+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    What is to blame? The show is a success, no?
    You are right. But that doesn't make it a good show! To be honest, all I've seen from it were excerpts shown on The Soup. But it doesn't look like a show I'd be interested in spending time on. And Debb70 seems less than impressed too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I believe Ryan is the producer of (and to blame for) Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
    Are you serious? Ryan Seacrest produced that show? I never watched it; it was another one of those pointless shows that didn't appeal to me. However, I can't get away from their names in the tabloids. And they've done what to earn this kind of coverage? Star in a reality show? Good grief.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

You are right. But that doesn't make it a good show! To be honest, all I've seen from it were excerpts shown on The Soup. But it doesn't look like a show I'd be interested in spending time on. And Debb70 seems less than impressed too.
    I have never watched it but get the drift from entertainment shows. I get it now. Not great and Ryan is the producer, yes? That is your point? I thought there was more.

Here is what Ryan had to say about his new show:

Ryan Seacrest Preps Music Show for NBC; Says It Won't Compete With 'American Idol'

"It doesn't make a lot of sense to host a show competing with 'Idol,' " but it’s possible to be the face of another show in the future, Seacrest told THR in late March.

Ryan Seacrest is in early talks with NBC to do a music themed show.

Unlike American Idol, the Ryan Seacrest Productions project is not a traditional competition show, nor is it clear that Seacrest would serve as host. At this stage, the potential series is in the preliminary stages of development, with the concept still being fleshed out.

What is clear is that Seacrest has no plans to have a show that would compete with Idol, the Fox juggernaut that he’s currently paid $15 million a year to front. Worth noting: that pact, with Idol parent CKX, bars him from appearing on any other broadcast network until 2012. It expires at the end of next season.

“It doesn’t make a lot of sense to host a show competing with Idol,” Seacrest said during an interview in his office in late March. “I think it’s possible to be the face of another show in the future, but at this point I certainly have not even gone down that road because Idol is in a great place, so I think we’re just enjoying that and we want to focus on that.”

In recent years, the multi-hyphenate has been as — if not more -- focused on expanding his footprint behind the camera as a producer, with a string of shows at E! (four iterations of the Kardashian franchise, The Dance Scene), ABC (Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution) and TLC (upcoming I Kid, hosted by Brad Garrett).

The musical offering is one of some 20 shows that RSP has in development, many of them with NBCUniversal networks. As Seacrest told The Hollywood Reporter in a cover story last month, the long-time Comcast Entertainment talent went into the merger with NBCU saying, ‘Hey, what do you got? What can we do? Yes. Let’s go.”

The New York Post first broke the news.
    Ryan Seacrest Preps Music Show for NBC; Says It Won't Compete With American Idol - The Hollywood Reporter
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FOX FLASH - FOX PRIMETIME

LADY GAGA TO MENTOR TOP 4 FINALISTS WHO WILL PERFORM SONGS OF LEIBER AND STOLLER WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, LIVE ON FOX

Steven Tyler to World Premiere New Video and Jordin Sparks Set to Perform on Next Results Show Thursday, May 12

AMERICAN IDOL Season 11 Auditions Set for St. Louis, Portland and Charleston; Additional Cities to Be Announced

On Wednesday, May 11 (8:00-9:30 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 4 - Lauren Alaina, James Durbin, Scotty McCreery and Haley Reinhart - return to the IDOL stage to perform the songs of renowned American songwriting and producing duo Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller.

Tune in the following night, Thursday, May 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), to the live results show to find out who will make it to the Top 3. In addition, catch the world premiere of the video for IDOL judge and rock-and-roll legend Steven Tyler's first U.S. solo single, "(It) Feels So Good," as well as a performance by Season Six IDOL winner Jordin Sparks.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

I hope that Scotty branches out and doesn't give us "Hound Dog" -- too predictable at this point in the show.

I'm responding to questions about my comment upthread concerning Ryan Seacrest and my dislike of him for his production of all the Kardashian clan shows. I'll try to put it in a nutshell for those who haven't watched it. I don'tr watch it now, but tried for awhile.

Since the beginning of the show the actors have portrayed it as their "real life." THey swear it is NOT scripted, but how they really are in real life. Fast forward through the seasons and the family members have lied, verbally abused each other, and treated each other like dirt. Kourtney has stayed in a relationship with an openly violent and abusive baby's daddy and they have shown explicit scenes of violence with the child nearby. The woman refuses to get away from the man even with his drunken, violent, outbursts and abuse.
    One day Chris Jenner is horribly upset about the situation and the next day she is hugging the guy and saying he's a great dad. Same with Kourtney. Condoning abuse and the dangers of substance abuse when children are in danger is IRRESPONSIBLE IMO.

So, either all the violence, threats and abuse is fake or they are lying by saying it is true when it's staged. Either way it is disgraceful. I don't like showing families living that way and acting like it's okay.

They whine over silly things and are so full of themself that it's sickening.

So, that's it. I don't like it. It makes me wonder about Ryan. Really. Sick.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    FOX FLASH - FOX PRIMETIME

LADY GAGA TO MENTOR TOP 4 FINALISTS WHO WILL PERFORM SONGS OF LEIBER AND STOLLER WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, LIVE ON FOX

Steven Tyler to World Premiere New Video and Jordin Sparks Set to Perform on Next Results Show Thursday, May 12

AMERICAN IDOL Season 11 Auditions Set for St. Louis, Portland and Charleston; Additional Cities to Be Announced

On Wednesday, May 11 (8:00-9:30 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 4 - Lauren Alaina, James Durbin, Scotty McCreery and Haley Reinhart - return to the IDOL stage to perform the songs of renowned American songwriting and producing duo Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller.

Tune in the following night, Thursday, May 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), to the live results show to find out who will make it to the Top 3. In addition, catch the world premiere of the video for IDOL judge and rock-and-roll legend Steven Tyler's first U.S. solo single, "(It) Feels So Good," as well as a performance by Season Six IDOL winner Jordin Sparks.

Thanks for keeping us updated Love_Me.

This is awful. I sure hope they aren't doing 2 songs apiece by Leiber & Stoller. Here are their most famous songs - mostly 50s-60s era:

There Goes My Baby
    Hound Dog
    Kansas City
    Smokey Joe's Cafe
    Yakety Yak
    Poison Ivy
    Charlie Brown
    Stand By Me
    Jailhouse Rock
    Love Potion No. 9
    Searchin'
    Young Blood
    I'm a Woman
    On Broadway
    Spanish Harlem

If there are going to be 8 L&S songs performed, I predict a disappointing night next Wednesday.

If there are going to be 8 L&S songs performed, I predict a disappointing night next Wednesday.
    We might have a quite a few train wrecks!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

This is awful. I sure hope they aren't doing 2 songs apiece by Leiber & Stoller. Here are their most famous songs - mostly 50s-60s era:

There Goes My Baby
    Hound Dog
    Kansas City
    Smokey Joe's Cafe
    Yakety Yak
    Poison Ivy
    Charlie Brown
    Stand By Me
    Jailhouse Rock
    Love Potion No. 9
    Searchin'
    Young Blood
    I'm a Woman
    On Broadway
    Spanish Harlem

For years I listened to the Oldies station....I know all of those songs and could sing along with them - not that anyone would want to hear me!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread