+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Audition Rounds *Spoilers*

Re: 1/26 Audition Rounds *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4166045;
    I don't think so. Not living in Garner. Not close enough. I'll have to check into that, but I don't see that being possible.
    Yes, that has already been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;4165877;
    I work in Garner, NC -- and the high school there (they showed baseball players in the video snippet I saw, and it was definitely Garner Magnet High School) is not the same one that Clay went to, which is in Raleigh.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 01-26-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;4165989;
    Chris Medina's voice lives up to his back-story.
    Thank goodness..you could tell he was nervous at first but once he got past the first few bars he really started singing and it was lovely. He just needs some vocal instruction and I think he could be great. Far more raw talent than Gokey.

Normally I dont care for the backstory because everyone has a grandma who is old (and we love!), bad things happen to good people, and there are a lot of single moms in this country (and frankly, there are a lot of single moms who get the job done and dont make me think that idol is there only way to make a good life). This guy, however, just got to me. He was with this girl for 8 years and they were a gorgeous, happy couple (the proposal video was so sweet!). After her accident he could have gradually slipped away and left her to her mother but instead he still loves her and is her part-time caretaker. Unless you have taken care of a special needs/elderly patient you can not understand how physically and emotionally demanding and draining that job is--and it seems that he is handling it well. You can tell that he is fully supported by her family (they were all there) and the toll this tragedy has exacted on him (notice the substantial weight gain...he doesnt ) is immense. I believe he is 100% geniuine and he appears to be a really, really good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;4165989;
    ETA: OMG, Steven Tyler just brought tears to my eyes!

I balled my eyes out--Steven Tyler is absolutely the biggest shock of the season. I dont care if he does like the ladies and was a wild rock star--if you treat people the way he does then you are all right in my book.
    Last edited by mindy384; 01-26-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4165883;
    See what happens when you believe something you see on the internet?

I actually saw that on 2 different sites.
    John Paulus, the nasty guy that has stalked Clay for years lives in Garner...or is from Garner, I believe. It's located south of Raliegh and Clay was raised in north Raleigh and went to Leesville (I think that's the name) High School.

I DO NOT like that the age was lowered to 15, even though some of those kids tonight were extremely talented. The age should be RAISED to 18, and even that age is (usually) far too immature to handle this.

The story surrounding the last guy was heart-wrentching, that's for sure. I'm unsure as to whether I like the stories added. It adds a human touch, but it can also be manipulative.

I loved how they showed footage of an end-of-the-day ...ahem... "sunset" over Lake Michigan. Good trick, really, seeing that the Lake is to the east of Milwaukee!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4166114;

I balled my eyes out--Steven Tyler is absolutely the biggest shock of the season. I dont care if he does like the ladies and was a wild rock star--if you treat people the way he does then you are all right in my book.
    I agree. He broke my heart when he hugged and kissed her.

They just don't make a lot of guys like this kid anymore. If more married people had his frame of mind...there would be a lot less divorce. I really really like him. His voice is good and his heart is huge. I was sobbing and I don't do that for Idol back stories.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4166114;
    Normally I dont care for the backstory because everyone has a grandma who is old (and we love!), bad things happen to good people, and there are a lot of single moms in this country (and frankly, there are a lot of single moms who get the job done and dont make me think that idol is THEIR only way to make a good life).
    I know Im tired when I cant use their correctly! Had to make the correction and add that I totally understand why everyone is saying ST is the nicest judge this season..who woulda 'thunk' it? My husband actually commented that he liked this new formula much more and would actually watch a little (he normally watches ZERO). He said its nice seeing people who can actually sing and kinder judges who seem to know what they are talking about.

Oh! One More thing! I totally think Ryan Seacrest hates it when people pick him up like a ragdoll. Anyone else notice how he reacts?

After a promising first two episodes, the Milwuakee auditions were a bit of a let-down. It felt like a drag, whereas I was fully interested throughout the first two sets of auditions.

Chris Medina's story is the sob story to end all sob stories. There aren't enough people like him. BUT! I really hope he doesn't exploit his wife like that anymore. If he makes it further, the story is bound to be mentioned. But I don't want another Gokey situation. Heck, I didn't even watch that season all that much, and I still heard too much about him.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

If Chris Medina experiences success and gets his career underway, he will eventually move on to marry another woman, I hope. It is hard to believe that he will forever be a caretaker for his first love. This is a very sad story and I hope we have heard the last of it. I would like this show to allow him to stand on his talent. It will be AI's decision to milk this or not and they very well may. This never serves the contestant.

I don't think he exploited her, at all, by bringing her to the audition! Most bring their families, why shouldn't he? Though physically impaired, her mind is probably keen. How terrible to have left her at home.

Randy is emerging as a rational and strong judge. I think we will look toward him as the one to give and honest, straight forward critique.

Stephan. Oh my. What is up with "I liked it but not for this show." Breaking into song or that ridiculous scream is distracting, not on key and cringe worthy. We may see him change as things progress. Nigel (I think he is back) will correct his annoying behavior. It looks like he has already been told not to oogle the women. He only had one lapse last night and realized it immediately.

Jennifer. I like her so far. She doesn't couch her 'no' with faint praise and that is good. Seems she is going to be good.

I would love to see what is involved in pairing down a stadium sized crowd. No way can all of these people go in front of the priliminary judging panel, whoever they may be. How many are on staff to do this? How many do the judges actually see in a day? Will we ever know?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4166225;
    If Chris Medina experiences success and gets his career underway, he will eventually move on to marry another woman, I hope.
    Seriously? I totally don't understand why you would say that. I have a woman that works for me that took care of her paraplegic husband for over 25 years before he passed away. All this time she worked 40 hours a week as a waitress, had breast cancer, never missed worked while undergoing treatment and is still going at it at the age of 75. She is a beast. Punches in at 7 a.m. and never sits down all day. NEVER! She works circles around my younger staff.
    I don't understand how you can wish someone would leave the love of their life. As Chris said, what kind of man would he be if he walked away from that. I totally agree. As far as milking it blame AI, not him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4166235;
    Seriously? I totally don't understand why you would say that. I have a woman that works for me that took care of her paraplegic husband for over 25 years before he passed away. All this time she worked 40 hours a week as a waitress, had breast cancer, never missed worked while undergoing treatment and is still going at it at the age of 75. She is a beast. Punches in at 7 a.m. and never sits down all day. NEVER! She works circles around my younger staff.
    I don't understand how you can wish someone would leave the love of their life. As Chris said, what kind of man would he be if he walked away from that. I totally agree. As far as milking it blame AI, not him.
    My statement came from the heart seeing this very young man who may not be able to experience a partner who can be fully present in his life as a friend, mother and support. I have two sons and come from a place of wanting them to have the fullest life they can. He may not need or want this. I do hope he will do what he needs to do to live the life he wants.

I have worked with seriously brain damaged young people and their lovers hang on for awhile, in hope, but the relationship just cannot be sustained.

Your friend stuck by her husband who lost the use of his legs. He was still there with his mind fully functional and phycially able to do a lot. There is a huge difference here.

As for her being the love of his life, we don't know this. He is in love with her now, he is young. The accident didn't happen very long ago. It takes a lot of work to sustain and nurture a marriage when both people are fully functional. I think the odds of this relationship surviving the test of time is slim. Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread