+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Lee vs. Crystal Matchup

Re: The Lee vs. Crystal Matchup

I agree, Mel. Casey's Jealous Guy is a contender for best performance. But I think Crystal has him beat with her song about "Long as I Can See the Light" from an earlier week. If she could sing something like that again, that would be good ending to the season for me, whether or not she wins.
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-25-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fanatic

Lee is going to win. He is likeable, he has the look and he has the sound. First time I heard him I thought he sounds like "Dave Mathews". He just gets better each week and he is just darn infectious.

Crystal, I think is a bit arrogant, her look is not appealing to all, and I truly don't think she wants to win like Lee does.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3910765;
    I don't know and I am afraid I'll jinx something.

Another con for Crystal is that people figure she will now succeed regardless which is true. She already had a career and talks about her gigs at age 13. The same can't be said of Lee.

Nevertheless, I think Crystal could win now that she has a "platform", saying she needs lots of money to give to charities and start her diabetes foundation. ( People will forget that she said the other night that the only reason she is there is because of her son.) She has now (recently) successfully 'softened" her edges, both on the show and in interviews. Pretty brilliant strategy.

Rather than talent, voice preference, and demographics, I think in the end it will come down to who people most relate to vicariously.

I think more people's lives will have been somehow touched by single motherhood and/or diabetes, than by paint salesmen needing a break.
    I am also a Type I diabetic and mom. Each are a full time job and I am very impressed with Crystal, however, that's not why she is my favorite. I think she is the more talented of the two. I suspect that Lee will win, but I think that Crystal could do more with the opportunity as I feel Lee, while he is nice, is not as talented.

It will be exiting to see what happens tonight!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3910941;
    Regardless of who wins this will be the first time someone has won that lives North of the Mason Dixon Line. It has heretofore been Southern states dominated.
    While Arizona is located at the southern border of the United States, it is not a Southern state. Jordin Sparks is from Arizona. Also, David Cook is from the Midwestern state of Missouri. It would be correct to say that this will be the first time a winner has come from a blue state. North Carolina (Fantasia's hometown) went blue last election but it was red when she won.

I am sure Lee will win. And I'll be voting for him even though I don't like either of these two. This has been one tough season! If Lee wins, there will be huge changes coming next season. We will see real female talent and hopefully we will have some "artists" who could have a viable career in the real industry. I think the producers want to change the show up and the viewers want change too. As long as they put someone like Lee on the show, the voters will reliably vote for him. Duh. Even though he isn't very talented! If Lee wins, they will get the message and we'll have no more wannabe David Cooks. On the other hand, if Lee wins then we have wasted 2 seasons as seasons 8 and 9 have just been a re-runs of season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3913145;
    On the other hand, if Lee wins then we have wasted 2 seasons as seasons 8 and 9 have just been a re-runs of season 7.
    This issue of needing a variety of winners is why I suspect the judges might push hard for Crystal to win tonight. They've been pimping Lee to make sure there is a contest in the finale. We'll see if they stick with Lee or go back to supporting Crystal.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I hope and pray that this is my final season of AI. I have tried to walk away before but have gotten pulled back in. Next season I must stay away. It isn't as enjoyable to me anymore. And we haven't seen the winners really do much since Carrie. It's a bit lame now. Plus, with Simon gone, I really have no reason to watch anymore.

The only way I would watch it again is if they bring in the new judge as Donny Osmond or Robert Plant. Then I would watch....Hey that's not a bad idea. Donny Osmond as a judge?? What do you think about that? I think he would do a great job....oh no, I keep getting pulled back into AI! LOL

I am sure Lee will win. And I'll be voting for him even though I don't like either of these two. This has been one tough season! If Lee wins, there will be huge changes coming next season. We will see real female talent and hopefully we will have some "artists" who could have a viable career in the real industry. I think the producers want to change the show up and the viewers want change too. As long as they put someone like Lee on the show, the voters will reliably vote for him. Duh. Even though he isn't very talented! If Lee wins, they will get the message and we'll have no more wannabe David Cooks.

I'm confused.

Why vote for someone who "isn't very talented."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3913240;
    I am sure Lee will win. And I'll be voting for him even though I don't like either of these two. This has been one tough season! If Lee wins, there will be huge changes coming next season. We will see real female talent and hopefully we will have some "artists" who could have a viable career in the real industry. I think the producers want to change the show up and the viewers want change too. As long as they put someone like Lee on the show, the voters will reliably vote for him. Duh. Even though he isn't very talented! If Lee wins, they will get the message and we'll have no more wannabe David Cooks.

I'm confused.

Why vote for someone who "isn't very talented."
    I explained that. See the bold parts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3913145;
    While Arizona is located at the southern border of the United States, it is not a Southern state. Jordin Sparks is from Arizona. Also, David Cook is from the Midwestern state of Missouri. It would be correct to say that this will be the first time a winner has come from a blue state. North Carolina (Fantasia's hometown) went blue last election but it was red when she won.

I am sure Lee will win. And I'll be voting for him even though I don't like either of these two. This has been one tough season! If Lee wins, there will be huge changes coming next season. We will see real female talent and hopefully we will have some "artists" who could have a viable career in the real industry. I think the producers want to change the show up and the viewers want change too. As long as they put someone like Lee on the show, the voters will reliably vote for him. Duh. Even though he isn't very talented! If Lee wins, they will get the message and we'll have no more wannabe David Cooks. On the other hand, if Lee wins then we have wasted 2 seasons as seasons 8 and 9 have just been a re-runs of season 7.
    I respectfully disagree with any comparison of Season 9 to Season 8...or to Season 7, for that matter. There is no comparison, and while I know Lee is very likable, he just does not possess the talent of last years Top 2. (Not to say that he can't still improve from where he is now - I'm sure he can - but he doesn't have their musical ability.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3913180;
    I hope and pray that this is my final season of AI. I have tried to walk away before but have gotten pulled back in. Next season I must stay away. It isn't as enjoyable to me anymore. And we haven't seen the winners really do much since Carrie. It's a bit lame now. Plus, with Simon gone, I really have no reason to watch anymore.

The only way I would watch it again is if they bring in the new judge as Donny Osmond or Robert Plant. Then I would watch....Hey that's not a bad idea. Donny Osmond as a judge?? What do you think about that? I think he would do a great job....oh no, I keep getting pulled back into AI! LOL
    Yeah, it's like a bad relationship that you just can't walk away from.

I think Donny Osmond would make a great judge!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast