+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3916230;
    That would be a great idea ! America is in love with him now, Idol would be smart to get him on the judging panel for next season.

Bret Michaels was a judge on Nashville Star (a country music show similar to AI) prior to his Rock of Love days .
    I agree. Bret would be an excellent choice, personable, likeable, and he might even get in some constructive-type criticism, which would be a nice change of pace. In fact, I wouldn't mind just cleaning house altogether. Get rid of Randy & Kara and put Harry Connick Jr & Bret on the panel, and they might as well dump Ellen - that was a failed experiment, IMO. I don't care about having a balanced or politically correct panel, so for a third judge, a good choice would be Ian Dickson. He's just as experienced in the business end of the music industry as Cowell, he loves music, and he did a fine job on The Next Great American Band as a judge.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3916304;
    I agree. Bret would be an excellent choice, personable, likeable, and he might even get in some constructive-type criticism, which would be a nice change of pace. In fact, I wouldn't mind just cleaning house altogether. Get rid of Randy & Kara and put Harry Connick Jr & Bret on the panel, and they might as well dump Ellen - that was a failed experiment, IMO. I don't care about having a balanced or politically correct panel, so for a third judge, a good choice would be Ian Dickson. He's just as experienced in the business end of the music industry as Cowell, he loves music, and he did a fine job on The Next Great American Band as a judge.
    I say we start a movement..... Bret for judge! Seriously, last night he made his mark with idol fans. He already has with reality fans.... I think he would do well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Anyone saw the stage director directing Lee to go down to the audience when he was singing his winner song? I thought that was funny.

Anyway, I think Ellen is funny and I think she should stay because the other judges are unfunny. She's a breath of fresh air. She had many one-liners, including "Yes, I have", in response to the song that Michael and Casey sang "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" But if they have to cut it down to 3 judges, it doesn't make sense to keep her. You need judges that actually has musical background and one producer like Simon. Kara is an appropriate judge but she is annoying. Randy is annoying as hell to me because he lacks communication skills and he's getting more irrelevant year after year. I'm just glad that he will not even have the opportunity to boo Simon next season. He had the audacity to boo Simon again last night when it was his last show then realized his juvenile reaction so he got up to applaud with the audience as a reaction to his embarrassment. Finally Ryan had to tell him to sit down. They need a total overhaul of the judges. I prefer they keep it to 3, take out the comedian and the irrelevant Randy. As for Kara...I'll give him one more season and maybe she'll change now that Simon is gone.

Oh...Randy produced America's Best Dance Crew. Maybe he has more clout now to change the AI voting format to be like his ABDC show. In his show, the 2 crews with the least votes battle it out in a dance off and then the judges eliminate the worst of the two. This way, the better contestant survives and the weaker contestant is eliminated.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-27-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Anyone saw the stage director directing Lee to go down to the audience when he was singing his winner song? I thought that was funny.
    She was actually directing the other Idols who were standing right next to her!

We were surprised on Tuesday night to see the words on a screen in the back of the theater while they were singing!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3916034;
    Crystal actually wanted to quit didn't she? I wouldn't call her arrogant, but I did get the distinct impression that something wasn't sitting right with her. Maybe she purposely opened the door for someone to slip though ahead of her.
    Obviously something wasn't setting right with her. Did you notice how most of the songs she sang she said the reason was close to her, meant something special and those comments were made mainly on songs about love and relationships? Her conversation with Ryan was more of a seeking advice rather than storming off and it got blown out of proportion. I'm sure the situation with Tony her boyfriend had been brewing for weeks. If you haven't heard about here's the link. He returned to Ohio on the morning of her final performance. That girl has been to hell and back the past few weeks. My hat's off to her big time!

YouTube - Crystal Bowersox & Boyfriend Split Before 'Idol' Perfomance Show
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-27-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: to fix broken link

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3916279;
    Lee has been getting a lot of criticism but when it gets right down to it, he was just a guy who worked in a paint store before this. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't heard anything about him being in a band or singing semi-professionally like some other past contestants have. I mean, there is video out there showing Crystal singing and performing at the age of 13. I'm sure I heard that Casey has his own band. I remember Bo Bice having his band and even his own recording studio. All of that experience would make anyone more polished. I think Lee did very well and I totally disagree with the person who said that they didn't see him improve over the season. I think with a little training and polishing, Lee is going to be fine. No matter what happens to come his way because of American Idol, I'll bet it will be a whole lot better than selling paint.
    Lee was signed to a local Chicago label and released two original CDs before Idol. You can even still order one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3915841;
    Idol's credibility?? Its just a reality show, what credibility does it have really? The fans pick the winner, not someone in the actual music industry. And some of the so-called "talent" who are popular these days who are picked by the music industry? Why not just enjoy the show and not worry about who does what. Utimately, its up to them what they make of this opportunity.
    For most Reality Shows that's easy to say, and quite true.

But this is a show now somewhat burdened by their own success, and the expectations which come from that. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are two of the best selling artists in the past decade, so when you drop down the one-two punch of Kris Allen (who had the lowest first-week sales returns for ANY Idol winner) and the low expectations we can already attribute to Lee? You'd better believe it becomes a credibility issue, even if "its just a reality show". Its a reality show with lots of dollar signs attached.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-27-2010 at 05:05 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3916243;
    I don't know about anyone else but last night's results made me ill. It was kind of like last night was a wonderful dinner with great performances from Music's past a meal of excellent prime rib was expected and all we got was a Mc Rib sandwich in the end.

Lee was offkey and frankly looked bored. What I dislike about Lee is he is a lazy singer. He doesn't have enough energy to power a cigarette lighter.
    I think you hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3916034;
    Maybe she purposely opened the door for someone to slip though ahead of her.
    Here's the problem with that idea. The obligations of the runner up (in fact, I believe any of the top 12 the producers feel obligated to "hold on to") are the same as the winner. She's going to get promoted almost exactly the same way (only a bit later, a bit after Lee's had his album released, I'd think). Her contract will be with the same record company it would have been otherwise. The length of it will be no different. The number of lame Idol related appearances mandated only marginally less. Its pretty much the same deal, and the only difference may be to the public (and maybe not even to them anymore).

So why, given all that, would she back off and open the door for someone else? The only reason I could think of would be if she did it to give Lee a leg up (either on her own, or because the producers pointed them that way). But I doubt it, and it certainly wouldn't relate to any other stress she's under, since the end result isn't going to be either any more or less tied up to the franchise.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I tried to click on Unk's posting about the break up with Crystal and her boyfriend.
    It isn't working, so i did find another link, in case anyone wants to read about the break up.
    I'm amazed at how mature she seems to be in the interview. Pretty surprisng for someone only 24, IMO.

Crystal Bowersox and Boyfriend Split Before Idol Finale - PEOPLE TV Watch
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread