+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3900377;
    When Casey started singing, I thought for sure it was Tiny Tim.
    Oh wow. That's what came to my mind immediately and I thought it was just me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3900475;
    wait, no text voting tonight? I just sent 2 text votes to the 2 different numbers for a contestant, and I got error messages on both! I must not have paid attention well at the end.

eta: false alarm...punched in the numbers incorrectly. Note to self - no texting without glasses!
    I'm MEL ... I believe you can only text vote to the first number and not to both numbers for one contestant. You can call in to either number because it is supposed to "help you get through" per Ryan.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3900676;
    Portia de Rossi. Pretty top shelf as women go too (although apparently she's a vegan--blech).
    Quite a step up from that nut job Anne Heche I'd say!

I've really stopped watching this show this season. I watched the first few shows but that was it.
    Crystal does have an interesting voice but I just can't past the visual to appreciate her talent.
    I saw the last few minutes before Glee came on & I noticed nothing has changed. AI is still as predicable as it used to be.
    I enjoyed watching The ffice reuns instead; at least I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl;3900376;
    Meh. That was a pretty disappointing Final 4 show, considering that I like 3 of the 4 contestants. It was almost like none of them really want to win this thing. How odd.
    Well, Crystal maybe but yeah, it felt very very lackluster to me as well. I got all of my laundry done and some other chores...

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl;3900376;
    Boo to Randy for bringing up the Mrs. Robinson reference. Tacky. As much as I love Casey he totally brought that on himself. Not the smartest move, but then again Hollyweird works in mysterious ways....so maybe it could be.
    It makes people remember Casey over Mike so it might just be a sly move after all...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3900981;
    It makes people remember Casey over Mike so it might just be a sly move after all...

I don't know; using Mrs Robinson as a "cougar call" to rally one's fan base smacks of desperation to me. Still, such ploys have worked in the past; like Kristy Lee Cook's God Bless the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3900405;

This is the man who decided it was fun to "boo" Simon everytime his name is said by Seacrest. Randy is ALL class, yes.

See? I knew I couldn't be the only one who is incredibly, absolutely, completely sick to death of hearing Randy's immature "booing" every time Simon is introduced. I want to reach through the television screen and slap him until he shuts his stupid mouth!

As long as I'm on a rant... is anyone else sick of seeing Michael Lynch's stupid little "toddler wave" that he always gives? It just seems ridiculous to me when I see that huge man waggling his fingers like a two year old waving "bye-bye." I started out being a big Mike fan, but after watching all the mugging that he does and various other things that seem to irritate me way more than they should, now I'd just like him to go home.

I like Lee, sour notes and all, but he still seems so uncomfortable on stage. I just can't see him ever becoming a huge star.

Crystal, on the other hand, seems so at ease on stage. She's been my favorite from the beginning and I hope she wins it all.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3901063;
    See? I knew I couldn't be the only one who is incredibly, absolutely, completely sick to death of hearing Randy's immature "booing" every time Simon is introduced. I want to reach through the television screen and slap him until he shuts his stupid mouth!
    Randy, who is a close friend of Simon, has been "booing" him for years to amp up the cheesy judges banter. It's a rif on the old "Perils of Pauline" silent movie setup when the audiences were cued to boo the "villain" (in this case, Simon). It's about time the producers gave Randy more current schtick to do.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3901063;
    As long as I'm on a rant... is anyone else sick of seeing Michael Lynch's stupid little "toddler wave" that he always gives? It just seems ridiculous to me when I see that huge man waggling his fingers like a two year old waving "bye-bye."
    Me! If I get my wish, he'll be waving bye-bye for good tonight. But, probably not. I have a bad feeling that it'll be Casey going.

Speaking of, I could barely hear Casey during his duet with Mike. Nice guitar playing, though.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3901135;
    Me! If I get my wish, he'll be waving bye-bye for good tonight. But, probably not. I have a bad feeling that it'll be Casey going.

Speaking of, I could barely hear Casey during his duet with Mike. Nice guitar playing, though.
    The judges really want a finale with Lee and Crystal, so it was no surprise that those two were paired together in the duet.

If I were Casey it would be a relief to go home tonight.

+ Reply to Thread