View Poll Results: Who should be the next Idol judge?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bret Michaels

39 59.09%
  • Elton John

1 1.52%
  • Cher

3 4.55%
  • Justin Bieber - He's a musical genius

0 0%
  • Bring back Paula

3 4.55%
  • Ryan - Let Ryan judge and Ellen host the show

0 0%
  • No one, cancel this thing already

13 19.70%
  • A N Other

7 10.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Who Should Replace Simon?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who Should Replace Simon?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4013992;
    The latest rumor is that the plan may be to replace ALL of the judges.

I'm skeptical, not because I don't think its needed (it IS), but because I don't see how they could afford it. The ex-judges still under contract would still have to be paid anyway, as well as the new ones....
    Now that Ellen is out, the only judge under contract is Randy. (Kara doesn't have a muti-year contract, and no agreement for Season 10 has been announced.) So, with only one former judge to buy out, maybe we can dream about a fresh set of faces at the table.

I'm seeing Jennifer Lopez being mentioned as the next judge.

From our local news Facebook page.....

"FOX News Rising Idol Shakeup: Ellen quits. Kara gets fired. JLo & Steven Tyler sign on. Randy is sticking around. Summary: Judges table will be Jenny from the block, Aerosmith's front man, and "the Dawg." Breathe people. We know it's big. Post comments.. it will be therapeutic."

Quote Originally Posted by summerrain43;4014226;
    From our local news Facebook page.....

"FOX News Rising Idol Shakeup: Ellen quits. Kara gets fired. JLo & Steven Tyler sign on. Randy is sticking around. Summary: Judges table will be Jenny from the block, Aerosmith's front man, and "the Dawg." Breathe people. We know it's big. Post comments.. it will be therapeutic."
    Please be true! Please be true! No condescending little twit with her "honeys" and "sweeties", maybe Randy will become more bearable without his ridiculous need to constantly out alpha male Simon (same problem Ryan had last season) and being egged on by the two female idiots sitting next to him.

Yeah...that's a dream...he will still be an idiot but I'll be so entertained watching Jennifer and Steven (two people I really like!) that it will be easy to ignore him (that's why they created mute/fast forward buttons).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I think Whitney Houston would make a great AI judge

Let's face it: She can't sing anymore... but she is a legend! She has the right combination of "sass" (to make up for Simon's loss) and actual expertise, experience, and knowledge of what it takes.

I vote for Shania!

Source: Shania Twain in talks to judge 'American Idol' - CNN.com
    Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- "American Idol" producers are pursuing country star Shania Twain as a possible judge for the TV competition, according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

The talks with Twain began after she got favorable reviews for her appearance as a mentor on "American Idol" in April, the source said.

"Shania loves the show," the source said. "Like everyone else, she's dying to see who the next 'American Idol' judge will be."

Twain's role as a judge would need to be defined in a way that would make sense creatively for an artist of her stature, the source said.

The source is not named because he is not authorized to comment on the situation.

Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres have left the show, prompting a search for two new celeb judges.

At least with Shania they would have someone with an inkling of Country music.

FORT Fogey

I remember that lots of us were impressed with her during the auditions last year. I would far prefer her over Jennifer. But more importantly, AI needs to have someone who knows something about country music. That area has been the poor cousin of AI

FORT Fogey

I really, really think Tyler wiould be a terrible choice. He played in Boston this weekend and the over-the-top personality would grate if he was a judge. I know that Simon was self-important and too many fans encouraged the perception that he was indeed the show, but really the show is the talent, not the judges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678