+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3908770;
    I'm just not seeing "the attitude" that Crystal seems to have. She looks like someone who is just as thrilled to be on that stage as the others are.
    Last night was the first night that I saw any emotion coming from Crystal. I was impressed.. and if she had shown one ounce of that in the previous weeks I would have never been offput by her lack thereof.

Contrary to what Krom has outlined, I could honestly not care less that she's 1) a woman, 2) a confident woman, 3) that she has comments for the judges, 4) that she's well spoken, etc. And I have made a point of saying that I love her voice and think she's EXTREMELY talented. I just have hated that (prior to last night) she hasn't had any reaction to what was going on around her, to her, and for her. She just hasn't come across as a warm personality. That's all.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3908728;
    AI is not looking for a singer. AI is looking for someone who will allow them to tell them what type of music to sing. They don't want someone like Crystal who know what genre she is and not willing to bend from it. AI wants a Puppet and Lee is straight from central casting.
    TPTB want to make this exciting. If there is a clear cut frontrunner it makes the competition boring. This is an entertainment show afterall, Got to stir up the pot a bit! And if Lee wins, good for him. If Crystal wins, great for her! I like them both. Besides, not winning doesn't hurt your chances at having a good career.

BTW, do we know what drek of a song they are going to make the contestants sing next week?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3908669;
    I'm there only in spirit. I actually live in Dublin.
    I will be in Dublin Friday night at the home of somebody named Scott…. BTW, I also wish you congrats on your 25,000+ posts!

Regarding what Crystal said about giving Ohio hope. I’m pretty certain she said northwest Ohio. I believe she started out talking about how it’s become very depressed, like much of the country, and she thought her song gave the area hope. The Toledo area has been hurting for quite awhile, well before the recession hit the country. I would love to see “Holy Toledo” get released as a single. I loved it the first time I heard it.

libgirl2, I also was wondering how they're coming up with their cheese-song this year. Last year we kept hearing how it would be a song written (or co-written) by Kara. I've heard nothing this year. I wish they repeated what they did on season 7. Open it up to any composer and let people vote, and then let the F2 choose which of the top 10 songs they wanted to sing. Cookie's "Time of My Life" still plays on the radio. I think the only other coronation song I still hear on the radio is Kelly's "A Moment Like This."
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-20-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3908856;
    libgirl2, I also was wondering how they're coming up with their cheese-song this year. Last year we kept hearing how it would be a song written (or co-written) by Kara. I've heard nothing this year. I wish they repeated what they did on season 7. Open it up to any composer and let people vote, and then let the F2 choose which of the top 10 songs they wanted to sing. Cookie's "Time of My Life" still plays on the radio. I think the only other coronation song I still hear on the radio is Kelly's "A Moment Like This."
    They are being pretty quiet about it, so it is either REALLY bad or they are changing it up this year. WE have had some clunkers!

I like Time of my Life alot.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3908722;
    Lee is more "commercial" than Crystal. I think he would be more willing to do what ever Idol tells him to do. Whereas Crystal has a baby, and he comes first. He's also the better singer. His performance of "Hallelujah" gave me chills for the first time this entire season.
    I agree with Beagle (several posts back). Definitely a matter of opinion! Many people on FORT do not like Lee’s singing. I think sometimes he sounds decent, but many times he makes me cringe. And I can't stand his version of "The Boxer" My 10 year old son thinks he’s a terrible singer!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908725;
    I would say the major Idol watchers are split about 60/40. 40% think Lee won the night and was fabulous. 60% think he was OK, but were stunned at the outright producer manipulation used in trying to make him look as good as possible.
    We see this 60% only in the media/blogs. But in the real world the pimpage factor works a great deal. A big part of the voting populationwill be swayed. Lee will win next week.

Did anyone hear Lee's comment to a hometown fan when he said something like "I'm going to try to win it!" It really struck me in a negative way. I can't quite put my finger on it. I mean, he's supposed to be this humble guy, but that comment sounded way too competitive. Sort of like "I'm going to crush my opponent next week!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3908903;
    Did anyone hear Lee's comment to a hometown fan when he said something like "I'm going to try to win it!" It really struck me in a negative way. I can't quite put my finger on it. I mean, he's supposed to be this humble guy, but that comment sounded way too competitive. Sort of like "I'm going to crush my opponent next week!"

Didn't see or hear what you interpreted in any size, shape or form.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I again don't care which one wins. I like them both. Equally.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3908903;
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess. I've been after Crystal because she doesn't act like she even cares about winning (or being there) and you are after Lee for wanting to win. The judges have been after Lee all season for not looking like he thinks he can win and now that he's gaining some confidence it rubs some people the wrong way?

The diversity in opinions are fun, right?

famita... I agree. I'll like either winner this year because they're both talented. And their styles/sound are similar enough that there's no dichotomy like Carrie/Bo, Rueben/Clay, Taylor/Katherine, Fantasia/Diana, Kris/Adam, Cookie/Archie, etc.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-20-2010 at 10:13 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread