+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Eighteen of the TOP24 have been spoiled. Some of the people who have been cut have also been leaked.

TOP24
    Ashthon Jones
    Brett Loewenstern
    Casey Abrams
    Clint Jun Gamboa
    Jacee Badeaux
    James Durbin
    Jordan Dorsey
    Jovany Barreto
    Julie Zorrilla
    Karen Rodriguez
    Kendra Chantelle Campbell
    Lauren Alaina
    Lauren Turner
    Naima Adedapo
    Pia Toscano
    Rachel Zevita
    Robbie Rosen
    Scott McCreery

CUT
    Chris Medina
    Eryn Kelly
    Hollie Cavanagh
    Jackie Wilson
    Jessica Cunningham
    John Wayne Schulz
    Keisha Lewis

INFORMATION TBD
    Aaron Sanders
    Alex Ryan
    Brittany Mazur
    Colton Dixon
    DeAndre Brackensick
    Haley Reinhart
    Jacob Lusk
    Jerome Bell
    Jimmie Allen
    Paul McDonald
    Stefano Langone
    Ta-Tynisa Wilson
    Thia Megia
    Tim Halperin
    Tiwan Strong
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Jacob had better make it!

What? No....no...no....not these!

Jacee Badeaux
    James Durbin
    Jordan Dorsey
    Jovany Barreto
    Lauren Alaina
    Pia Toscano
    Scott McCreery

*sighs* this is not going to be a good season for me, almost half of the leaked are on my personal NO NO NO list. I can't believe John Wayne is gone, who will my eye candy be now? I have to have eye candy. And so much Rachel Zevita having turned down the chance to accept another offer, if that rumor was bogus maybe some of these are as well.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Regular

I'm happy with the top 18;
    SO then did Rachel back out for the Juliard scholarship after finding out she'd made it- and if so I wonder who replaced her?

Of the 'unsure' list, I'd love to see Haley, Jacob, Colton, Stefano and DeOndre make the final cut. I also hoped to see Molly's name somewhere on the list. She's been MIA since her audition but apparently she was in one of the 'yes' rooms. So that means Joe's Place got her wrong and I couldn't be happier about that.

As much as Chris would deserve a national spotlight, I agree that he wasn't good enough of a singer to make the top 24. I heard that people have sent donations for him and his fiance (for her care) and I'd love it if I heard that the judges decide to do something to help them. I honestly think he could have been cut earlier but they kept him around to give him a respite -something just for him - and to help him get more coverage and donations.

FORT Regular

To the person asking whether Hollie and Lauren Turner made it into a yes room, yes they did. According to the top 18 list hollie was put into the `no`section, while Lauren made it.
    Last edited by sunny73; 02-18-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: deleted - need to quote original first sorry!

Really disappointed about Hollie. She wasn't great in her audition, but she has really improved judging from the short glimpses we have seen of her in Hollywood. I am also really disappointed that Jackie didn't make it. UGH.

I love that Kendra Chantelle made it, but I think she was probably cast as fodder. Shame, because she was really good from the short minute we saw of her.

sunny, as much as I would love for her to be wrong on Molly, the room cuts dwindled the group down to 61 contestants. This explains how Ashley Sulllivan made it to the next round without her name being included in the TOP40 list. But I do agree with you that I wish she had made it. All of my favorite auditioners are pretty much gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

Jacee Badeaux
    James Durbin
    Jordan Dorsey
    Jovany Barreto
    Lauren Alaina
    Pia Toscano
    Scott McCreery

*sighs* this is not going to be a good season for me, almost half of the leaked are on my personal NO NO NO list. I can't believe John Wayne is gone, who will my eye candy be now? I have to have eye candy. And so much Rachel Zevita having turned down the chance to accept another offer, if that rumor was bogus maybe some of these are as well.
    Agree with you about Jacee, James, and Scott. Jacee is good, but he isn't amazing by any means. Not to mention the fact that he is being pushed down our throats with one of the most sympathetic edits in Idol history. James is good, but he does not know how to hone his voice. Adam had control over his scream; James comes out of nowhere with it. And Scott, I actually really like his voice. But it has gotten old with the millionth rendition of "Baby lock the door and turn the lights down loowwwww." Plus, I know that the teenage girls will probably bring him far.

Sort of agree with you on Jordan with the way he acted in the group rounds, but he is a really good singer IMO. Sort of the same situation with Jovany. Didn't like him in the auditions, but quite some time has passed for that dislike to go away. He's not as good as Jordan, but he's not horrible by any means.

I like Pia though! I think she's good. Lauren... I would LOVE this girl if I could ignore how much she has been showcased. But I don't hate her quite yet because I think she's actually really talented.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm so glad I'm not the only way who thinks that way about Jacee. Look, I feel really sorry for him. Yes, it was a shame what happened to him on group night. But I resent having him shoved down my throat just because he has a sympathetic story. Other contestants flubbed the words and gave bad performances on group night, and they were eliminated. The next night his singing was only mediocre. I simply do not feel that he belongs in the same league with some of the other great singers that I heard Thursday night.

Over in another thread, somebody pointed out that in the opening credits you can see pictures of Daughtry, Adam Lambert, and Jennifer Hudson. They were saying that pics of those contestants have to be included since the only winners who have done well are Kelly and Carrie. I was tempted to add David Cook, but then I realized that I hadn't heard anything about him in a while.

When they did that parade of winners in the season finale last year, he wasn't with them and it really jumped out at me. (I heard later that he was at one of his charity appearances.) If I remember correctly, Carrie had sung a song earlier that night. Did Kelly do anything? Was she in the lineup? If not, then it was very interesting that the three best winners weren't there. Kind of sad, actually.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    ... I was tempted to add David Cook, but then I realized that I hadn't heard anything about him in a while.

When they did that parade of winners in the season finale last year, he wasn't with them and it really jumped out at me. (I heard later that he was at one of his charity appearances.) If I remember correctly, Carrie had sung a song earlier that night. Did Kelly do anything? Was she in the lineup? If not, then it was very interesting that the three best winners weren't there. Kind of sad, actually.
    FYI, David has been writing and recording his next album - he just finished a couple of weeks ago.

At the Finale last year, the big adios to Simon was begun by Kelly, making a rather grand entrance and getting the first verse to herself. She was then joined by all the Idol winners (except David).

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    James is good, but he does not know how to hone his voice. Adam had control over his scream; James comes out of nowhere with it. And Scott, I actually really like his voice. But it has gotten old with the millionth rendition of "Baby lock the door and turn the lights down loowwwww." Plus, I know that the teenage girls will probably bring him far.

Sort of agree with you on Jordan with the way he acted in the group rounds, but he is a really good singer IMO. Sort of the same situation with Jovany. Didn't like him in the auditions, but quite some time has passed for that dislike to go away. He's not as good as Jordan, but he's not horrible by any means.

I like Pia though! I think she's good. Lauren... I would LOVE this girl if I could ignore how much she has been showcased. But I don't hate her quite yet because I think she's actually really talented.
    I can't get past the bad edit that Jordan has gotten. I loved him in his audition and really wish he hadn't been shown as being such a jerk. I don't think I can support somebody who was so high handed and arrogant.

Jovany has the same problem that Jaycee has. Teeny tiny little voices with very little range, plus Jovany is just weird to look at (lol, why yes...I am shallow).

Pia - I don't remember her from the auditions and I wasn't impressed with her group number so on the basis of others liking her then I will reserve judgment and wait to see what she delivers. She is pretty though and well, as I said, I'm shallow lol.

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren - if she can get past the annoying pandering and butt kissing then maybe I may like her but really? I've never seen such a young person being so obnoxious about kissing up. She makes me ill with it, actually, does her family know Steven personally? There has to be something there because it's so over the top. Gah.

I think out of the TBD's I'd like to see Colton Dixon, Jacob Lusk, and Stefano Langone advance.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I am really bad with names and remembering who is who, but I am glad to see Casey Abrams and Robbie Rosen make the final 24 but extremely disappointed to see Jacee and Clint Jun Gamboa there.

I think Jacee is a very talented young man, but he's in waaaay over his head with this thing. As a mother, I would not want to send my young inexperienced 15 or 16 year old into this competition with the way they eat their young, so to speak. I was disappointed that they lowered the age requirement. I think it should have been raised to 18 at least. I'm not saying that these kids aren't talented or that they don't deserve to be seen and heard, but they need time to mature and understand what a huge fishbowl they're swimming in. I know, some that I like are the very young ones, but they seem to be able to "handle" it so far. I could be wrong about Jacee and he could be a lot stronger than he appears....but he reminds me so much of my own kids that I just want to protect him from the evil Idol machine.

Please, please, please let Colton Dixon be there!!

Also disapointed about John Wayne Shulz and Chris Medina.

As you can tell....I tend to focus more on the guy talent than the girl talent.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

Jacee Badeaux
    James Durbin
    Jordan Dorsey
    Jovany Barreto
    Lauren Alaina
    Pia Toscano
    Scott McCreery

Definitely agree with you about Jacee (super nice kid, nice voice, but not for AI) and Scott. Scott does have an interesting voice, but I can't see him as a soloist. I don't mind the others.

Also agree with you about John Wayne being gone. He is one person I thought the country music community would embrace. Nice looks, nice voice, gentlemanly with sex appeal. And I'm disappointed about Chris Medina. He was so great in his audition, although he did fall kind of flat with "My Prerogative." I still thought he had potential. Maybe I missed other bad performances.

I'm disappointed to see Clint Gun Gamboa in there. Bleh. Haven't liked him from day 1.

I'm curious if they're pushing for a female winner this year. As you pointed out, Harmony, the male eye candy is severely lacking. But there are some pretty girls in there.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 02-19-2011 at 11:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread