these three judges mesh. There's so many different kinds of music, and at the same time a certain contestant might not be suited as an American Idol. I could understand Steve Tyler's point. There were a couple who sang last night that I liked, but I could not see them going to the end winning the American Idol title.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4166273;
    I'm sure folks are aware that Thia was a contestant on Americas Got Talent in 2009.

Not this folk. Don't watch AGT very often - about once or twice a season. I didn't care for her. Too Disney-ish.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4165605;
    Wasn't it North Carolina?
    He's from Garner, NC, which is not too far from Raleigh. I loved his voice, I hope he goes far in the competition.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4166235;
    ...As far as milking it blame AI, not him.
    This can't be overstated. The kids don't walk in with these stories. The producers grill them and prod around their backgrounds to find something that think would be good TV. Then they produce those packages that enhance the drama. This isn't really the way these people identify themselves. We think we know who these people are, but we really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4167299;
    This can't be overstated. The kids don't walk in with these stories. The producers grill them and prod around their backgrounds to find something that think would be good TV. Then they produce those packages that enhance the drama. This isn't really the way these people identify themselves. We think we know who these people are, but we really don't.
    Well.....he sort of made it easy for them by wheeling her in. No way they would miss that.

However.

He is not Gokey, this kid is sincere and not a smarmy bone in his body. He was lovely as was his voice. I hope the producers don't turn the tide against him. I wasn't as moved by the story as others were. I just thought he was an amazing guy and admirable and I wish him success.

Moving on....

I am really enjoying these audition rounds, I can't remember when I've enjoyed them more. I love, love, love the dynamic of these judges! It's breathed fresh into a show that had grown stale.

I am not allowing myself to pick a favorite, been burned too many times by that but there are quiet a few that have caught my eye (or ear lol) and that makes me happy. It's never any fun when I put all my money on one horse and then it gets knocked out of the race early.

From WI, I like the tragic story and Tiwan the daycare teacher and deep voiced Scottie. The intern was nice but I don't see her surviving Hollywood. She seems sort of fragile somehow.

Marvin Gaye screamer? I thought he was doing what all the female belters do, showing a huge voice because the judges always fall over themselves for it. Hoping he understands that louder is not always better and has more control in later rounds.

Can't wait to see what we get next because I've yet to single out any of the females as potentials and I always prefer to pull for the girls since its usually the boys getting all the attention on shows like these (you know, where people vote).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4167411;
    Well.....he sort of made it easy for them by wheeling her in. No way they would miss that.
    They told him to go get her. I can't fault him for bringing her to the audition either. When they told her he was going on to Hollywood she said "I knew you could do it" or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread