+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I say its better for him. Poor kid would probably get eaten up alive. Give him a few more years to mature and then he should give it another go.
    yeah...I bet he'll be back..
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Regular

If it's true, I would feel better about the top 24 knowing Jaycee was not included. Seemed like a very nice kid with a sweet voice but not top 24 material, especially given the apparent skill level of many of this season's contenstants.

+1 on the Durbin comments. I don't believe that he did himself any favors with his comments about the minors and their stage moms.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This is why I try not to read spoilers. It gets my hopes up and then I'm let down when it turns out not to be quite accurate.

I for one would gladly get rid of both James Durbin AND Clint Gamboa. Glad that crazy newlywed Ashley is gone.

Liking Paul McDonald and wishing Chris Medina would have stayed.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by sfhondapilot View Post
    If it's true, I would feel better about the top 24 knowing Jaycee was not included. Seemed like a very nice kid with a sweet voice but not top 24 material, especially given the apparent skill level of many of this season's contenstants.
    This is going to sound horrible, but if he's serious about getting into the music business then he can also spend the year or two working out. He's a "cute kid" now, but he stands a better chance of doing well in the business if he works on his physical appearance as well as his singing.

I don't mean this in an insulting way at all: he should do what he feels comfortable doing. But in the business of performance and entertainment he stands a better chance if he's in better shape.

See, I feel horrible. But he's had a dip into the pool of Hollywood sharks, so if he decides that this is the business for him, he has time to get ready, so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    This is going to sound horrible, but if he's serious about getting into the music business then he can also spend the year or two working out. He's a "cute kid" now, but he stands a better chance of doing well in the business if he works on his physical appearance as well as his singing.

I don't mean this in an insulting way at all: he should do what he feels comfortable doing. But in the business of performance and entertainment he stands a better chance if he's in better shape.

See, I feel horrible. But he's had a dip into the pool of Hollywood sharks, so if he decides that this is the business for him, he has time to get ready, so that's something.
    Why? You spoke the truth. He is not talented enough to overcome the image issue, sorry but he isn't. Maybe with a few years on him he may improve to that point. However, the fact of the matter is that that is a very superficial business and it will eat him alive.

I've read much worse about him and his weight on other forums, you were very polite and truthful.

During Durbin's audition (which is currently featured on the Autism Speaks site) he talks about having Asperger's and Tourette's. My son was just diagnosed with AS and like I said, it troubles me that people see that ill mannered and rude person and think that all children/adults with Asperger's must be like that. I am having a very hard time moving past that and moving past the way he treated those kids. Plus, he's not a great singer. Heck, not even good. That screeching is out of key and seems to always be inappropriately placed.

I love Paul M. He and Tim made me smile when I watched them performing. I watch AI to be entertained and they definitely did that!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I for one would gladly get rid of both James Durbin AND Clint Gamboa. Glad that crazy newlywed Ashley is gone.
    The sooner Where's Waldo & Screamer leave the better!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marlap View Post
    Looks like America votes for the finalists, plus each judge's one wildcard spot. The Joe's Place American Idol blog links to a website called bumpshack.com, where I found the following answer:

The tenth season of American Idol gives the judges, Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson, a bit more power when it comes to choose the finalists who will fight for the Idol title.

The judges will be responsible for the auditions until they find their Top 20, which will include 10 boys and 10 girls. At the moment, the judges already have their Top 40, but the Top 20 Idol wannabes haven’t been chosen yet to prevent names from being leaked too early.

The public at home will vote for their favorite(s) in the Top 20. The five most voted boys and five most voted girls will go straight to the finals. Each of the judges will have a very tough decision to make before handling a “wild card” to another Idol hopeful.

In the big finale, 13 lucky contestants will battle on stage for the title of new American Idol.

That was written a while back. Now that it's a top 24, maybe it will be 6 boys + 6 girls + 1 wildcard per judge = 15 finalists? It may even be top 15 regardless of gender. We might have ten women and five men in the finals.
    This answers the question I had after the final 24 show last night. Has the first audience cut ever been this drastic before? I seem to remember we've had two weeks of split girls/boys nights in previous years. With 15 left for the next round, they will be able to go to a performance night and a results night the week after next.

My problem is that I don't want to cut anyone who made it through to the 24.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    The sooner Where's Waldo & Screamer leave the better!
    I saw the "where's waldo" reference earlier and didn't understand it.

It makes perfect sense now!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This answers the question I had after the final 24 show last night. Has the first audience cut ever been this drastic before? ...
    Last year (as in most years) they took three weeks to whittle the semi-finalists down, eliminating two guys and two girls each week until they had the twelve finalists.

The year before in Season eight they split the kids into three performance groups of twelve people. Each group had their own performance night. They took the top two from each group. Then they had a wild card week where the judges picked their favorite remaining contestants and gave them another chance to perform. (Here comes the screwy part.) Then, the same night that the singers performed, after only a commercial break they announced the seven remaining finalists! Yes, over half the Season 8 finalists were hand-picked by the producers without an audience vote. (And obviously before they even performed.)

That unfortuante model is close to what they are doing this year. Rather than have several performanaces to give the audience a good feel of what they can (and cannot) do, this is going to be a "sudden death" round. Backstory and preivous screen time will give some an advantage (already developing fan bases).

On the positive side, unlike in Season Eight, this year they have showed us multiple performances from each semi-finalist.

Song Spoilers for the Top 12 Guys:

1. Clint Jun Gamboa – Superstition
    2. Jovany Barreto – I’ll Be
    3. Jordan Dorsey – OMG
    4. Tim Halperin – Streetcorner Symphony (Come On Over) (Rob Thomas)
    5. Brett Loewenstern – Light My Fire
    6. James Durbin – You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’ (Judas Priest)
    7. Robbie Rosen – Arms Of An Angel
    8. Scotty McCreery – Letters From Home (John Michael Montgomery)
    9. Stefano Langone – Just The Way You Are (Bruno Mars)
    10. Paul McDonald – Maggie Mae
    11. Jacob Lusk – House Is Not A Home
    12. Casey Abrams – I Put A Spell On You

+ Reply to Thread