+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Thank you, that was what I meant. Age appropriate as in something Selena, Demi, or any of the Disney kids would sing that is current.
    Yes, "Fame" came out when (cough, cough) I was a whippersnapper. Unless they're doing a Hollywood night, it would sound kind of unusual to hear Thia singing a song from it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Agree on your last sentence, they are choosing contestants not because they are that good but because they needed to cast a certain type (i.e. Country singer). Scotty over John Wayne, sure, but neither is that good. Scotty even flubbed his Hollywood (as is the case wtih Tatynisa who still made it despite the fact) performance and his Las Vegas performance was mediocre at best. Colton, OTOH, was consistent all throughout. Looks like they also want diversity...whites, blacks, asians, latinos, mixed-race, all well represented.
    You bring up an interesting point, do you suppose Scotty mentioning he was a quarter Puerto Rican is what got him in? Because it definitely wasn't talent. Blergh.

I wish they had just ditched their agendas and put Colton through. He was great and he better come back next season and be put through or I'm going to get mad.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

You bring up an interesting point, do you suppose Scotty mentioning he was a quarter Puerto Rican is what got him in? Because it definitely wasn't talent. Blergh.

I wish they had just ditched their agendas and put Colton through. He was great and he better come back next season and be put through or I'm going to get mad.
    Whatever you think of country music, Scotty has talent.

Don't even remember Colton.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I don't think it was that so much as they wanted a male Carrie Underwood. Last I heard she had been moderately successful since her season... Scotty's getting rave reviews on the internet (including here at FORT), so I think the judges may be on to something. I don't think he'll win by any means, but I do think he'll be one of those post-Idol successful losers.

Totally agree about Colton coming back.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I disagree with the part about Scotty, I was certainly tired of hearing, "baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low" but I won't deny that the guy has talent.

I totally agree about Colton though! He really stood out to me in Hollywood week (his Paramore cover was SO good!) and I think he should have made it through, especially after watching last night's show. I hope he doesn't get discouraged because I would also love to see him come back next year and kick butt.

FORT Regular

Re: Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

I agree. My husband and I call the third tier contestants "cannon fodder."

Glad to hear that Pia tore it up! Chrissie Hynde is not easy to sing - and is one of the best female rockers EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I disagree with the part about Scotty, I was certainly tired of hearing, "baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low" but I won't deny that the guy has talent.

I totally agree about Colton though! He really stood out to me in Hollywood week (his Paramore cover was SO good!) and I think he should have made it through, especially after watching last night's show. I hope he doesn't get discouraged because I would also love to see him come back next year and kick butt.
    I actually was surprised that Scotty did so well. I can't stand country (blame my Texan husband who plays the old school country so much that it's become akin to nails on blackboard to me) but I do appreciate good singing. He did alright for himself and I'm ok with him making it into the top 10.

Still wish Colton had made it through over Jovany (and why does Steven keep calling him Geovani?) whom I have never liked.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

At the end of the results show tonight, did anyone hear what JLo said to Naima? Her mic was still on and I heard her say that Marc (her husband) was going to come in and help them hear themselves better and fix the pitchiness problems.
    Did anyone else hear that? I thought I would post about it here just in case the hubby was supposed to be a special guest or something.

Can someone tell me if any of the contestants who made it to the Top 13 had previous recording contracts or if they tried to make it in the music business and failed? Are there any plants this season?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread