+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Season Finale Part 1 *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/25 Season Finale Part 1 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3914735;
    I know What Not To Sing claims to be an authority but I don't think it is always accurate. I really think it measures something that doesn't really matter. Performance ratings isn't predictive of who you will vote for.
    Absolutely true - I'm glad you brought that out. And WNTS states that same thing over and over - they are not indicating who got the most votes. Just what the columnists and web sites were saying about the performances.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3914727;
    I'm sure that is true. I wasn't watching that season; I've only seen it on Idol Rewind.

I was speaking purely from the WNTS performance scores. And the fact is that Bo's run of performances were more highly regarded as a whole than Carrie's. (Assuming the accuracy of the WNTS team's work - which is the best we have.) Of course there are tons of other factors, but I don't have the time, interest, or ability to compile them. But reports from people like you who were there at the time can shed a lot of light on the intangibles. Thanks.
    I don't want to get to far off the subject of this thread, but I can remember reading an article from a person during Carrie/Bo's season & this person stated that he worked for AT&T & Carrie was getting as much as 40% of the vote while there were still 8 people competing. That is pretty dominate IF you believe the writer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3914765;
    I don't want to get to far off the subject of this thread, but I can remember reading an article from a person during Carrie/Bo's season & this person stated that he worked for AT&T & Carrie was getting as much as 40% of the vote while there were still 8 people competing. That is pretty dominate IF you believe the writer.
    I don't think someone from AT&T would have access to that information. There are only a handful of people who would know the voting totals. I wish those handful of people would leak the results from last night.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I'm not getting the "Lee sex appeal" thing. He has been consistently uncomfortable on stage, mediocre in singing talent, and completely out-of-touch with the lyrics that he sings. I can't imagine him doing well as a recording artist, but we'll see.

After last night's boring finale, along with Simon leaving, I am done with this show. It has just lost its fun and appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3914834;
    I'm sorry, but I'm not getting the "Lee sex appeal" thing. He has been consistently uncomfortable on stage, mediocre in singing talent, and completely out-of-touch with the lyrics that he sings. I can't imagine him doing well as a recording artist, but we'll see.

After last night's boring finale, along with Simon leaving, I am done with this show. It has just lost its fun and appeal.
    The finale was indeed less than satisfying, but I think the departure of Simon is a big plus for next year. The guy no longer had anything relevant to say...time to take his white t shirt on to the next stop on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3914834;
    I get it. He's a cutie. But that would never be a reason I would vote for a contestant. I also think Crystal is very pretty, but I hear so much about her looks being a factor in people not voting for her.

As for any of them being "in touch" or "out of touch" with lyrics, how do we know that? Not every song means the same to every person who hears it, or even to the person who wrote it. Just because a person looks like they're "getting it" doesn't mean they're anything other than good actors. And speaking as someone who has done a bit of writing in my earlier life, sometimes it was just words strung together that sounded good (to me). So, I that argument is totally irrelevant.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Question. What the heck happened to Crystal during her entrance last night? That was strange.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3913729;
    If your favorite doesn't win this season, will you all watch next season?

My fave rarely even makes it to the finale so I am sure I will be back next season. Unless there isn't a next season.
    My favorite rarely wins (with a couple exceptions) and I always come back. This year I don't have a clear favorite, and that's always good. Usually I'm at least pulling for one over the other, this year is a toss up for me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3914870;
    Question. What the heck happened to Crystal during her entrance last night? That was strange.
    I think at one point she tripped?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by liedenfrost;3914252;
    May 25, 2010: The Top Two

1. Crystal Bowersox.

Crystalís pipes arenít strong enough to maintain good tone while screaming.

not yet in the same class with Melinda Doolittle, David Cook, Elliott Yamin, Adam Lambert, Latoya London, Jennifer Hudson, Allison Iraheta, Kelly Clarkson, David Archuleta, Fantasia Barino, and Bo Bice

I guess Iím trying to say that Crystal and Lee are middle of the road in almost every category that affects commercial music sales. The word is Mediocrity, and it was in abundance on the AI stage this season.

2. Lee Dewyze.

a painful listen

disconnected, off-melody, atonal, dispassionate, and butchered

Iím a loyal viewer so I donít change channels but this was a very difficult season for me and Iím glad itís over. Here's to a great season 10! (fingers crossed).

Thank You Simon Cowell for bringing this show to American television and giving me seven wonderful seasons of music excellence (wasn't thrilled about season two but it was light years better than this one). I enjoyed it. You deserved a better send off and curtain call. If the rumors are true, I will see you (and Paula, hopefully) on X Factor.

Thank you Ellen for making the show funny (and tolerable) this season. There were times your funny commentary was the only enjoyable thing on the show. Please come back next year.

Seacrest is Weird
    I agree with virtually everything in your post. The season was just alright. Nothing rose to the level of "great" or "exciting" and there were a few unfortunate losses in the cut down to the top 12.

+ Reply to Thread