+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Justin Guarini Signs Record Deal...

Just to let you all know. I did order the cd and will let you know what I think of the complete tracks when I get my copy.

The clips impressed me a lot though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Joelle's CD Review

First of all...wow to Justin's managment for getting the cd to me so speedily. I ordered in on Wednesday and I got it today. That is excellent turnaround time and makes me hopeful that Justin is in good hands now.

Now to the cd review...well actually a little story before it. For those of you that don't know, as I wasn't a member of FORT during season 1, I started watching AI on Big Band Night and my words to my Mum were: " If that curly haired boy makes it to finals I am going to go and watch him." Not only did I go and watch him at the final two shows, I met him after the final show. I also drove all the way down to Vegas for the special and all the way back right after to start my teaching credentails program the next day. I also went to a few other Justin events and after having him treat me so nicely every time we met, even though I still can't tell him my name, I have been wanting nothing but good things for him -- especially since the first cd and the lack of support that he seemed to recieve from his managment at the time.

This CD is the something good that happened to him and as a fan that has been around since the beginning hearing true Justin is just spectacular. The CD is ten tracks and 31 minutes in length, but quality is always better than quantity and there is not one bad track on this cd.

There is one original song on this cd, the title track --- Stranger Things Have Happened to me, which was written by the spectacular pianist on the cd Greg Gordon Smith. The words speak for themselves and it so appropriate that Justin has this as the title track.

He does a lot of scatting and the arrangements are spectacular. The other musicans Greg, Katisse, Ian and Jamey are unbelievelably talented.

I do have a favourite track --- My Funny Valentine.

If you love jazz in any form you will love this cd and if you liked Justin's vocals and talent this cd will not dissapoint.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    Oh yeeaaah! Justin is back with a vengeance. I definitely wanted Justin to win over Kelly Clarkson. I was sad that he dissapeared from the face of the earth, but I'm glad he's back.

Justin Guarini releases sophomore album

I knew Justin had been working on his sophomore CD for a while, and I just found out it's been released. I'm not sure it's OK to post the link to the review "Justin's Back - and Better!" by DJ KennDawg (2006/02/04) but you can find it at Sir LinksALot. (Click the link at the top of this page.)

Seems Justin feels he has more artistic control now that he's out from under the 19E thumb, and he's going in a more jazz/standards direction.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

I got a signed copy of the cd today. Many thanks to Justin's friend Craig for making that happen.

If you would like his cd. Just go here:

http://www.justinguarini.com/

As that is where you can order it.
    -Bono

Justin announced today that he is currently in the middle of completing his third cd.

Per Justin:
    This album is going to be mainstream, R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz, and a sprinkle of Hip-Hop all rolled into one.
    -Bono

I wasn't sad when Kelly won over Justin. She was just better than him at that time.

It's good to see he's still out there making his dreams come true. But I don't know if I'm willing to buy his CD unless I start hearing some of his tunes on the radio first.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Some of the songs from the second cd have been played on select jazz stations.

You can hear most of the cd on the link that posted though.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Over on Independent Movie Data Base website ... Justin Guarini has a decent role in an upcoming movie.

I feel bad for him. He's a good guy, and Kelly is a tough act to follow. I hope he is able to make a career for himself in entertainment somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2206429;
    Over on Independent Movie Data Base website ... Justin Guarini has a decent role in an upcoming movie.

I feel bad for him. He's a good guy, and Kelly is a tough act to follow. I hope he is able to make a career for himself in entertainment somehow.
    I am not worried for Justin. He looks happier performing jazz and with the band that is featured on his cd than he has been for ages. He sounds much happier on his blog as well. He is currently working on his third cd
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast