+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

I think the reason Crystal didn't get all the stuff that Lee did is simple - she doesn't want it.

I know Lee got the whole choir behind him but truthfully I am not sure that Crystal would have even wanted that. For all we know - she refused that sort of production for her song. I was thinking about how big the numbers are usually in the finale and I just can't see Crystal going that big. I would be willing to bet that at one point next week, Crystal would sit on the stage with her guitar and a single spotlight and that would be perfect for her. She is not into big productions. So to say the producers were unfair to her doesn't seem right to me. Crystal doesn't want all that. It is much more fitting to Lee's style of singing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3908903;
    Did anyone hear Lee's comment to a hometown fan when he said something like "I'm going to try to win it!" It really struck me in a negative way. I can't quite put my finger on it. I mean, he's supposed to be this humble guy, but that comment sounded way too competitive. Sort of like "I'm going to crush my opponent next week!"
    I didnt take his comment in that context at all. Of course he's going to try to win this. They all are. That, to me, is just a statement of someone wanting this badly.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3908989;
    I didnt take his comment in that context at all. Of course he's going to try to win this. They all are. That, to me, is just a statement of someone wanting this badly.
    I agree, the guy is "trying" to win it, why be there if you don't want to try?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3908922;
    I again don't care which one wins. I like them both. Equally.
    Amen to that!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Reminds ME of the Clay/Ruben Finale...I loved them both!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Did anyone hear Lee's comment to a hometown fan when he said something like "I'm going to try to win it!" It really struck me in a negative way. I can't quite put my finger on it. I mean, he's supposed to be this humble guy, but that comment sounded way too competitive. Sort of like "I'm going to crush my opponent next week!"

Totally disagree. It was a rare (and welcomed) flash of confidence. Being "humble" doesn't make you a doormat.

After all, what was he supposed to say? I can't imagine it would have gone over very well with his fans to hear him say "I made it to the top three . . . whew! . . . now I can sit back and let the fates do whatever they want with my future".
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

OK, sorry, I give. It just seemed weird to me, at best.

Broadway, I appreciated your comment about diversity of opinions.

Actually, that's better than the mopey, weepy Lee that's graced the AI stage for weeks. I am really tired of his "I want the world to please, please love me" expression. He's managed to make it to the Top 2 on the basis of his fabulous voice, so he should relax. If his tone-deafness and lack of a vocal range haven't stopped him by now, it's not going to stop him in the future.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3909100;
    Actually, that's better than the mopey, weepy Lee that's graced the AI stage for weeks. I am really tired of his "I want the world to please, please love me" expression. He's managed to make it to the Top 2 on the basis of his fabulous voice, so he should relax. If his tone-deafness and lack of a vocal range haven't stopped him by now, it's not going to stop him in the future. ---
    It hasn't stopped the pop princess Taylor Swift. Maybe she can introduce Lee to her friend Auto Tune.

I still don't think Lee believes in himself. I get the vibe that he is only saying these things because he is supposed to.

+ Reply to Thread