+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/20 Audition Rounds *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/20 Audition Rounds *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4156246;
    I thought this was another good show. I really like the new direction. Fewer weirdos & more of the goog stuff & they did show a lot of the good stuff last night. There were some really impressive singers, top to bottom.
    I agree. I am keeping an open mind. I have not warmed to Stephan and Jennifer yet but I am not put off by them either. Once the show has started it will be easier to get a read on what their style is.

I had gotten really bored with the show, but am looking forward to the rest of this season! They've cut out all the things I didn't like - bored Simon, bad auditions, the waste of time between Hollywood and top 12.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4156012;
    15 is too young. I don't like the new age limit. I think they should have raised it not lowered it.
    I would have the age be 18 to 29. Enough with the children!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4156280;
    I would have the age be 18 to 29. Enough with the children!

Anyone that is talented at 15, will be even more prepared to compete at 18. Even the really good young contestants like Jordan and Archie would have been better with a couple more years on them. And then last year, Aaron Kelly and Katie Stevens (both very talented) just tanked under the pressure - which is too bad because if they had waited a few years they might have been real contenders.

Not to mention all the extra expense and hassle of tutors, guardians, stage parents (*cough* Jeff Archuleta *cough*), and tour chaperones.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Too many "Disney" contestants. Voices that sound ready at 15 still will be changing to where they're really going to be. At the rate this show is going, the lower age limit will soon be 10 years. I agree with those who think the limit should be raised...not lowered.

I'm sure Disney channel would love to have an Idol contest all their very own...and the kids would love it, too. I am so sick of things being made more juvenile.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4156681;
    Too many "Disney" contestants. Voices that sound ready at 15 still will be changing to where they're really going to be. At the rate this show is going, the lower age limit will soon be 10 years. I agree with those who think the limit should be raised...not lowered.

I'm sure Disney channel would love to have an Idol contest all their very own...and the kids would love it, too. I am so sick of things being made more juvenile.
    THAT is actually a wonderful idea! It would give these kids an outlet of their own. With the rise of stars (and I use that word loosely) like Miley and Bieber, more and more kids are wanting that success and I don't necessarily think it's a good thing. Those artists don't really appeal to mature listeners. Idol should stick with 18 and up.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4156778;
    THAT is actually a wonderful idea! It would give these kids an outlet of their own. With the rise of stars (and I use that word loosely) like Miley and Bieber, more and more kids are wanting that success and I don't necessarily think it's a good thing. Those artists don't really appeal to mature listeners. Idol should stick with 18 and up.
    I couldn't agree more...each season when these youngens' sneak through, I am always saying.."sounds like a disney show to me!"
    I for one am NOT looking forward to hearing anymore from the "Cheerleader" girl from North Carolina, she needs a starring role in her own disney show!

Instead of American Idol, they could change it to "Teen Idol". I agree with you TopCat, in a few more years they will be so better prepared for the competition, the fame.... And if they are trying to appeal to that young of an audience do you really think alot of these kids even know who Steve Tyler is???
    Last edited by libgirl2; 01-21-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

My favorite quote of the night, from Jlo:

"First of all, his hair was very well conditioned..."

I loved how he and Steven Tyler traded conditioning tips. I had fun watching last night, hope it keeps up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast