+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Re: 5/26 Season 9 Finale Part 2 *Spoilers*

Watching the end right now. Please, can someone give Lee a GPS so he can find the right pitch?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yay! Go Lee! I never was a fan but it was touching to see him win. He really wanted it. It is his night so I'll try and stay positive. He tried hard. It isn't his fault he isn't that great. He did all he could do and tonight we found that it was enough. So congrats to Lee!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

The show was great until the announced the winner,Lee. The second year in a row when talent loses out to looks or whatever some see in Lee. If I am Crystal she should be happy she won't have to sing that Ish the will make the winner record.

I guess to those who grew up listening to autotune and lip sync artist tonight's show was boring. I on the other hand enjoyed everything but the result. I loved seeing people who have had long careers and can hold a tune without an effort. If not for these oldies these idols would not have any material to perform or proof of what real singing looks like. The billboard top 100 artists with few exceptions aren't fit to shine the Old school artists shoes.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The show just finished here in the west and my knee jerk reaction is: HUH?!? Not to Lee winning, that was expected, but to the show itself.

Complaint Department:

1. Who was the very young female playing a brilliant guitar in the opening number? Did I miss them identifying her?

2. This was old geezer night where the young'uns propped up tired voices on standards. HUH?

3. All of the Simon roasting was stupid, and Paula hogged more than her fair share. Waste of time.

4. Who sang with Casey? Was he introduced?

5. Joe Cocker (living legend) - was he pulled out of his retirement home to croak on stage?

6. No reprise of the Crystal/Lee duet.

What I liked: (and some more complaining)

1. Seeing some of the idols do a reunion song on stage. Though they could have stayed on each face for a couple of seconds so they could be recognized instead of all the whole spectrum long shots.

2. Carrie Underwood

3. Alanis Morrisette duet with Crystal

4. Poor Lee got lost in the middle of Chicago

Who was the booking agent for this disaster? There were awkward moments and embarrassing moments - but no funny moments. The producer as well as the booking agent should be fired.

And to top it off, the show wrapped before Lee finished his coronation song; probably because Paula sucked all the air out of the room with her yammering and posing. UGH! and ARGHH!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3915618;
    Now I know how you Adam Lambert fans felt last year.
    THanks.

In fairness, though, Kris could sing in key.
    All due respect to Lee, but if I were Bono, I'd be more than a little upset about what he did to that song.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3915773;
    THanks.

In fairness, though, Kris could sing in key.
    All due respect to Lee, but if I were Bono, I'd be more than a little upset about what he did to that song.
    Yeah If I took a drink everytime Lee was Pitchy I would be passed out drunk now.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3915441;
    Would she go down with you to the theatre?
    LOL! G-rated version. Fluff...I was wondering how they would edit that part. And it's hilarious that you noticed it first with a name like that

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3915772;
    The show just finished here in the west and my knee jerk reaction is: HUH?!? Not to Lee winning, that was expected, but to the show itself.

Complaint Department:

1. Who was the very young female playing a brilliant guitar in the opening number? Did I miss them identifying her?

2. This was old geezer night where the young'uns propped up tired voices on standards. HUH?
    3. All of the Simon roasting was stupid, and Paula hogged more than her fair share. Waste of time.

5. Joe Cocker (living legend) - was he pulled out of his retirement home to croak on stage?

What I liked: (and some more complaining)

1. Seeing some of the idols do a reunion song on stage. Though they could have stayed on each face for a couple of seconds so they could be recognized instead of all the whole spectrum long shots.

2. Carrie Underwood

3. Alanis Morrisette duet with Crystal

4. Poor Lee got lost in the middle of Chicago

Who was the booking agent for this disaster? There were awkward moments and embarrassing moments - but no funny moments. The producer as well as the booking agent should be fired.

And to top it off, the show wrapped before Lee finished his coronation song; probably because Paula sucked all the air out of the room with her yammering and posing. UGH! and ARGHH!
    Didn't get to see the first 45 minutes - yoga night - but I did get to see Chicago, Joe Cocker and a lot of other "old geezers." Unfortunately, the young 'un aka Lee couldn't seem to prop up any of the "old geezers" because he actually sounded worse than they could ever sound. And, they have age as their excuse. He just has a pretty cr*ptastic voice to blame it on. So, of course, he won tonight!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3915772;

Complaint Department:

1. No idea but the girl had skills

2.. Yep, pretty much.......Chicago and Darryl Hall both provided wince moments.

3. Didn't mind Paula

4. That would be Brett Michaels....no introduction needed,

5. Wherever he was pulled from....... happy to see him!

Bret Michaels? See - I haven't watched any of the reality shows where he has appeared, though I have seen his photo in the news articles about his health. Also, I thought he was a rocker and this song sounded rather country to me. I can understand now why he was cheered, and should probably check myself into the geezer home for not being current.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread