+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3915940;
    All I'm reading is how Lee hits sour notes and sings off-key. I've watched the show all season and Crystal hit her fair share of bad notes, too. She hit quite a few singing You Outta Know. My husband even commented on it and he's tone deaf....lol I've watched many live performances (on tv and in person) and even the most seasoned singers aren't perfect. I remember the first time I Shania Twain performed live for an awards show...she was horrible. The whole song was just off and not in key. It was truly God awful. The more she performed, the better she became. Lee has that potential.
    I agree. The Janis Joplin style wore thin with me. Didn't care for the yelling at the end of her songs.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I still prefer Crystal to Lee, but he also did an outstanding job.

All I'm reading is how Lee hits sour notes and sings off-key. I've watched the show all season and Crystal hit her fair share of bad notes, too. She hit quite a few singing You Outta Know. My husband even commented on it and he's tone deaf....lol I've watched many live performances (on tv and in person) and even the most seasoned singers aren't perfect. I remember the first time I Shania Twain performed live for an awards show...she was horrible. The whole song was just off and not in key. It was truly God awful. The more she performed, the better she became. Lee has that potential.
    I agree, I think he does. He grew during the season. Lets give him a break. Really, regardless of who wins (as we have seen in the past) its anyone's game to make it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Couldn't agree more. He is the only one that grew & improved over the season.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

"And so we get the same thing again. As it is, in a few years Lee will probably be playing honky tonks, or dinner theater, or Branson or off-off-off-Broadway. The kind of hanging on by his fingernails stuff Taylor Hicks is doing right now"

I agree that Crystal does not need to have the title to get her career going but Taylor is not off Broadway, he is on Broadway performing in Grease and if I lived in NYC (thank god I don't) I would definitely buy a ticket!
    Last edited by Madison_2008; 05-27-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008;3915982;
    The kind of hanging on by his fingernails stuff Taylor Hicks is doing right now.
    If making $3m last year is hanging on by your fingernails I'm up for a piece of that action.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3915794;
    Aw, given a choice in season 5, after Chris left, I was Soul Patrol all the way. Why does everyone hate Taylor so much? He may not be a mainstream success, but neither is Ruben, Fantasia, Jordan, David, Chris........

The only two Idol winners to make a huge mark on the scene are Kelly and Carrie.

Love Taylor!

Everyone doesn't hate him, I love him too -- he has more soul in his little pinky then almost every idol contestant put together (minus Crystal of course) I think winning the thing actually hurt him more then helped him though so as I've said before I'm not upset that she didn't win

FORT Fan

Well if America sucks, as everyone keep saying because Lee won, then you also dont agree with the judges either, because he got high praise from them through a good part of the season....so if america sucks then so do they...

When Lee was singing his song after he won, he was crying some, and all shaken up and of course he's not going to sing it perfectly...neither did Kelly Clarkson, she balled through most of her performance, good gracious, can we give the guy a break....

Quote Originally Posted by dannape;3916001;
    Well if America sucks, as everyone keep saying because Lee won, then you also dont agree with the judges either, because he got high praise from them through a good part of the season....so if america sucks then so do they...

When Lee was singing his song after he won, he was crying some, and all shaken up and of course he's not going to sing it perfectly...neither did Kelly Clarkson, she balled through most of her performance, good gracious, can we give the guy a break....

Thank you... I like him, I like them both. I am happy he won. I enjoyed seeing him perform....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by dannape;3916001;

That's an interesting point. But keep in mind that the judges did not start praising Lee until Crystal had been the frontrunner for weeks, and the media said the contest was over. That scared the living daylights out of the producers, who wanted drama and competition for the finals or their ratings would tank. So, as the judges have done each year, they pumped up a contestant (Lee) cuz they thought he had the best chance of giving the frontrunner (Crystal) a contest. The problem is, they overshot their mark (and you can see the disappointment on their faces when they were "clapping" for Lee after he won).

One other point, Lee did not improve over the season. He actually was more in tune earlier in the year. I liked his voice in the beginning, and the only thing that seemed lacking was his connection to the lyrics. Then, as the season progressed, he got more and more out of tune and did not show any better understanding of the lyrics. So I gave up on him around the Top 7 mark.
    ==
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-27-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread