+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 Results show *Spoilers*

Congrats on the 25,000 posts, Unklescott! I've enjoyed all of the ones I've had the pleasure of reading! Thanks for being such a great moderator and keeping us up-to-date on goings-on, as well as posting all the great performances on idol and their original counterparts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3908653;
    I just realized that it was almost exactly 7 years ago (5/21/03) that I made my first post during the AI-2 finale. Such innocence 25,000 posts ago.
    Wow - 25,000 posts and you haven't become jaded? Here's to 25,000 more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908637;
    So, let's deal with this. Last night Lee gets the pimp spot (and the lights, fog, choir, orchestra). Tonight Lee gets the last video package with the most emotional edit.

Coincidence?
    I thought they did the Hometown packages in that order because that was last night's performance order. And honestly, I found all of the package edits to be pretty emotional. Casey with the hospital staff, Crystal was crying later about "Holy Toledo" being used, and Lee in the paint store was just genuinely overwhelmed.

If this is a push for either contestant to win, I don't quite get what the goal is. Does it seem like they are pushing for Lee ... or are they pushing for Crystal by making her fans think she's the underdog?

My opinion is that Lee is/was actually the underdog and they are hoping to even things up and just stimulate more votes instead of everyone feeling that Crystal is a shoo-in.

I knew from the beginning that Crystal would be one of the F2 and she deserves it. I am surprised and thrilled that Lee is one of the finalists, and at this point, I hope he wins, because winning will mean more to him ... in my opinion.

ETA: I just realized while I was posting, I'm MEL was responding somewhat similarly.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-19-2010 at 11:41 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3908669;
    I'm there only in spirit. I actually live in Dublin.
    Ah! Home of the Dublin Core Metadata initiative. Your town is famous among archivists and computer nerds around the world.

(Unless you lived in Dublin Ireland which would be even more impressive.)

FORT Regular

I love Crystal, Lee and Casey but I am happy that Crystal and Lee are in the final 2. Casey will be just fine, his future secure - he's an awesome musician and has a great voice and of course he has the looks. I think the music industry is due for an artist like Casey. I know I will buy his album.

Casey is Bucky Covington 2.0 and Bucky has done just fine for himself. Casey will also.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908706;
    Ah! Home of the Dublin Core Metadata initiative. Your town is famous among archivists and computer nerds around the world.
    OCLC is not far from my home.

Yes Virgina there is a Santa Claus. Thinks to everyone's spoilers I can skip the Bieber kid and his bowl cut. I can actually watch the finale because Casey is gone.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3908567;
    I'd rather put forks through my eyeballs and up my ear canals than watch and listen to Bieber. Ugh.

-------

Blah blah, Season 10. Blah blah. Jersey City auditions? Geez. How the heck did THAT happen?

Wow. they are letting through a little of one of Crystal's actual original songs. Amazing. They actually have to pay her MONEY for that, I bet!
    Ahahahahahahaha! i didn't see the show tonight and I'm reading through this thread. This made me LAUGH Out LOud! Too funny! I have to see if I can't watch the whole show online somewhere. Thanks, everyone, for the great writing!

FORT Fan

Listening to Justin Bieber for the first time. Actually, he is not that bad. Much better than some of the adult guest performers we have had on the show.

Travis Garland is better than Justin Timberlake? Time will tell. Don't care for JT's music. But he certainly is a great entertainer. Who was that girl who was dancing with Travis Garland?... Katherine McPhee?? LOL!

Lee's package (the homecoming package people) did seem edited to highlight the emotional aspect. Unless he was a mush during the entire visit, then it is understandable. Crystal was hiding behind her little camera and did not let the emotion get her. May be on purpose, may be not. Missed Casey's package. Tuned in just before Travis segment.

Lee's overreaction when he was announced safe was off-putting. Casey seemed content to go home. I think he just gave up competing a few weeks ago.

Lee is more "commercial" than Crystal. I think he would be more willing to do what ever Idol tells him to do. Whereas Crystal has a baby, and he comes first. He's also the better singer. His performance of "Hallelujah" gave me chills for the first time this entire season.

+ Reply to Thread