+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

I don't think Simon hates Lee more than he hates Jordin. How can someone hate Jordin? lol! He might have been disappointed but he's been disappointed before.
    I am really excited to see what the changes will be for next season. I heard they would keep the 3 judges they have and add a guest judge. If they've listened to anything the fans have been saying, they would know that we don't want that at all! We really don't want that!
    I can just imagine how many talented women we will have next season! The women really have to bring it and the producers did not deliver us a great bunch of women. I mean, Crystal was the best you could do? Really?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3916111;
    I'm sorry, I have to respectfully disagree. Lee was Simon's favorite all season. He looked pleased that Lee won. Kara not so much, but Simon, yes. Ellen really liked him, too.

Crystal hurt herself by not singing anything really current. She could have taken any song and 'folked' it out. She just chose to stick with the classics, which is great because they suit her voice but she didn't really try to sound more current. And that's fine because she's talented and she'll do something amazing. But she won't have the main stream following her.
    And...Simon predicted on "Ellen" the other day that Lee would be the winner.

Granted it was taped before the finale, but I don't believe most people who vote on the finale vote just on the songs sung that night. I think most people vote for their favorite, or vote based on the whole season of work or the growth over the season (at least my friends and I do).

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3915850;
    I say dump Kara and get Bret Michaels for a judge!
    That would be a great idea ! America is in love with him now, Idol would be smart to get him on the judging panel for next season.

Bret Michaels was a judge on Nashville Star (a country music show similar to AI) prior to his Rock of Love days .

I don't know about anyone else but last night's results made me ill. It was kind of like last night was a wonderful dinner with great performances from Music's past a meal of excellent prime rib was expected and all we got was a Mc Rib sandwich in the end.

Lee was offkey and frankly looked bored. What I dislike about Lee is he is a lazy singer. He doesn't have enough energy to power a cigarette lighter.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3916243;
    I don't know about anyone else but last night's results made me ill. It was kind of like last night was a wonderful dinner with great performances from Music's past a meal of excellent prime rib was expected and all we got was a Mc Rib sandwich in the end.

Lee was offkey and frankly looked bored. What I dislike about Lee is he is a lazy singer. He doesn't have enough energy to power a cigarette lighter.
    Very well put darlin'..I was enjoying myself last night watching the festivities, I LOVED seeing the past winners come out in order (but especially MISSED my "cookie") anyway..I agree it was so entertaining and relaxing then....

EDITED" oopss forgot a word that changed the entire sentance
    Last edited by fan*addict; 05-27-2010 at 02:50 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3916230;
    That would be a great idea ! America is in love with him now, Idol would be smart to get him on the judging panel for next season.

Bret Michaels was a judge on Nashville Star (a country music show similar to AI) prior to his Rock of Love days .

I am good with Bret Michaels as a judge. I think he'll do a good job. I also think Shania Twain will be a good judge. I saw David Hasselhoff in the audience last night and my husband said, what if DH is the next judge, seeing he's not in America's Got Talent anymore. Yuck!! I'd die if he is in AI.

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang;3916269;
    I am good with Bret Michaels as a judge. I think he'll do a good job. I also think Shania Twain will be a good judge. I saw David Hasselhoff in the audience last night and my husband said, what if DH is the next judge, seeing he's not in America's Got Talent anymore. Yuck!! I'd die if he is in AI.
    OH NO...if we have to endure him as a judge (or GAWD forbid worse..like mentoring and singing)....then Idol will have surely jumped the shark and this show will become more of a laugh fest than is

Lee has been getting a lot of criticism but when it gets right down to it, he was just a guy who worked in a paint store before this. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't heard anything about him being in a band or singing semi-professionally like some other past contestants have. I mean, there is video out there showing Crystal singing and performing at the age of 13. I'm sure I heard that Casey has his own band. I remember Bo Bice having his band and even his own recording studio. All of that experience would make anyone more polished. I think Lee did very well and I totally disagree with the person who said that they didn't see him improve over the season. I think with a little training and polishing, Lee is going to be fine. No matter what happens to come his way because of American Idol, I'll bet it will be a whole lot better than selling paint.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

I believe that Simon was hoping for Crystal to win for weeks. He had made comments about it being a girl's year to win more than once and was fawning over her performances week after week (I remember it very well -Crystal was not my very, and it was really getting on my nerves!!!). But somewhere along the way, I think they needed to make the runaway Crystal train into a competition, and some of her remarks and tweets made the franchise a little nervous, so they began promoting Lee. Simon jumped on the Lee bandwagon and began pimping him and made it public that his support was being him once he knew the victory would be Lee's because Simon was wrong last year, and it was obvious that it ate him alive!!! He couldn't risk going out being wrong again!

And last year's competition was between two very different but both VERY talented individuals - you may have loved one and hated the other, but their talent was not in question. This year is different in that regard. I am happy for Lee. He seems like a VERY nice and sincere guy who is a bundle of nerves! But I do think it makes you scratch you head at the fact that this guy won the most popular singing competition in America!

I can't relate -- I love Mcribs - bring em back!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3916243;

+ Reply to Thread