+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

I'm sad to see Melinda not on the list. I thought she was really good!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny73;4155870;
    I think Brittany Mazur was shown last night being told she made it to Hollywood but we didn't hear her sing. Same goes for Aaron Sanders and Jessica Cunningham (she was dressed like Posh Spice or Trinity from the Matrix, I recognize her hair in the photo, above )

It makes me frustrated to realize that some which I loved aren't there and yet these three we don't even know anything about them. I would have loved to have heard them sing!
    Me too! And then more from last night that I liked aren't on that list. But this is fairly typical. AI loves to highlight ones that don't make it past Hollywood, every year I tell myself do NOT get into any of them because 95% will never be seen again and every year I can't stop myself from doing just that lol.

I noticed the ones too that were shown quickly but since they didn't get any sort of feature? They don't count lol. So this means that Brett, Jordan, Jaycee, Joveny (ICK) and Robbie are contenders (in the producers eyes) since they got featured and made it to top 40. They already have a leg up on the others who got nothing or a brief glimpse.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4156181;
    ...So this means that Brett, Jordan, Jaycee, Joveny (ICK) and Robbie are contenders (in the producers eyes) since they got featured and made it to top 40. They already have a leg up on the others who got nothing or a brief glimpse.
    I guess old habits die hard. This is the classic Idol paradox:
    1. It is a singing competition (where there should be a level playing field)
    2. It is a reality show (where story lines are highlighted to create audience interest)

These two mandates conflict with each other all the time and cause fan frustration. And there is no way to please everybody.

Some people (like you and me) are primarily interested in the competition. We roll out eyes at heart-tugging back stories and having talented contestants buried in the back field (Kelly Clarkson, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta). We tune in to see the kids' talent and creativity.

Others want contestants they get to know and can root for; they want to see more behind-the-scenes, and enjoy rivalries and drama. This is the Simon Cowell blueprint - (look for a lot of it in X Factor.)

It was this balance that led to Nigel Lythgoe leaving the show after Season 7. Cowell wanted interesting characters and storylines; Nigel wanted a fairer competition. Fox backed Cowell. Now, Nigel is back and Simon is gone, so expect to see the pendulum swing the other way. (I'm already seeing less audition screen time going to the freaks and more time being spent on the people getting Golden Tickets.)

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I have known Clint Gamboa for many years - not to say we're close or anything - but he's been in the SoCal karaoke scene for a long time. This guy is really talented and could go the distance. I might actually have to break down and watch this season.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

The first audition show, very last singer..a guy from the Bronx who had a backstory of being homeless for a while with his family and twin brother..is he not on this list? What the crap? He sounded like a groovy mix of Maxwell and Jason M. (did his song too). This kid was incredible. How can they pick 40 people and he NOT be one of them?

The singing waitress was also outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4156469;
    Some people (like you and me) are primarily interested in the competition. We roll out eyes at heart-tugging back stories and having talented contestants buried in the back field (Kelly Clarkson, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta). We tune in to see the kids' talent and creativity.
    Rather than quote the whole post since I completely agree with everything, I just wanted to say how funny I found it that we thought the same ones were great and how BS it was that they were buried in the auditions and even the voting shows themselves.

I for one am glad that Nigel is back and I can definitely see the difference right off the bat, Nigel understands that in order to stay on top that the show HAS to change and HAS to update. Otherwise some new and fresh show will come a long and take it's place.

Give Nigel time and a chance, he is still tweaking SYTYCD and I have no doubt that there will be more tweaks with AI before he is finally happy with it's new direction. Besides, he can't change everything at once, the fans would balk!

And to answer the previous poster, I had commented on the same thing and also being upset that the singing waitress and the homeless kid didn't make it. I thought they were great and I would have bought just about anything that kid put out if he continued to sound like that when he sang. I love Jack Johnson (yes, I love singer/song writers...Simon go ahead and call me dreadful now lol) and any time I can find a new singer who has the same vibe? I'm all over that!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Tonight, keep an eye on these folks who auditioned in Milwaukee:
    • Chris Medina
    • Haley Reinhart
    • Naima Adedap
    • Scott McCreery
    • Ta-Tynisa Wilson
    • Thia Megia
    • Tiwan Strong

Thanks for the list, TopCat! It's much harder to try and remember the names of the people I liked after the episode is over.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4158810;
    The first audition show, very last singer..a guy from the Bronx who had a backstory of being homeless for a while with his family and twin brother..is he not on this list? What the crap? He sounded like a groovy mix of Maxwell and Jason M. (did his song too). This kid was incredible. How can they pick 40 people and he NOT be one of them?

The singing waitress was also outstanding!
    I only saw the last few minutes, but they included the homeless kid.
    I liked him, but didn't think he was incredible, sorry.

I was very taken aback at AI's description / dramatization of the area he came from.
    I know that area real well and also know that that part of the city has been revitalized - several years ago. At no time did it ever reach the level that AI would have you believe with that backstory. Many years ago, it was considered one of the most desirable locations in the borough. It did fall upon hard times, as so many urban areas have. However, it was never like what was described in that piece. That edit was false and extremely offensive.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

what about the guy who sings at bar mitzvah's and weddings? I think his name was Jerome? I'm so bad with names, I already forget him but he was REALLY good. *i just checked and his name is Jerome Bell. He IS listed in the top 40.
    I'm a fan of Naima (she looks like nenah cherry!) as well.

wow the white house intern was phenomenal. Molly. My favorite so far. She's not listed in the top 40 and that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to me unless they decide she doesn't really NEED this. So what, she's got an incredible voice. I hope they might be wrong on some of the names!
    Last edited by sunny73; 01-26-2011 at 09:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread