+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3908589;
    I'm curious how you know that. I don't know how the autotune works.
    Autotune eliminates all the tones that aren't exactly on pitch. Most people slide a bit on and off a note - it's just natural. But autotune takes that away and makes it sound more like someone is playing a keyboard, but a human voice is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;3908594;
    Krom, you are terrible! My teenagers were gagging through the performance and making similar comments to yours, but they said "Hey, at least he wasn't lip synching".
    Well, unless he has an amazing ability to throw his voice into a microphone while he is holding it over his head clapping, I would say that there was some lip syncing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3908611;
    Why are all the other threads closed for the AI contestants?
    All threads but the show discussion thread are closed to avoid spoiling the show for those in other time zones that haven't watched it yet.

I'm happy with Lee going into the finals. I think he has grown the most. I can appreciate Casey more past his good looks now that I understand his story. He is probably laid back because he has seen death and he's from Texas. Texans seem to be quite laid back. He's calm and reserved on stage and not a great performer perhaps because he learned to be still in that hospital bed. Bowersox probably shouldn't win because AI would try to change her to force her into popular music. She rox with the Indy vibe and can connect to her hometowners in a "coal miner's daughter" kind of way. She related to them and they related to her. Hardtimes Indie singing is her thing--Folk.

I'm excited to see the finale, now because Lee's spark is lit and I think he is going to give everything he has. He wants this.
    Last edited by Quemoni; 05-19-2010 at 11:16 PM.

I think Lee is definitely pumped to win, though, I wish he would have a real 'moment' to clinch the win.
    If Crystal has a 'moment', then perhaps she will win.

I'll be dialing for Lee.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3908615;
    That's a very musician-like thing to say to someone, I think. Criticizing that seems like a bit of a stretch.
    we all have our own opinions, don't we?

i'll add this: she makes comments that aren't really supportivve of her boyfriend. most partners, male or female, wouldn't put up with that crap. he should dump her.

SO HAPPY Lee is in the finale. He has improved the most, IMO..and next Tuesday if he sounds as good as he did last night, his chances are VERY GOOD, I'd say.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Very sad to see Casey depart. I hope that what he did during his time on the show got enough people's attention to get him signed - I'm ready to buy his music!

As for next week,...Crystal for the win!

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908616;
    Autotune eliminates all the tones that aren't exactly on pitch. Most people slide a bit on and off a note - it's just natural. But autotune takes that away and makes it sound more like someone is playing a keyboard, but a human voice is coming out.

Thanks for explaining that to me.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

FYI - just heard that the little girl on Casey's lap was his cousin's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908616;
    Well, unless he has an amazing ability to throw his voice into a microphone while he is holding it over his head clapping, I would say that there was some lip syncing going on.
    Like I said, I wasn't watching ... but I think I'll make an appointment for all three of my teenagers to see an optometrist.

+ Reply to Thread