+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Still No Judges for AI

Re: Still No Judges for AI

Everybody is so ready to shovel dirt on this show. I'm not so sure,it's over. They have a great opportunity to completely retool. And since we haven't even seen Steven or JLo yet, I think all the dire predictions are just to premature.

I'll add one more thing. Regardless of what happens, it's going to be a breath of fresh air with Cowell & his bored ego out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4061406;
    I'll add one more thing. Regardless of what happens, it's going to be a breath of fresh air with Cowell & his bored ego out the door.
    And no more "honey" "sweetie" Kara and her condescending cougar ways or Ellen who truly didn't have a clue and never contributed anything of worth to the conversation.

Just wish they had ditched Randy as well.

Stone me now, I like Jennifer and Steven and I'm willing to give them a chance. Hopefully they don't destroy my liking of them lol.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4061149;
    that is unbeleivable about matching up JLO's new release with the announcement of being a judge. The judges are NOT the show. I always thought there was TOO MUCH SIMON when the emphasis should always have been on the kids. With the two new potential diva-judges, the focus will be way too much on them and I agree that may be the end of AI.
    I absolutely agree and to prove that this show has become too much about the judges are the people saying they aren't going to watch because of who they selected as the new judges.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I do think that this show is on it's last legs and it really has nothing to do with the judges and everything to do with the producers. They are emphasizing the judges too much (as everybody has been saying) and casting roles instead of looking for the best singers. If they can remember that this is a singing competition and figure out a way to stop with the nonsense and actually focus on that?

They may save this show.

But they won't and this may very well be it's swan song or rather it should be but we all know that they will leave this thing going till they have no choice to finally pull it when it's way past it's prime.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I didn't mind the addition of Steven Tyler.
    The addition of JLo, however, does not even remotely motivate me to watch the show.
    After Paula's exit, and now Simon's, I think they should just draw the final curtain.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

According to AI's Facebook page, in a message posted today at about 5:15 (eastern time):

The Season 10 judges' panel is confirmed! The announcement will take place Wed. 9/22 at LA auditions

and

Judges Confirmed - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

The American Idol Season 10 judges' panel is confirmed! Host Ryan Seacrest will make the big announcement from the Los Angeles auditions at The Forum on Wednesday, September 22. AmericanIdol.com will be on location and we'll be updating the website with the latest news as it breaks. Stay tuned!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Tryouts???

Since they have not officially announced the new judges, who selected the contestants at tryouts? Nigel? Simon Fuller? Celebrity judges?

Re: Tryouts???

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;4064762;
    Since they have not officially announced the new judges, who selected the contestants at tryouts? Nigel? Simon Fuller? Celebrity judges?

They probably are just doing the judge tryouts later in the year.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Re: Tryouts???

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;4064762;
    Confusion is understandable, because they edit the show to make it look like 10,000 people show up at a stadium, and someone screens them and then sends the good ones (or "interesting" ones) in to the judges. But that's not how it works.
    1. The 10,000 people show up in the summer and are screened by 19E production assistants (about 10 at a time). Each person sings a few bars of their song, and may be asked a question or two about their background. Usually less than 200 are forwarded into the next round.
    2. Weeks later the actual 19E and Freemantle production / talent staff come back to town to hear and interview the selected people. They do not make a decision on the spot. Afterwards they conference among themselves and select about 25 that they want to put before the judges. They call the auditioners back, and offer congratulations or condolences, and tell the chosen ones when and where the judges taping will take place in a few weeks.
    3. Finally, the judges roll into town with a TV crew and the audition episode for that city is taped.

So, the judges aren't needed until the tapings in the fall. Previously, the taping had to be worked around holes in Simon's UK X-Factor schedule. But that barrier is gone, so the schedule this year has more latitude.

(David Archuleta's book gives an interesting behind the scenes look at the contestant selection process and schedule.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast