+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

I read it too, and that gal is a rock! (and I mean that in a good way,) I was almost blubbering for her when I read it, so I don't know how she held herself together - I guess the "fire in the belly" statement explains it.

On another note, this outcome pretty well debunks any theories about going second getting someone the win!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3916467;
    I tried to click on Unk's posting about the break up with Crystal and her boyfriend.
    I replaced the link with the actual video from her interview with Ryan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3916438;
    Here's the problem with that idea. The obligations of the runner up (in fact, I believe any of the top 12 the producers feel obligated to "hold on to") are the same as the winner. She's going to get promoted almost exactly the same way (only a bit later, a bit after Lee's had his album released, I'd think). Her contract will be with the same record company it would have been otherwise. The length of it will be no different. The number of lame Idol related appearances mandated only marginally less. Its pretty much the same deal, and the only difference may be to the public (and maybe not even to them anymore)...
    True, and might I add that pretty much the only diff between being #1 and #2 (aside from a few less interviews) is that you are paid less money for doing exactly the same thing. Every semi-finalist signs the same contract that specifies what they get if they finish 1, 2, Top 5, Top 10, Top 12, or none of the above. (You can find an article on the contract here in the AI Media thread, as reported in the NY Times.)

19E holds all the options and can promote (or not) whoever they want as they please. If they want to kind of ignore Blake Lewis, they can do that. They can heavily promote the runner-up in a different market like they did with Archuleta, or they can even treat the runner-up as almost a co-winner like the did with Adam. They hold all the cards, and if they see an opportunity to make money, you can bet that they'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3915598;
    Dim the lights, here we go.
    The winner is: Lee. Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    BOOOOOOO! HISSSSS!!! Unbelievable. Oh wait, yes it is believable, it is the IDOL machine.... I turned off the TV as soon as it was announced and I will NOT watch Idol again.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3915921;
    Wow, i am seeing people ranking Rueben , Fantasia and Taylor the worse 3 then Lee dead last.

Rueben: it was season 2, perhaps many were were quite young then, but he was great, smooth, the best R&B guy they had. ONly clay could have beaten him but rueben had the edge with the personality. It had to be him, no clay , Kim or Joshua Gracin(who was the real favorite then)

Fantasia: Now that gal shocked us during her audition and never let go. if she hadn't really won that season it would have been a tragedy. I couldn't see Diana or Latoya win. Yes she was annoying with her kid and all and the all MAJOR fantasia pimping from 19

Taylor: Something already said it here, when Chris left, there was noone but taylor. Maybe the guy that was 3rd (forgot his name). Soul patrol was quite huge back then. People are not really giving him the credit he deserves on top of that the materials 19 gave him really wasn't suited for him.

Lee: I don't know. I hope he stop looking like a dear caught in the headlights. He has possibilities. I am just concerned that he is too much like Kris

I have to disagree with you on that. Ruben had the personality of a stuffed teddy bear with the deer-caught-in-headlights look. Clay's personality, as strange as he is, was heads and shoulders above anyone else from season 2. Also, Josh might have been a crowd favorite since he was a Marine and the Iraqi war was launched during the season 2 taping, but he was never a judge/producer favorite. As I remember, they (Simon) ridiculed him (and Clay) often. Never was Ruben the target of any negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3916352;
    Obviously something wasn't setting right with her. Did you notice how most of the songs she sang she said the reason was close to her, meant something special and those comments were made mainly on songs about love and relationships? Her conversation with Ryan was more of a seeking advice rather than storming off and it got blown out of proportion. I'm sure the situation with Tony her boyfriend had been brewing for weeks. If you haven't heard about here's the link. He returned to Ohio on the morning of her final performance. That girl has been to hell and back the past few weeks. My hat's off to her big time!

YouTube - Crystal Bowersox & Boyfriend Split Before 'Idol' Perfomance Show
    Thanks for the link to the interview. I had heard something about that today, but it was better to hear it straight up.

It sounds as if this and the hard choices were something they discussed a lot. He didn't want the lifestyle -- she did. She must have thought she could change him or he thought he could change her and we all know how that line of thinking works out.

My opinion is that this wasn't really "hellish" for her. She just made a life decision and stood her ground. She said it had to be her dream, her way ... and he chose the highway back to Ohio. She does have the upper hand here, and I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Tony-flag-pants.

I think she may even have asked him to leave before the performance so that he wouldn't distract her.

I don't know who her son's birth father is, but it does seem that she has suffered losses before and moved on quite well. She actually seems more cold than crushed ... if you get my drift. It's that disconnected thing they kept commenting on.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3915921;
    Wow, i am seeing people ranking Rueben , Fantasia and Taylor the worse 3 then Lee dead last.

Rueben: it was season 2, perhaps many were were quite young then, but he was great, smooth, the best R&B guy they had. ONly clay could have beaten him but rueben had the edge with the personality. It had to be him, no clay , Kim or Joshua Gracin(who was the real favorite then)

Fantasia: Now that gal shocked us during her audition and never let go. if she hadn't really won that season it would have been a tragedy. I couldn't see Diana or Latoya win. Yes she was annoying with her kid and all and the all MAJOR fantasia pimping from 19

Taylor: Something already said it here, when Chris left, there was noone but taylor. Maybe the guy that was 3rd (forgot his name). Soul patrol was quite huge back then. People are not really giving him the credit he deserves on top of that the materials 19 gave him really wasn't suited for him.

Lee: I don't know. I hope he stop looking like a dear caught in the headlights. He has possibilities. I am just concerned that he is too much like Kris
    I never got the "smooth" with Ruben, his voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me. And he no personality whatsoever. And he was seriously pimped relentlessly by the judges. Fantasia I loved during the season, but don't enjoy listening to her now. Taylor I loved. Lee I also love.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3917248;
    I never got the "smooth" with Ruben, his voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me. And he no personality whatsoever. And he was seriously pimped relentlessly by the judges. Fantasia I loved during the season, but don't enjoy listening to her now. Taylor I loved. Lee I also love.
    When I think of "nails on a chalkboard" I think of a screeching, high-pitched sound. Ruben was called the "Velvet Teddy Bear" because of his smooth, low, gentle tones. It's one of things I love about his singing. And, personality is in the eye of the beholder. I thought his quiet demeanor was adorable.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I was just remembering last night that on finale night, when all the S9 guys were singing, I really noticed Tim. Ok, I always thought he was a cutie, but on finale night, he looked really, really hot!! Not sure if he's been pumping a lot of iron, got a new haircut or, just in comparison to guys like Andrew and some others, he really stood out. But, he sure did.
    I think we're definitely going to be seeing this guy in the future. He's just adorable.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3917477;
    I was just remembering last night that on finale night, when all the S9 guys were singing, I really noticed Tim. Ok, I always thought he was a cutie, but on finale night, he looked really, really hot!! Not sure if he's been pumping a lot of iron, got a new haircut or, just in comparison to guys like Andrew and some others, he really stood out. But, he sure did.
    I think we're definitely going to be seeing this guy in the future. He's just adorable.
    I agree. He also sounded better than many others.

BTW, I thought that the top 10 have very distinct voices and don't really gel when they sing together.

+ Reply to Thread