+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Justin Guarini Signs Record Deal...

Justin Guarini Signs Record Deal...

RCA Records Signs 'American Idol' Runner-Up Guarini
    Wed Oct 9, 3:05 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Justin Guarini may be known all over the world as "Mr. Runner Up" from hit TV show "American Idol," but RCA Records is betting the floppy-haired singer will be a winner on the record sales charts.

RCA, a unit of Bertelsmann AG, on Wednesday said it will release the solo recordings of Guarini, 23, following the label's success with the release of a single by the show's champion, Kelly Clarkson.

The bubbly 20-year-old's rendition of "A Moment Like This," the song Clarkson performed on the final episode of the show, has topped the charts in recent weeks.

RCA said Guarini was signed to 19 Recordings Ltd, the label of British entrepreneur, star-maker and "American Idol" producer Simon Fuller, who will license Guarini's solo effort to RCA in America.

"We look forward to working with Justin to nurture his talent and help him build a recording career at RCA," said Bob Jamieson, Chairman, RCA Music Group.

Guarini, who along Clarkson and eight other "American Idol" finalists, embarked this week on a 27-city U.S. arena tour.

Fuller's 19 Recordings is part of his 19 Group of Cos, founded in 1985. Fuller is credited with creating and managing the Spice Girls (news - web sites), who sold over 38 million albums.

In 1998, Fuller's 19 Group launched S Club 7, which sold 10 million CDs worldwide. He has also created several television series, including Britain's "Pop Idol," which was the inspiration for "American Idol."

cool
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Good for him!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Aw man.......and I was just going to post this:

NBC Studios

"It was announced today that Justin Guarini has signed a record deal.

For $.99, Justin will receive, 10 free records"
    Tina Fey
    Weekend Update
    SNL NEWS

On-Air with Ryan Seacrest (Jan. 27, 2004):

Justin confirmed that Benny Medina is his new manager. In an interview on Ryan's show, Justin confirmed that he first heard that he was dropped by RCA by reading an article in US Weekly magazine and it was confirmed in a skit on SNL. He said he never received a fax, a phone call or an e-mail from RCA. Justin said that it was tough at first but that out of something bad, good things happen. He said that his new manager is Benny Medina, who gave J-Lo and Will Smith their start and is working with Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin and Brandy. Justin said that Don Buckwald is his new agent. "I'm back!", said Justin.

Justin said that right now is pilot season and that he is agressively going after a network show. He also mentioned that he is taking the next six to eight months to work on his new album and it will be something that will come authentically from his heart, unlike the RCA album which was rushed. He went on to say that he is thankful and blessed and that he has GREAT fans that he loves. He said that he has had a great learning experience and that he now has a great team of people with him.

If you look at my avatar....that is me right behind Justin.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Well, good for him to try TV. I think the general opinion at one point was that he would be great in TV, but might have a hard time with solo singing career.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Well, good for him to try TV. I think the general opinion at one point was that he would be great in TV, but might have a hard time with solo singing career.
    I think that he will do very well in a solo singing career now that he has people who are actually interested in him managing his career.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Update on Justin

He has a new website, new representation and new CD that is available on the site

http://www.justiceentertainment.com/
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    I'm happy for this little cutie pie. He and Bo Bice are my favorite AI contestants ever, and I'm glad to see Justin's out there swingin' again, after dropping from the picture so suddenly. I wish him all the best success.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm also tickled to see something new from Justin. I enjoyed his performances on AI-1 and thought that he was a great entertainer. Best of luck to him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast