+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Lee vs. Crystal Matchup

Re: The Lee vs. Crystal Matchup

I don't know and I am afraid I'll jinx something.

Another con for Crystal is that people figure she will now succeed regardless which is true. She already had a career and talks about her gigs at age 13. The same can't be said of Lee.

Nevertheless, I think Crystal could win now that she has a "platform", saying she needs lots of money to give to charities and start her diabetes foundation. ( People will forget that she said the other night that the only reason she is there is because of her son.) She has now (recently) successfully 'softened" her edges, both on the show and in interviews. Pretty brilliant strategy.

Rather than talent, voice preference, and demographics, I think in the end it will come down to who people most relate to vicariously.

I think more people's lives will have been somehow touched by single motherhood and/or diabetes, than by paint salesmen needing a break.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Lee will win.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3910765;
    I don't know and I am afraid I'll jinx something.

Another con for Crystal is that people figure she will now succeed regardless which is true. She already had a career and talks about her gigs at age 13. The same can't be said of Lee.

Nevertheless, I think Crystal could win now that she has a "platform", saying she needs lots of money to give to charities and start her diabetes foundation. ( People will forget that she said the other night that the only reason she is there is because of her son.) She has now (recently) successfully 'softened" her edges, both on the show and in interviews. Pretty brilliant strategy.

Rather than talent, voice preference, and demographics, I think in the end it will come down to who people most relate to vicariously.

I think more people's lives will have been somehow touched by single motherhood and/or diabetes, than by paint salesmen needing a break.
    I absolutely despise it when somebody professes to want to win some reality show because they want to give money to charity. Not to mention banking on their sob story to ingratiate themselves with people and "soften edges". Somebody always does it without fail on every single season of Idol, Survivor, Big Brother and every other reality show I've ever seen and I always think it's one of the cheapest things to do, trying to skate by on something other than your talent for singing or playing the game or whatever it is you need to do.

That's what Gokey did last year and I couldn't stand Gokey and I didn't give a damn about his "story". The only valid reasons to audition for American Idol are either because you want to win, want to get exposure, want to get signed by a record label or you want a career in music or all of those things combined. Otherwise go become a stock broker and you'll make enough money to establish five charities of your choice with your money.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I don't know who will win (hoping for Lee) but they are both so talented we can't lose with either of them. I found a video of them doing another duet...Take Me Out To The Ballgame...lol
    Lee DeWyze Blog
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I want Lee to win and my votes will reflect that. Seeing the number of fans at his hometown celebration seemed to give him a lift in the self-esteem department, so winning would have to bring on more of the same.

If he doesn't win, I will still seek out his cd.

Crystal has the ability to succeed, but in recent weeks, I've begun to wonder if she really wants to be a BIG star, putting up with all of the trials and tribulations that come with the fame and fortune.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Regardless of who wins this will be the first time someone has won that lives North of the Mason Dixon Line. It has heretofore been Southern states dominated.

Im on Team Lee for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3910693;
    Rats! I thought I was going to get away without answering that question!
    Lee has fans and Crystal has fans. I think the contest will be decided by the casual voters - which means that the performances Tuesday night will play a large part.

But, the next largest consideration, I think, is what happens with the negative factors. Who has the easier task? Lee convincing non-fans that he can really sing, or Crystal persuading non-fans that she is likable?

I think Crystal's obstacle may be easier to overcome with a killer performance. But then, we're back to speculating what will happen on Tuesday.
    Too funny!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Lee and Crystal filmed an acoustic performance of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at Dodger Stadium and it was aired Saturday, May 22. during the Yankees/Mets game, the Red Sox/Phillies game, the Cubs/Rangers game, and the Dodgers/Tigers game.

YouTube - clubhousecancer.com

Thanks, Unk.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast