View Poll Results: Who should be the next Idol judge?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bret Michaels

39 59.09%
  • Elton John

1 1.52%
  • Cher

3 4.55%
  • Justin Bieber - He's a musical genius

0 0%
  • Bring back Paula

3 4.55%
  • Ryan - Let Ryan judge and Ellen host the show

0 0%
  • No one, cancel this thing already

13 19.70%
  • A N Other

7 10.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Replace Simon?

Re: Who Should Replace Simon?

I had heard that Fox really wanted Jamie Foxx to be the new judge, and I remember really being surprised at how effective he was as a mentor.. I could see him really doing well as a judge, but since the show requires such a time committment, I wonder if he could swing it with his current career?

I really think Bret Michaels would be a terrific judge if he could reel himself in! He has a tendency to ramble a bit, but I think his rock background would put a unique spin on the show. I for one would LOVE to see him take the seat!

Sorry, but I don't remember Jamie Foxx being effective as a mentor when he was on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Perez Hilton is campaigning hard for the spot. All I know is if they choose him, I'll never watch again. He annoys the feces right out of me...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Jamie Foxx is too full of himself. He was fine as a mentor though. He hasn't done enough with music to make me care about his opinion.
    I am worried that they will pick Bret to fill Simon's position. He has no knowledge of current music! Have you heard his new stuff? It sounds like a watered down version of his old stuff!
    I hope we hear more names soon!

I heard Clay Aiken mentioned today. Please don't even think about that 19E.

This would be enough to make me quit watching Idol if it happened.

Scoop: 'Idol' may have Jessica Simpson judge - Entertainment - The Scoop - TODAYshow.com

Auditions for the next season of “American Idol” began this week in New Orleans as the short list of possible judges to fill Simon Cowell’s empty seat kept growing. The latest name being considered: Jessica Simpson.

“Jessica has been approached about ‘American Idol’ but nothing has been confirmed yet on either end,” a source close to Simpson told TODAYshow.com.

If Simpson does get the “Idol” green light, don’t expect her to be the permanent replacement for Cowell. “She’s not his replacement — they’re two entirely different personalities,” according to a source who’s quoted in the new issue of Life & Style magazine. “This is part of a massive overhaul of the show. There may be more judges, more opinions.”

Chris Isaak , Harry Connick Jr. and Justin Timberlake are also said to be in talks with the show. Reps for “American Idol” wouldn’t comment about any new potential judges, but they did confirm there’s no new judge in place.

“The only person who’s been to auditions in New Orleans is Ryan Seacrest,” a rep for the show told TODAYshow.com. “That’s normal, though — this is just the round where the group gets culled, then there’s a producer round and then in late August the judges see potential ‘Idols.’ Hopefully there will be a new judge in place by then.”

This is getting bad, Jessica Simpson! Sounds like their trying to replace Paula. Harry Connick Jr. or Chris Isaak are okay, Justin Timberlake, doesn't he have something better to do? Changing the judges is not going to fix the problem, if people keep picking boring singers as the winner. You would think that of all the thousands of people who audition they could find 24 people who can really sing!

I read that Nigel Lythgoe is due to return next season.
    He is on record as saying that 4 judges is too many.
    And, supposedly, he's not all that pleased with how the judges stack up.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Who should replace Simon? I got one. Mel Gibson!
    :-)

The latest rumor is that the plan may be to replace ALL of the judges.

I'm skeptical, not because I don't think its needed (it IS), but because I don't see how they could afford it. The ex-judges still under contract would still have to be paid anyway, as well as the new ones.

Kara never worked on the show. Randy has gotten to be a bigger idiot each season. And Ellen is an unwelcomed distraction. So it would be great to replace all of them. But its kind of "game time" now. The auditions are already happening, and they can only fake out people for a little bit longer (the early audition stages don't have the judges around anyway--but they have to be getting past that stage soon). They're out of time!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast