+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Performance *Spoilers*

Re: 5/18 Show Performance *Spoilers*

UGH! The judges picked a sleeper for Casey. Yes, it was better than his first performance. Yes, I still think he's sexy but it was forgettable. Sure! he could bring in the dollars just because of his looks. Ho hum, he'd be like many other commercial artists out there.

Heck, a vote for him would be based on looks more so than talent.

FORT Regular

The daughter says swarmy means that he doesn't come across as sincere to her. She thinks he is fake. She says he seems to love music but that it comes across as he is pretending to be shy as he loves the attention.

That said . . . as an introvert myself, I think I would come across like Lee. I would love the attention but be TOTALLY uncomfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3907298;
    It is better, but I think Casey is Casey..... he is who he is . Talented of course, the guy plays a mean guitar, decent enough singer, but as a performer he is kind of "meh"
    Agree, I think he will only be successful if he finds a band that can harness his playing with some limited singing.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3907298;
    It is better, but I think Casey is Casey..... he is who he is . Talented of course, the guy plays a mean guitar, decent enough singer, but as a performer he is kind of "meh"
    Well said. Performance is meh. Singing mediocre.

FORT Fogey

Crystal Bowersox - Maybe I'm Amazed

Good song - but what is she going to do with all that "Maybe I'm a man..." stuff in the middle? Crystal does the number sans guitar! Starts on the side stairs and walks out. This is great - she lays down the vocal power! BUT - what's up with the sound? I'm hearing distortion on the loud notes. And she ends softly. THAT, ladies and gentleman, was an IDOL MOMENT!

Randy: Somebody else is in it to win it!
    Ellen: Couldn't have asked for more.
    Kara: Didn't change it much but we heard things in your voice we've never heard before! And no guitar - a lot of risk.
    Simon: Wasn't sure about the song choice, but now I get it. Ellen may have put you in the finals.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-18-2010 at 08:47 PM.

FORT Regular

YES!!! Just the first few notes and Crystal has me happy I'm spending this hour watching AI. Thanks Ellen! Good pick!

That's what I'm talking about!

Ellen gave Crystal a Gender UnSwitchable song. Go figure.

Trying to decide on my reaction here. Not sure. I didn't hate it. If I didn't love it, its more a limitation of the repetitive nature of the song. Overall it was far more good than bad though, and guitarless worked here.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Liked the begining of Crystal's song. But singing "maybe I'm a Man" 4 times in a lost it. She sound good, but it came off too repetitive.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread