Poll: Who should be the next Idol judge?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Replace Simon?

Re: Who Should Replace Simon?

John Lydon, he could be just as nasty ;-)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3918957;
    I think really the only thing that will work is tanking either the show or the entire judging panel. I don't see Kara and Randy easily accepting anybody who might dim their "star"s. It will be a power struggle to the detriment of the contestants, Kara will do her sour pissy face while harping about "I just don't know you as an artist" while Randy will whine that he's the head judge....blah DOG! blah.

Yeah, recipe for disaster which is why tanking the whole lot of them would be the best thing.

Do you guys honestly think Kara and Randy will be ok with a stars as big / popular / knowledgeable as Harry C JR or Bret M coming on the show? Or even Barry M?
    Totally agree. Especially Kara. She reminds me of Carrie Ann on Dancing With The Stars -- forever and a day talking about the illegal lifts. Ugh. They harp on that one thing with every contestant. Say something new and creative.

I really think I'm done with this show, and I think it really hit me when Siobhan was voted off. Just sucked the air right out of the room when that happened and the next week wasn't as interesting. It was pretty lackluster to begin with, even thought I voted for Crystal. For me, the 2 most exciting seasons were the ones with David Cook and Adam Lambert. Nothing else compares. I won't be watching next year.

FORT Fogey

I think really the only thing that will work is tanking either the show or the entire judging panel. I don't see Kara and Randy easily accepting anybody who might dim their "star"s. It will be a power struggle to the detriment of the contestants, Kara will do her sour pissy face while harping about "I just don't know you as an artist" while Randy will whine that he's the head judge....blah DOG! blah.

Yeah, recipe for disaster which is why tanking the whole lot of them would be the best thing.

Do you guys honestly think Kara and Randy will be ok with a stars as big / popular / knowledgeable as Harry C JR or Bret M coming on the show? Or even Barry M?
    I don't see Randy having a problem with it. He seems okay just going with the flow - giving the spotlight to Simon or Paula or Ellen, or whomever. At least he's consistent and doesn't feel the need to run his mouth incessantly. And what the other judges say, honestly, is no more helpful or relevant that his innane comments. Kara, on the other hand, seems to have an inflated sense of her own opinions, and she didn't even seem to accepting of Ellen, in my opinion. It may be that she's behaving in a way that producers have promoted, but it hasn't worked. If the judges aren't going to advise on vocals, song choice, etc., they might as well not try to act like they know what they're talking about in terms of "I don't know what type of artist you are." I'm less concerned about "what type" than whether or not they can actually sing! The judging formula in Hollywood did not work this year, period! Don't know if it was Ellen or Kara, or if Simon wanted to sabotage the show or just a good chuckle on his way out , but someone really screwed up and shoudl be leaving on account of it! Basically, the current judging system does not help the contestants in any way. If it is not intended to, and is in place only to serve as a way to subconsciously sway voters or to give a personal opinion (liked, didn't like), then keep it simple, short, and keep it at 3 judges only.

And by the way, I think Kara's songwriting is crap! I like Carrie Underwood, but that song she sang the other night was just bad. I'm beginning to see that this is what AI is looking for, and I'm not on board.
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 05-31-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3918202;
    Harry Connick Jr won my heart when he was the mentor a few weeks ago. I don't know if he even has any interest, but I think he'd be great.

I also thought Neil Patrick Harris would do a great job.
    I agree about the those guys, but like Kristen Chenowith the most for Simon's spot. She is a riot and has a lot of musical chops.

Time to get rid of Kara and go back to 3 judges.....

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3918467;
    Not surprising since he won Celebrity Apprentice. That jumps him up in the respectability ratings over his previous reality shows. I didn't know that he had done Nashville Star....so that experience would boost him.
    OMG - someone in Simon's spot who likes country music? Sacrilegious!

Team Bret all the way...

I thought he was great on Celebrity Apprentice. I can't see that he would be nasty ever (he would not be the same type of judge as Simon, not as brutally honest...he is very sweet...but I think he would be extremely entertaining and he's been in the music biz forever.

I do think he would be a fair judge.
    Ain't Love Grand!

If the scenario is "guest judge of the week?" Sure. That presents Kara and Randy as hosts for these visiting superstars, and that would appeal to their egos. Randy namedrops like crazy, remember? He LOVES hanging with big name celebs.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3920554;
    Team Bret all the way...

I thought he was great on Celebrity Apprentice. I can't see that he would be nasty ever (he would not be the same type of judge as Simon, not as brutally honest...he is very sweet...but I think he would be extremely entertaining and he's been in the music biz forever.

I agree Bret would be a great choice. I don't watch this show but if Bret became a judge - I would start!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3918061;
    Let's take it a step farther...

Bret as judge.
    Go back to 3 judges... get rid of Kara and Ellen
    Bring Paula back.
    Yes, I completely agree. I would also like to get rid of Randy though too
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3920554;
    Team Bret all the way...

I agree! And I think Idol would attract even more viewers with Bret as a judge. I also think it would do Kara and Randy GOOd to "share the spotlight", as a judge so to speak with a musician like Bret Michaels.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast