+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3909105;
    It hasn't stopped the pop princess Taylor Swift. Maybe she can introduce Lee to her friend Auto Tune.
    I'm sure you are right, Auto Tune is in Lee's future.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I believe autotune may be in Lee's present - don't forget that they do a studio version of the song for iTunes. I'm sure that autotune is used there.

First, I think Lee is a fine singer... perfect? No. But look at some of the top rockers whose careers have endured and are greatly respected.... do they all have perfect voices?/ No. A bit of grit and emotion goes a long way.

And what is Auto Tune? And please do not compare him to TS. It's not that she is not a great singer, she just flat out CAN'T sing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think it's pointless to compare Lee with Taylor Swift.
    While I agree that her voice leaves a lot to be desired, it's the beautiful, poignant lyrics she writes that are her real legacy.
    A majority of singer / songwriters through the years were known for their lyrics and not their perfect pitch voicals.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I am not a fan of Lee. I don't think he sings well at all. I do have to say though he has the right to say he is "going to try and win it all" What else should he say? " You know I don't think I will try and win, I am just going to sit on my thumbs an wait to see what happens"
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3909154;
    And what is Auto Tune?
    Ha! That came up earlier in the thread in the Bieber discussion. I'll just point you to the link here.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3909154;
    First, I think Lee is a fine singer... perfect? No. But look at some of the top rockers whose careers have endured and are greatly respected.... do they all have perfect voices?/ No. A bit of grit and emotion goes a long way.
    That's my point. I think Lee has a great, gravely rocker voice, but his phrasing lacks grit and emotion. He isn't connected to the lyrics of his songs the way the great rockers are. To me, Lee is all voice and no heart. The best rockers might have small vocal ranges and rough voices, but they do sing in tune.

And what is Auto Tune? And please do not compare him to TS. It's not that she is not a great singer, she just flat out CAN'T sing.
    Auto Tune is an electronic device that can make a singer sound in tune when they are recording CDs. This will be a requirement for Lee, cuz he won't be able to sell records singing off-key.
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-20-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3908722;
    Lee is more "commercial" than Crystal. I think he would be more willing to do what ever Idol tells him to do. Whereas Crystal has a baby, and he comes first. He's also the better singer. His performance of "Hallelujah" gave me chills for the first time this entire season.
    Honestly, I've always heard that song as a match of a simple melody on a singer's voice along with simple instrumentation. I didn't really like the "big" version of it Lee did, but I can't decide if that's just me reacting with "change = bad" or if I really don't like it that way. I was going to go back and listen to it again after watching Glee, but ... well ... NPH and Matthew Morrison on one duet followed by Idina Menzel and Lea Michelle on another kind of distracted me from AI music for a while...

Well, at least we all now know that the rumor floating around about Simon choosing that song due to his owning the royalty rights is wrong.
    Turns out the owner of the rights is Sony.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3909198;
    That's my point. I think Lee has a great, gravely rocker voice, but his phrasing lacks grit and emotion. He isn't connected to the lyrics of his songs the way the great rockers are. To me, Lee is all voice and no heart. The best rockers might have small vocal ranges and rough voices, but they do sing in tune.

Auto Tune is an electronic device that can make a singer sound in tune when they are recording CDs. This will be a requirement for Lee, cuz he won't be able to sell records singing off-key.
    ---
    Thanks, I kind of thought that is what it is. I guarantee you everyone uses it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread