+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Still No Judges for AI

Re: Still No Judges for AI

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4059348;
    I think Neil Patrick and Shania would be great additions. Each showed their value while doing the auditions. I also lke that Shania has the country background and Neil Patrick has done some big stage numbers while EMCEEing award shows....sort of Broadway-like. The fact the Simon knew nothing about either genre was always annoying to me. He would just dismiss any song from either category becasue all he looked for was the POP money star. These two would give AI somethng different.
    Agreed. As much as I can't stand Shania musically, she did a great job being a judge. I would love to see her and NPH as new judges.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Looks like my AI viewing days are over.

Source: Jennifer Lopez's 'Idol' deal is set - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com

It's happening, after all.

Jennifer Lopez's deal is set to become a judge on "American Idol," an insider confirms to UsMagazine.com.

Final contracts are currently being signed by Lopez — plus Randy Jackson and fellow newcomer Steven Tyler, with an official announcement expected in early October, before auditions begin for the new season.

After a long negotiation process, "it ended up working out and they have a good agreement," the source tells Us.

The star's rep had no comment.

The insider adds that Lopez, 41, was selected as replacement for recently departed judge Kara DioGuardi — not Ellen DeGeneres, who quit the show on her own accord.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I've been thinking about the conspiracy theory. You know, that the judges are picked, but the producers are just not announcing it? I can't bring myself to believe it, mainly for one reason: how does having everyone think your show is falling to pieces do it any good? I mean, if you had judges picked, wouldn't you want to announce it so that everybody would start buzzing? Or are they afraid that people would start buzzing in a bad way? If so, then what does that say about their picks?

A few seasons ago, didn't they have some guy named Clive as a guest judge on a live show? Something about how he worked in the music industry, so he knew what to look for. I remember thinking at the time that he was good. For instance, there was this African-American girl who sang this serious song, yet he told her that she smiled too much and so it ruined the effect. That was way better than what the other judges had to offer.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

The guy named Clive has been in the industry for years & in fact signed Janis Joplin among many many others. Google him some time.

I can handle Randy and even J Lo but Steven Tyler may be the breaking point for me. I don't see what he brings to the table or even why they'd want him.

Sadly, Janis Joplin was before my time. I just remember hearing my parents say that she screeched like an alley cat, died of a drug overdose, and unfortunately, came from our home home state. Since I've never heard her music, I can't judge whether she's any good or not. I must say, though, that if Mr. Clive has been around for that long, than maybe he's not a good choice, after all. AI skews towards the teeny bopper vote now, and so heaven knows what they'd make of him.

I am going to go out on a limb and make some predictions. If I'm wrong, then I will own up and apologize.

1. Neither J Lo or Tyler become judges
    2. Even if they pick decent judges (i.e. Shania), the show will have a sloppy feel
    3. It will continue to suffer in ratings
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I was listening to the radio late yesterday morning and one of the DJs said the reason they're holding off on the 'official' announcement of Jennifer Lopez as a judge is b/c they're timing it to coincide with the release of her newest single in a couple of weeks....

I think the ratings for this season are going to tank and by the finale in May, they'll be singing themselves their own 'farewell' song with lots of clips of great contestants/seasons gone by.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

that is unbeleivable about matching up JLO's new release with the announcement of being a judge. The judges are NOT the show. I always thought there was TOO MUCH SIMON when the emphasis should always have been on the kids. With the two new potential diva-judges, the focus will be way too much on them and I agree that may be the end of AI.

FORT Fanatic

This show is over. The golden goose that was laying beautiful golden eggs has been slaughtered for its feathers. This all happened when they wouldnt negotiate with Paula Abdul.
    Yes, she is a freak. But what a glorious freak to watch. Paula and Simon were show business gold. It comes around so seldom and is often killed by greed or ego. This time I think it was both. All on the part of the owners of this show. Oh well, it was fun in its prime and will make a great decade in review tv show one day.
    I cant wait to find out all the hidden backstories to this mega hit.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4061253;
    This show is over. The golden goose that was laying beautiful golden eggs has been slaughtered for its feathers. This all happened when they wouldnt negotiate with Paula Abdul.
    Yes, she is a freak. But what a glorious freak to watch. Paula and Simon were show business gold. It comes around so seldom and is often killed by greed or ego. This time I think it was both. All on the part of the owners of this show. Oh well, it was fun in its prime and will make a great decade in review tv show one day.
    I cant wait to find out all the hidden backstories to this mega hit.
    Terrific assessment
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast