+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3915672;
    Lee is the first winner in AI history not to deserve the title. Even singing tonight, he paled in comparison to Crystal and Casey, and Lee could not front the band Chicago to save his life--he was swallowed up by the whole process.

In past years, I always thought that the winner was talented, even if I had voted for somebody else. Lee does not deserve to stand with the other winners on that stage.

Crystal will do fine. It's American Idol's credibility that I'm worried about.
    ==
    Idol's credibility?? Its just a reality show, what credibility does it have really? The fans pick the winner, not someone in the actual music industry. And some of the so-called "talent" who are popular these days who are picked by the music industry? Why not just enjoy the show and not worry about who does what. Utimately, its up to them what they make of this opportunity.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3915841;
    Idol's credibility?? Its just a reality show, what credibility does it have really? The fans pick the winner, not someone in the actual music industry. And some of the so-called "talent" who are popular these days who are picked by the music industry? Why not just enjoy the show and not worry about who does what. Utimately, its up to them what they make of this opportunity.

Exactly!

I probably won't watch again. It's disheartening to watch a show where an off key blah person wins the prize. If they would revamp their voting and make it more like DWTS it might be an improvement, but I think the likelikhood of that changing is close to 0%.

Congrats to Lee and Crystal, they both will benefit from their AI experience.

I say dump Kara and get Bret Michaels for a judge!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3915849;
    I probably won't watch again. It's disheartening to watch a show where an off key blah person wins the prize. If they would revamp their voting and make it more like DWTS it might be an improvement, but I think the likelikhood of that changing is close to 0%.
    Congrats to Lee and Crystal, they both will benefit from their AI experience.
    I wonder about that. I figured they'd never change the voting system because they've always delighted in being able to announce the totals, but this year was a different story altogether. If the vote totals don't equal bragging rights, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3915840;
    I would just like to say that in 2003 I also favored Clay, and for me Ruben's voice was like nails on a chalkboard. I didn't dislike him personally, but I just couldn't listen to him sing and would have to leave the room when he came on. I saw contestants I considered way better singers being voted off while Ruben got all the pimpage. So, to me, that year was a case of what the heck are people thinking voting for this guy?
    I'm an obvious Ruben fan, but "nails on a chalkboard"? Why do you think the guy was known as the "Velvet Teddy Bear?" He has the smoothest voice in the business and a great ability to interpret songs. And by the way, Ruben, Clay and the third female finalist were the ONLY people that year who could reliable sing in tune or eek out a song with any artistry. Although I was a Ruben fan, I would have been satisfied if Clay had won, because he had talent and was good enough to be the Idol. Lee, I'm sorry, is a joke as a singer and couldn't ever be in Ruben, Clay or any other AI winner's league.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-27-2010 at 08:42 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3915841;
    Ha. I agree, the show does not have any particular credibilty. I used that term very loosely. Neverthless, there was always an area where the show did have credibility: I always thought the winner was talented, even if I had voted for someone else. That's why Simon used to say "America Always Gets It Right." This year, a guy who could barely sing well enough to perform at a county fair, won. So now, the entire show is joke to me.
    ===
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3915783;
    The young girl playing guitar, I believe was Orianthi. She is a young Australian that got her first exposure in the US when she played on the Grammy's backing Carrie. That performance got her noticed by Michael Jackson & she was hired to be his guitar player on his last tour. Unfortunately she never got to realise that opportunity.
    Thanks for that info -- she was the highlight of the show for me (with Bret a close second). I just looked her up and really like her new single Shut Up and Kiss Me. Maybe something good came out of the finale after all.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3915794;
    Aw, given a choice in season 5, after Chris left, I was Soul Patrol all the way. Why does everyone hate Taylor so much? He may not be a mainstream success, but neither is Ruben, Fantasia, Jordan, David, Chris........

The only two Idol winners to make a huge mark on the scene are Kelly and Carrie.

Love Taylor!
    Taylor made over 3 million dollars last year and is a great Broadway performer. Taylor was playing honky-tonks before AI. Ruben is a millionaire, Grammy-nominated gospel singer (he was a church singer before AI). All the winners have done well since leaving AI. I assume Lee will too, cuz they have Auto Tune now for folks who can't sing in tune.
    ==

Casey did the best job onstage last night of any contestant. He sang very well, and his guitar-work was great.
    ==

+ Reply to Thread