+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3915797;
    So, we actually have a song where Lee walks out on stage and sings "What would you do if I sang out of tune?"

Why, we'd make you the American Idol, of course!
    Yes, that was one of the funnier moments of the night. I got a good out of that. Of course, Lacey's big "moment" singing the beginning of Beautiful actually made Lee seem less painful on the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3915799;
    I may not appreciate older voices trying to relive their youthful vigor, but I do appreciate that Alanis Morrisette is God (at least in a movie.)
    I can't watch Alanis sing w/o thinking about her being God. 'Course, she was the angst queen when I was in college, so I was a big fan even before she had that role.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3915850;
    I say dump Kara and get Bret Michaels for a judge!
    I love this idea!

I really enjoyed last night's show, much more than the other shows of the season. When it began, I was dismayed to see it would be 2 hours long and considered fast-forwarding through most of it .... but I actually enjoyed it so much that by the end, I forgot that I was waiting for the results!

I loved the "older" talent that was brought in, and my only major disappointments were (1) not seeing Adam Lambert and (2) learning that Lee won over Crystal.

Well - I am a Lee fan and voted for him more than I have ever voted for a finale. It looked like he was on the verge of passing out and throwing up. I imagine this week that Lee's nerves got the best of him. But as he has training and gains more experience - I think he will be spectacular. I love the rasp in his voice. And truthfully - most of American doesn't hear off-key and out of tune with any singer.

I thought Crystal gave up a few weeks ago - what she did at the finale was too little too late. She is an amazing singer but Ellen hit the nail on the head the other day when she said that there are no other contemporary singers like Crystal. That is what was ultimately her downfall - she isn't current and that is why she lost the younger vote. I say Kudos to Crystal for staying true to herself. She'll have a great career making independent albums and playing to older crowds but she will never appeal to the younger crowds and without mass appeal - you can't win idol.

It has been proven time and again that to win Idol you have to appeal to the larger audience - David A, Adam and Crystal all have a niche and that was probably their ultimate downfall on Idol but will also is great for them in their solo careers.

I don't see the need to knock Lee down - it doesn't make Crystal any better. Ultimately, making it to the Top 6 is all any truly talented singer needs to gain the exposure and get the contacts to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3915832;
    What I find ironic is that the news here today is making a bigger deal out of Simon leaving than who actually won...

I can understand why. Crystal is obviously much more talented than Lee. That was very clear for the last two nights. For him to win over her is really insulting and an embarrassment IMO. It's the second year straight that I think the voters got it wrong. I know everyone has a right to their own opinion, but at least last year, the winner though not as talented as Adam, could sing and didn't seem sad all the time.

This is a great time for me to give up the show. As Simon said, you have to know when to leave the dance. I know I'm done.

I really enjoyed watching Crystal last night. She seemed to be relishing the experience singing on the big stage with big name acts. When they introduced Joe Cocker, I thought he was brought there to showcase Lee, but instead, Crystal was the one who shone.

FORT Newbie

Love Lee, voted for him. Loved Adam last year, voted for him. You win some, you lose some. Crystal will have a great career in the music business no matter what, even though she herself is not perfect

FORT Fogey

Wow, i am seeing people ranking Rueben , Fantasia and Taylor the worse 3 then Lee dead last.

Rueben: it was season 2, perhaps many were were quite young then, but he was great, smooth, the best R&B guy they had. ONly clay could have beaten him but rueben had the edge with the personality. It had to be him, no clay , Kim or Joshua Gracin(who was the real favorite then)

Fantasia: Now that gal shocked us during her audition and never let go. if she hadn't really won that season it would have been a tragedy. I couldn't see Diana or Latoya win. Yes she was annoying with her kid and all and the all MAJOR fantasia pimping from 19

Taylor: Something already said it here, when Chris left, there was noone but taylor. Maybe the guy that was 3rd (forgot his name). Soul patrol was quite huge back then. People are not really giving him the credit he deserves on top of that the materials 19 gave him really wasn't suited for him.

Lee: I don't know. I hope he stop looking like a dear caught in the headlights. He has possibilities. I am just concerned that he is too much like Kris

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willowwisp;3915270;
    ... I will be very sad to see Simon go.. it is the end of an era... and the last hope of a decent show.. probably my last time ever watching.... without simon... it's not american idol...
    I bawled my eyes out when all the idols were singing, then when Simon got up to make his speech. It is not going to be the same at all & I doubt highly I will watch
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

All I'm reading is how Lee hits sour notes and sings off-key. I've watched the show all season and Crystal hit her fair share of bad notes, too. She hit quite a few singing You Outta Know. My husband even commented on it and he's tone deaf....lol I've watched many live performances (on tv and in person) and even the most seasoned singers aren't perfect. I remember the first time I Shania Twain performed live for an awards show...she was horrible. The whole song was just off and not in key. It was truly God awful. The more she performed, the better she became. Lee has that potential.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread