+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simon Cowell's other show, The X-Factor

Simon Cowell's other show, The X-Factor

I lived in England for several years, so I've seen this show. I loved it. In fact, I loved it more than American Idol. Here's the set-up:

There's no upper age limit for contestants. They are divided into three bunches--younger, older, and groups. Each bunch of contestants is mentored by a judge. The judges are assigned to a group by the producers, after the auditions are over. This means that the judges have seen the talent and can wish for a group, but they don't have any input into who they get.

12 acts make it through to the live shows, 4 from each group. At the end of each results show, the bottom 2 acts perform once again for the judges. With there being three judges, you can imagine the pressure on the third judge.

The British version was cool, because Sharon Osborne was one of the judges, and she really stood up to Simon. She was a lot better than Paula on AI. It was also cool to see people in their 30's and 40's who thought they had to give up on their dreams get a chance. They were usually very gracious and didn't throw tantrums like the young people in the auditions of AI.

If the American version stays true to the original format, than is anybody else looking forward to this show?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Simon Cowell's other show, The X-Factor

I'm not sure about the open ages but guess it's worth checking out. The clips I've seen showed a Simon that wasn't bored like he is with Idol. I'm not sure if that's because it's his home country or the show. I guess we'll see.

I agree that it sounds much more interesting than the American Idol format. I intend to follow this show as soon as it starts to air. Over the years of watching AI, I went from "hating" Simon and thinking he was overly harsh and even rude --> highly valuing his comments and agreeing with him most of the time.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Simon's new show.
    With the new judge choices, I'm not going to watch AI any more.

I had no idea the X Factor had anything to do with Simon Cowll.

I have been watching the Italian version since it started in 08. Its a great show.

X Factor (Italy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ Reply to Thread