+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3900335;
    Simon really phoned it in tonight. He doesn't know what the movie Free Willy is about, doesn't know that he shouldn't tell a guy to sing a song to his willy, and doesn't know what the movie the Graduate is about or who Mrs. Robinson is. Come on Simon, at least pretend you researched the approved song list.
    Then he complains about not knowing the songs!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I guess Jamie Foxx is out of the running for Simon's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3900342;
    I am a fan of Casey's, but I have to say that if he didn't want to hear remarks of that nature, he should never have picked that song!
    You make a good point.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3900209;
    Crystal and Lee - Falling Slowly

Ok, they are treading on sacred ground here. They are doing a fine job on the song - but there is zero feeling. They took a tender bittersweet love song and made it into a shouty power ballad.
    Randy: Great song by two great singers.
    Ellen: You're the new Captian and Tenile.
    Kara: One of my favorite moments of the season. You brought out the best in both of you.
    Simon: A fantastic song.
    Thank you for that comment! I am running behind, but when they started the turn-taking arrangement, then the screamfest, I was appalled. Then hearing the judges' comments, I was downright insulted! I thought that duet was just awful on every level, so I had to check in here to see if I was losing my mind. And I like both Lee and Crystal! Shocking and disappointing.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3900316;
    The whole Mrs. Robinson stuff ticked me off big time..... enough already. I could tell Casey was not liking it.
    Haven't seen the show yet, but I like to read the spoilers ahead of time. In the real world, comments about things like this could be considered sexual harassment. Maybe somebody should mention that to Randy. They should also mention to Randy that he's an idiot, just on general principles.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3900334;
    I think he is too much of a gentleman.... and he doesn't want to tick off the judges. But I would like him to say "kiss off"
    Same here!

And on another note, I thought the Casey and Mike duet sounded really good. Casey's guitar playing was fantastic!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Meh. That was a pretty disappointing Final 4 show, considering that I like 3 of the 4 contestants. It was almost like none of them really want to win this thing. How odd.

My guess is the final 3 will be decided by Mike's fan base or Casey's fan base. (Aren't I brilliant--lol) I am sure both of them want it, but that didn't come across with the performances they gave tonight.

The duets were just alright but last year Adam and Allison's Free Ride totally surpassed what we saw/listened to this evening. Blah.

ETA:

Boo to Randy for bringing up the Mrs. Robinson reference. Tacky. As much as I love Casey he totally brought that on himself. Not the smartest move, but then again Hollyweird works in mysterious ways....so maybe it could be.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

When Casey started singing, I thought for sure it was Tiny Tim.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3900351;
    I guess Jamie Foxx is out of the running for Simon's replacement.
    If the producers of Idol have any real understanding of what a useless piece of work Foxx is, he wouldn't have been asked back again. Clearly they are blinded by his celebrity. If they REALLY thought they could get him to commit to the show? I bet they'd ask. And we'd suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl;3900376;
    Boo to Randy for bringing up the Mrs. Robinson reference. Tacky.
    This is the man who decided it was fun to "boo" Simon everytime his name is said by Seacrest. Randy is ALL class, yes.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Jamie Foxx mentoring tonight

1. Lee - Kiss From A Rose - yet another song that needs to be taken out of the Idol playbook, I truly hate this song. Hit a rough note. Okay performance, but not my favorite.

2. Michael - Will You Be There - boring

3. Lee & Crystal duet - Falling Slowly - I like it. Their voices are good together.

4. Casey - Mrs Robinson - interesting song choice. Love the ukelele. Definitely better than last week, I kinda liked it....well after I laughed.

5. Crystal - I'm All Right - wow, a song never heard on the show. Interesting arrangement. I kind of like it. She is rocking it tonight. I disagree with Kara and Ellen, though. I don't think it was better than the original.

6. Casey & Mike duet - Have You Really Ever Loved A Woman - I like it.

The duets rocked it tonight. I would love for Mike to go home but it could just as easily be Casey. As long as it is not Lee or Crystal I will be fine.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread