+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Season Ten - News, Rumor, Speculation

Re: Season Ten - News, Rumor, Speculation

Harmony2000, these kids & their parents are well aware of what they are getting themselves into. They are selling out for a chance at the big kahuna of a career. If they are truly talented, they'll survive & thrive. If they aren't then they should get treated just like everybody else.

Having said that, I wish they had changed the minimum age to 18.

The likes of NKOTB are cute for about 5 milliseconds at a certain age but the kids who like them soon graduate from the bubblegum crap - Bieber, Swift, Cyrus an their ridiculous ilk - to the real stuff. The Jonas Brothers used to be big for about 10 minutes or so a couple of years ago. So was High School Musical, the imaginary Hannah Montana, Hanson, N'Sync and countless others who are absolutely nowhere today. They're basically consumables for 12 year olds for a period of about a year or less because that's how long these acts are cool to a tween or a teen after which they're yesterday's news. My tween daughter used to love Hannah Montana but would not be caught dead listening to either Miley, Swift or Bieber today. She calls their stuff stupid with "ewww" being the predominant reaction to them.

So, for Idol to be looking for these kind of ephemeral, juvenile pop products - none of whom can actually sing - is ridiculous. However, I do enjoy ridiculous so I'm going to have a fine time watching Idol as it gasps desperately for its last pathetic breath. Luckily, earplugs are cheap.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

"Auditions are about to start in your city" commercial during SYTYCD.

Without any idea of who will be sitting in the judges chairs, that's very interesting.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The judges aren't there for the initial auditions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3946287;
    16. Maybe if this is the last season, they are trying to expand the talent pool and allow more singers to participate. I really don't think this changes much. Maybe younger people will start watching again. It would give the show a ratings boost if that happened.
    THanks, RealityLovesMe
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3943689;
    Season Ten is now under construction - use this thread to talk about the changes ahead (but no contestant spoilers, please.)

Oh lookie! TopCat is a writer now, that is an excellent decision for season 10! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am looking forward to your recaps/analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC
    Last year they were chasing after their own Taylor Swift. This year they want their own Justin Beiber.
    Ugh. Haven't the tweens found a new idol to go crazy over? Their attention spans usually don't last that long, he should be old news and in Celebrity Rehab by now. Make.Him.Go.Away.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Instead of Coke being a sponsor it will now be Pampers.
    Or maybe Huggies? That jean diaper commercial is kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC
    And what happens to these kids after Idol? David Archuleta never finished high school. Neither did Allison. You can bet that Katie and Aaron won't either.
    Oh, that is disappointing to hear. This idea of lowering the age limit seems like a bad idea for many, many reasons. I would think that raising it to 30 is better. After all if they hadn't raised it way back when, we may have never gotten to hear the talent of Bo Bice.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3944776;
    And what happens to these kids after Idol? David Archuleta never finished high school. Neither did Allison. You can bet that Katie and Aaron won't either.
    Katie just graduated before leaving to start the tour.

Me and my best friend @KimberlyFerrara at graduation!! | TweetPhoto

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3953315;
    Katie just graduated before leaving to start the tour.
    Congrats to Katie! I happily stand corrected.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3949850;
    The judges aren't there for the initial auditions anyway.
    I think these auditions will put a lot of pressure on the powers that be. There will be rampant speculation and I don't think the AI crew is disciplined enough to keep this a secret. I've already heard reports that Bret Michaels is overstating AI's interest in him. The same happened with Howard Stern a few months back. We know Elton John will not be a judge. Leaky leaky!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123