+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 5/12 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3901594;
    I doubt she's going anywhere, but Lordy, if she went home, I would just not care about the next two weeks...

Crystal is a rare find and is what this rather lackluster season will be remembered for.
    Almost cried when Crystal's name was announced.
    Feeling sorry for Mike. He is a great vocalist. But overexposed.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3901603;
    If Lee wins this, I pity the reporters that will have to interview him and write down what he says. And make some kind of sense out of it.
    He isn't the most articulate contestant they've ever had, is he?

What the....? Why are they making me listen to Fantasia? Thank goodness for DVRs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Casey is safe! The judges have underestimated and unappreciated his solid skills as a singer and musician for weeks. This is the first time I've seen a contestant so underestimated by the judges reach the Top 3. I kept fearing that their negativity would wear off on voters, as it has with past judge-under-appreciated contestants.

My wish is to see Casey and Crystal in the finals, so they can jam together with their complementary bluesy vocals and guitar playing.

---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I almost got my life back.....if Crystal would have been voted off I would have stopped watching this show. Poor Mike, but it was time. Well past time, actually. There was no "bottom" anything....Ryan really stressed "no particular order" several times.

I just thought of something.....the mentor didn't perform! Jamie Foxx didn't sing tonight! Fine by me. I wasn't crazy about his performance last year and his mentoring didn't do much this year. Jon Bon Jovi could be a mentor [if they have this show next year].

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3901634;
    Casey is safe! The judges have underestimated and unappreciated his solid skills as a singer and musician for weeks. This is the first time I've seen a contestant so underestimated by the judges reach the Top 3. I kept fearing that their negativity would wear off on voters, as it has with past judge-under-appreciated contestants.

My wish is to see Casey and Crystal in the finals, so they can jam together with their complementary bluesy vocals and guitar playing.

---
    Yup...to all that!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3901635;
    I almost got my life back.....if Crystal would have been voted off I would have stopped watching this show. Poor Mike, but it was time. Well past time, actually. There was no "bottom" anything....Ryan really stressed "no particular order" several times.

I just thought of something.....the mentor didn't perform! Jamie Foxx didn't sing tonight! Fine by me. I wasn't crazy about his performance last year and his mentoring didn't do much this year. Jon Bon Jovi could be a mentor [if they have this show next year].
    I'd have preferred Jamie over Fantasia.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3901638;
    I don't care for either, but I have to say that this wasn't a bad song for her. I think she's on a more focused course than the last time I saw her on Idol. (That performance was a train wreck, IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3901638;

I was never a Fantasia fan ... didn't care for the tone of her voice at all, she always sounded a little on the cartoonish side for me.

However, since the Judges always fawned over her, I tried to see why. The only thing I came up with for me that was positive ... she was always in key, never pitchy ... I haven't seen the show yet, does that still hold true?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3901535;
    Once more Casey skates by on his hair...

Although to be fair, it was one of Casey's less terrible performances last night, even if it was still weird and unnatural coming from him.

If Casey isn't even bottom 2, I imagine that's Lee and Big Mike (unless Team Crystal finally didn't all show up on the phones).

I imagine that a Casey vs. Crystal final is actually possible, because it would be all the people voting for sex appeal and hair vs. those voting for performance.

Ryan said ... "in no particular order" ... so we won't know who bottom 2 are .... only the dearly departed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3901578;
    Order, yes.

But there's still a "bottom 2" right?

Unless "no order" is also supposed to mean that there is no bottom 2, only a bottom 1, and the other person left didn't necessarily get the 2nd to least votes?
    Again, while there was surely a bottom 2 tonight ... it wasn't announced and was left a mystery.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-12-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread