+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 5/18 Show Performance *Spoilers*

Re: 5/18 Show Performance *Spoilers*

All that was missing from the Lee major pimpage was fireworks during Hallelujah. Im actually surprised they didn't have homeless kids release doves from cages after he hit his final note. Simon, we get it! Lee is a just poor paint store employee with a heart of gold, who really really deserves a break.

Totally spot on.

I'm just speechless after watching last night.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3908257;
    ... Nobody this year has had a single moment anywhere close to "Mad World".
    Very true. Of course, Mad World is a pretty high bar. Even so, for me, no one this season has come close to touching any of these performances from last season:

Papa Was A Rolling Stone (Allison)
    Tracks of My Tears (Adam)
    Ain't No Sunshine (Kris)
    Come Rain or Come Shine (Danny)
    Someone To Watch Over Me (Allison)
    Whole Lotta Love (Adam)
    Heartless (Kris)

And that's just off the top of my head. I still listen to these iTunes downloads all the time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3908179;
    I dunno. I'm not convinced that Lee had nothing to do with the over-done production of the song, given his penchant for bagpipes in a previous performance. Regardless who is to blame for the production, Lee's vocal rendition of the song was tone deaf to the meaning of the lyrics. This is a poignant, literate and heart-breaking song, and Lee smashed through it like a mack truck.
    --
    I totally agree with you, pillbeam. Lee's approach to song interpretation reminds me of intro to The Six Million Dollar Man - he's going to make it better than it was before (the original song) - louder, bigger, with strange and incongruent orchestrations. He thinks he has to pull out all the stops on these profoundly emotional songs by taking what is written as something with a simple melody and quiet accompaniments where the lyrics are the star and totally overshadow the lyrics and meaning with his forced vocals and whatever else (fortunately, no kitchen sink...yet).

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908295;
    Even so, for me, no one this season has come close to touching any of these performances from last season:

Papa Was A Rolling Stone (Allison)
    Tracks of My Tears (Adam)
    Ain't No Sunshine (Kris)
    Come Rain or Come Shine (Danny)
    Someone To Watch Over Me (Allison)
    Whole Lotta Love (Adam)
    Heartless (Kris)

And that's just off the top of my head. I still listen to these iTunes downloads all the time.
    You are so right! Last night all during the show, I kept thinking, "I miss Adam, Kris, and Allison!"

+ Reply to Thread