+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Can someone tell me if any of the contestants who made it to the Top 13 had previous recording contracts or if they tried to make it and failed? Are there any plants this season?
    Pia auditioned for Americal Idol a few times before. She made it to Hollywood in Jordin's season, I think. I don't know if she is a plant but Idol has known about her for years.
    Thia made it to the top 40 on America's Got Talent. Filipino news stations promoted Idol long before her audition was shown.
    Paul McDonald might just be really, really savvy but his band's youtube page released a well-produced video of Paul and Kendra Chantelle singing a duet together. It was a promotional thing, I suppose. He also had his official twitter account up and running sooner than anyone else.
    Jacob was in late Singer, Nate Dogg's gospel choir.

I haven't really been keeping up with all the gossip this year. Obviously a lot of people have been suspicious about Lauren Alaina getting so much airtime throughout the season. Maybe the producers love her. Ryan seems to hate her though (on stage). I don't really know who the plant is.

Can someone tell me if any of the contestants who made it to the Top 13 had previous recording contracts or if they tried to make it in the music business and failed? Are there any plants this season?
    Paul & his band had an album that was on the bubbling under charts just 2 weeks ago, but it suddenly disappeared from ITunes....manipulation by TPTB?

Wednesday, March 23: Top 11 Perform Live (8-10pm ET)
    *Theme: Classic Motown Tunes

Thursday, March 24: 1 Finalist Eliminated (8-9pm ET)
    *Jennifer Hudson Performs
    *Sugarland Performs

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Wednesday, March 23: Top 11 Perform Live (8-10pm ET)
    *Theme: Classic Motown Tunes

Thursday, March 24: 1 Finalist Eliminated (8-9pm ET)
    *Jennifer Hudson Performs
    *Sugarland Performs
    I thought they weren't doing themes this year - that they'd get to choose whatever kind of song they liked every week. So that was either a bad rumor or somebody changed their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I thought they weren't doing themes this year - that they'd get to choose whatever kind of song they liked every week. So that was either a bad rumor or somebody changed their mind.
    I think that "no themes" story came direct from Nigel....evidently he has had an epiphany.

I think that "no themes" story came direct from Nigel....evidently he has had an epiphany.
    As long as we don't get Salsa or Disco night!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    As long as we don't get Salsa or Disco night!!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Polka or Gregorian Chant night.

Yes, that was one of the official changes announced before the season started. I am so glad the producers have changed their mind.

Actually, I'd rather listen to some soothing Gregorian chanting than some of the stuff I've heard in the past couple of weeks. Naima's off-key "singing" still makes me wince.
    Last edited by Babbred; 03-18-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Paul & his band had an album that was on the bubbling under charts just 2 weeks ago, but it suddenly disappeared from ITunes....manipulation by TPTB?

Pia auditioned for Americal Idol a few times before. She made it to Hollywood in Jordin's season, I think. I don't know if she is a plant but Idol has known about her for years.
    Thia made it to the top 40 on America's Got Talent. Filipino news stations promoted Idol long before her audition was shown.
    Paul McDonald might just be really, really savvy but his band's youtube page released a well-produced video of Paul and Kendra Chantelle singing a duet together. It was a promotional thing, I suppose. He also had his official twitter account up and running sooner than anyone else.
    Jacob was in late Singer, Nate Dogg's gospel choir.

I haven't really been keeping up with all the gossip this year. Obviously a lot of people have been suspicious about Lauren Alaina getting so much airtime throughout the season. Maybe the producers love her. Ryan seems to hate her though (on stage). I don't really know who the plant is.

Thanks for the information. I always find it fascinating that TPTB try to tell the audience these contestants are undiscovered raw talent who got their big break by being on this show.

I have been suspicious about Lauren being a plant of some kind for a while.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Thanks for the information. I always find it fascinating that TPTB try to tell the audience these contestants are undiscovered raw talent who got their big break by being on this show.

I have been suspicious about Lauren being a plant of some kind for a while.
    Who's to say there is a plant? In this day and age, I think that would be very hard to keep concealed. When was that season where it seemed like half the contestants had had some sort of recording experience? I remember that being all over the internet.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread