Poll: Who should be the next Idol judge?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Replace Simon?

Re: Who Should Replace Simon?

Brett seems more like an emotional choice, however since you can't really replace Simon he would be an interesting choice. And no way cancel this show yet, it is not on a high note, not with the past 2 winners, wait till the voters actually pick a great singer.

FORT Fogey

I think that if they were going to shut it down, they should've done so last year, after a blockbuster season. I think Simon was already checked out this year, which is one of the many reasons why the season didn't go so well. I also think that, while Ellen was very funny on occasion, she would serve better as a guest judge, as she didn't add much as a regular judge. I still like Randy, just as he is and always has been.

I honestly can't even tell you what group Brett Michaels was from that brought him to fame - it obviously wasn't one that suited my tastes back in that day - but I think his sitting in a judge's chair might bring in more male viewers. I like the idea mentioned in another thread of Donny Osmond.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3918079;
    Bret Michaels. I'd also love to see Paula come back.
    The problem is that Bret Michaels IS "the Paula" if they bring him on board. He's not really a guy to give a pointed criticism.

Really, even without Paula in addition to Bret, it already would mean Kara or Randy would have to start being mean, and they are already annoying enough.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Harry Connick Jr won my heart when he was the mentor a few weeks ago. I don't know if he even has any interest, but I think he'd be great.

I also thought Neil Patrick Harris would do a great job.

Neil Patrick Harris...good one. Let's lose both Kara and Ellen and replace them with Bret and NPH. I think NPH could be the "meanie".
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3918121;
    LOL so are you the other one who voted to cancel (back where there were only 2 votes to cancel)?
    No, it was me. I cast the first vote. I'd rather AI stop now than see it drag itself out s-l-o-w-l-y over the next two or three years -- limping and getting more and more feeble.

I love seeing the truly talented young people, which is why I don't start watching until the bad auditions are over. To have the performer I thought was the clearly superior singer and entertainer come in second TWO YEARS IN A ROW is more than I can stand.

IMO how in the world could Adam and Crystal not have won their seasons? It boggles the mind!

Getting off what I THINK they should do (as I said, kill it) and what they WILL do?

I heard they were tossing around the idea of those rotating guest judges from the preliminaries continuing into the rest of the show. And I think that's where they'll go. They are going to hope that if you stuff enough big names into a guest slot, that curiosity will help drive return viewership each week. To use a recent similar example, they want to try "The Marriage Ref" formula, where a star you've never seen in a talking position before draws people in based on their name (Ref's formula appears to be to mix two comedians with a superstar who otherwise wouldn't be on TV). So Idol will drag out any music A-listers they can get to the same effect.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-29-2010 at 09:39 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

At this point I would love to see Bret AND Harry Connick as judges. Harry was very funny and sarcastic....which would play into editing very well. His edited comments would come across very Simon-like.

Sorry, Ellen I love ya, but you must be sacrificed at this point. I like Kara, she does know her stuff--she just has to rein in some of her comments. Make them shorter. Or develop an addiction problem....then your rambling might fit in. lol

4 judges isn't such a bad thing, but the guest judge rotation may be the only way to draw in viewers. If they go that route then my list could get longer. Gene Simmons, Elton John, Madonna, Shania Twain, Mark McGrath, Jon Bon Jovi, Justin Timberlake, Eminem, 50 cent. Quentin Tarantino did well too, he wasn't all that nice, but did have some critiques to offer.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I am hearing Bret rumblings more and more
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3918453;
    I am hearing Bret rumblings more and more
    Not surprising since he won Celebrity Apprentice. That jumps him up in the respectability ratings over his previous reality shows. I didn't know that he had done Nashville Star....so that experience would boost him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast