+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

The young girl playing guitar, I believe was Orianthi. She is a young Australian that got her first exposure in the US when she played on the Grammy's backing Carrie. That performance got her noticed by Michael Jackson & she was hired to be his guitar player on his last tour. Unfortunately she never got to realise that opportunity.

Bret Michaels 'Didn't Tell' Doctors He Was Performing On 'American Idol' Finale - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

LOS ANGELES — According to Bret Michaels, his surprise performance Wednesday night on the "American Idol" season finale stage was much-needed musical therapy.

Anticipation built quickly in the audience when the familiar guitar chords of one of Michaels' biggest hits with his group Poison, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," began and he later emerged on stage with top-three finalist Casey James.

"I needed to be here and do this because it's been two months since I played," the rocker said backstage at the Nokia Theater shortly after his performance. "It's been a month and a half in the hospital. It was such an amazing feeling to come out here and jam with Casey. I didn't tell [my doctors] I was going to do this. I just told them I was doing the 'Celebrity Apprentice' finale. They're going to find out in a minute. But I feel great, I gotta be honest. There's a still a lot of pain I'm still experiencing. [But] except for a little hitch ... my left side from the ... stroke, I feel amazing."

Last month the singer and reality show star was hospitalized for a brain hemorrhage and was rushed to the hospital again last week because of a "warning stroke." On Sunday he appeared on the "Celebrity Apprentice" finale and was named the victor, and he says that he's ready to hit the road again.

"I can't believe my family let me out. I may not have told them either; I left a few things out," he joked. "But I needed this for my soul. Honestly. It was a great experience."

He said that he plans to perform again as soon as Friday in Biloxi, Mississippi.

"[I'm going to] do a few shows at a time. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, I'll start again," he said.

Michaels also reflected on lessons he learned while hospitalized. "I've always tried to treat people with respect and I've always tried to treat people great. I enjoy every day — every minute I'm here is awesome."

Michaels joked that he wasn't exactly sure what he would be doing, now that he's won the title of "Celebrity Apprentice." He also said that he initially didn't know if he was hired or fired by Donald Trump.

"I leaned in and said, 'Did you say hired or fired?' I didn't know what he said. I just jumped up. I thought, 'Trump, you're not going to fire me, right now. I'm on medication. I flew a long way. Holly is amazing. She's a fierce competitor,' " he said of his co-finalist, Holly Robinson Peete. "I didn't ask Trump 'What does being "Celebrity Apprentice" entail? Do you get paid? Is there cash involved?' But what do you gotta do for him? Hopefully, you get to do a lot of charity fundraising. If that's what it is, I'm going to love it."

And as for that hospital stay?

"I've spent the last month and a half in the hospital. I don't ever want to see a hospital again," he said. "I just want to go out and have a great time."
    Bret Michaels Says Performing On 'Idol' Was 'An Amazing Feeling' | News Video | MTV

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3915618;
    Now I know how you Adam Lambert fans felt last year.
    Its definitely the same situation. Triumph of the bland. Kris and Lee are virtually the same guy, only one is raspier. Both are boring vanilla artists, who nobody will remember in a decade (unless they hold more "Idol winner reunions).

Speaking of that, I hear that David Cook was in Kansas City at a charity thing for cancer or something like that. He MUST have been singing, because if he was just there to give money, anyone could have done that for him.

But you know... when they drag the cold dead corpse of Taylor Hicks out...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3915772;
    5. Joe Cocker (living legend) - was he pulled out of his retirement home to croak on stage?
    I thought the same thing. But he's such a cool grampa! Although he looked like a grampa even in his younger years, lol. Love watching him on stage and just glad to see him perform.

Was Elliott Yamin there? Will someone make a roll call of who made it to the AI reunion?

Aw, given a choice in season 5, after Chris left, I was Soul Patrol all the way. Why does everyone hate Taylor so much? He may not be a mainstream success, but neither is Ruben, Fantasia, Jordan, David, Chris........

The only two Idol winners to make a huge mark on the scene are Kelly and Carrie.

Love Taylor!

re: "the old geezers".

As much as the final result, the winner, proves how out of touch and silly this show is (yes, "America" voted for Lee, but remember it was likely the same power voters who forced Kris down our throats and then didn't buy his album), as annoying as that is, the actual guest performances were pretty good. It was a GOOD show, with a tragic bit of stupidity wrapped around it.

I mean sure, Michael McDonald is old as the hills... but the man was amazing, and he's still far better than most. And Joe Cocker? He's what Lee WISHES he was. Someone with an off-kilter voice who makes it work. And Janet Jackson? Come on. Sure, most of that was lipsynching, but she's the master of that. It was damn entertaining. We got a good show, other than the actual Idol awarding. The "geezers" brought it, for the most part, and I was SO relieved not to have to put up with a Jonas, or a Bieber or a Cyrus or crap like that stinking things up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3915795;
    (yes, "America" voted for Lee, but remember it was likely the same power voters who forced Kris down our throats and then didn't buy his album)....
    HEY! Don't look at me. I turned my texting powers over to Crystal this year. (2100 votes) And I have two Kris Allen albums, so neener, neener.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3915793;
    I thought the same thing. But he's such a cool grampa! ...
    Was Elliott Yamin there? Will someone make a roll call of who made it to the AI reunion?
    Elliott was there. Go to Twitter and get his feed @elliottyamin. He tweeted a bunch of pictures from backstage. My favorites were one with him and Archuleta (Elliott loves David's voice), and another of Ace, Bo, and Elliott goofing around.

Re: The Joe Cocker Song

So, we actually have a song where Lee walks out on stage and sings "What would you do if I sang out of tune?"

Why, we'd make you the American Idol, of course!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-27-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3915680;
    America chooses mediocrity, one more time. The rating for the show can now go only in one direction from here. Downwards.

Good luck 19E! You will be spending a lot of time in the studio with your idol trying to get him to hit the note, on pitch, at the beat. Good luck with that!
    I think 19E is probably GLAD when the actual talent comes in second. Why? So they got "two for the price of one".

Consider this. If Kris Allen didn't have the boost of being an Idol winner, if he was the 2nd place behind Adam Lambert, would anyone give a crap about his bland bland @ss? Probably not. Whereas with Lambert in the #2 slot, he won't really be affected by the lack of the title. He doesn't need the boost.

And so we get the same thing again. As it is, in a few years Lee will probably be playing honky tonks, or dinner theater, or Branson or off-off-off-Broadway. The kind of hanging on by his fingernails stuff Taylor Hicks is doing right now. But there's a chance for the Idolmeisters to sell a few downloads and CDs while he's the "reigning champ". Then he will go away and Crystal will have her great career. Just like Lambert is doing now, while Kris is mainly appearing in car commercials (that's a nice paycheck for him, I bet, but it won't last).

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3915797;
    Re: The Joe Cocker Song

So, we actually have a song where Lee walks out on stage and sings "What would you do if I sang out of tune?"

Why, we'd make you the American Idol, of course!
    rimshot!

followed by "Aaah Aaaaahhhh!" and that stupid dated disco beat looped over and over.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-27-2010 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3915783;
    The young girl playing guitar, I believe was Orianthi. She is a young Australian that got her first exposure in the US when she played on the Grammy's backing Carrie. That performance got her noticed by Michael Jackson & she was hired to be his guitar player on his last tour. Unfortunately she never got to realise that opportunity.
    Thank you, thank you. I will get to see her in late July when I experience Adam Lambert in concert. Orianthi is touring with him. Can't wait to see her...and him, of course.

TCDC: My mouth fell open when Lee sang the first verse. After all the comments this year about his tuning problem, I really enjoyed the irony.

I see my rant about geezers has struck a few sour notes. Disclosure - I am a teenager of the sixties and most of these bands were popular when I was a young adult. I do remember loving Chicago, though I never loved Joe Cocker. His signature rasp on the high notes is not what it was. I know, I know...it is just good to see them alive and kicking after all these years, but it is hard to hear them now in comparison with my memories.

I may not appreciate older voices trying to relive their youthful vigor, but I do appreciate that Alanis Morrisette is God (at least in a movie.)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-27-2010 at 02:34 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It's interesting that Ryan didn't even mention how many votes were cast. And it's easy to assume that it's because it has been the lowest total of all seasons. Someone predicted this on another website.

+ Reply to Thread