+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Still No Judges for AI

Still No Judges for AI

I saw a segment on Good Morning America today, where they basically said the producers are starting to get desperate. They still have no judges lined up for AI next season except for Randy. GMA talked to Steven Tyler and he said he hadn't been asked. He also implied it would be difficult to get him since he would charge "a whole ****** of money".

In the meantime, contestants are auditioning with producers at the table instead of the iconic judges...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Still No Judges for AI

What a mess. Maybe its time to let this show die....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I expected Nigel, upon returning to AI, to really run with it....get it all organized and set for a new season and a new look. What a disappointment he turned out to be. The judge choices of Steven and Jennifer sucked because both are too self-centered and diva-like. ....to have nobody is just amazing.

FORT Newbie

What happened to Shania Twain? I thought I heard that they were talking with her about being a judge. I loved her as a judge.

I wonder if this means no hours upon hours of auditions being shown?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It's a publicity stunt.

Why would they waste this golden opportunity to create all sorts of buzz? My bet is that they already have the judges in place and are keeping everything secret while letting it leak that they may or may not have judges so people start talking. If they can hold onto the secret all the way till the first show or even the first Hollywood show? They will get all sorts of viewers who are watching just to see the train wreck and out of curiosity.

I seriously doubt the self proclaimed control freak Nigel would allow the show to go this far without having every little duck neatly in a row.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Hadn't thought of it that way Harmony . . . . maybe because I still haven't come to terms that Steven Tyler and J Lo just might be the judges. I'd rather go on thinking they haven't found anyone yet!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

But who really knows if Steven or Jennifer were ever going to be on? They either are or they were also used to create a buzz. The show has to do something to generate interest after losing Simon. So first they announce two potential judges guaranteed to get people talking and then when that died down, they let it leak out that they may or may not have judges for this season.

Brilliant move!

(and I'm really hoping that it is just that, a brilliant strategic move, and not just the death of this show. If they truly don't have any judges? And are that disorganized? Then they are finished).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I bet you're right Harmony, I hadn't even thought of that but now that you mention it, it does make perfect sense.

I was really hoping that they had changed their minds about the judges, I just can't see Steven or Jennifer being that great on the panel.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4056294;

In the meantime, contestants are auditioning with producers at the table instead of the iconic judges...
    the kids have always auditioned in front of producers during the first round. The judges don't normally roll into the cities for the finals until later this month, so this producer /judge thing is nothing new They do have to get going on the real judge issue NOW because there is no good buzz about this.

Nobody is impressed with how it is going and it will only hurt the show further. Where are your brains Nigel?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast