+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3895293;
    All I can say is I'm very glad I had the remote in my hand and something interesting on another channel to watch during that performance.
    Apparently Lady Gaga is furious with Idol. They recut her performance and she claims totally ruined it. (see her twitter): Lady Gaga (ladygaga) on Twitter

And actually... while I usually think such claims are total ego... in this case she may have a point.

Here's the unedited performance and... it IS indeed VERY different.

Lady GaGa - Alejandro & Bad Romance live on American Idol - PerezTV

Some may still hate it, but its fair for her to say that Idol cut it significantly (by at least a minute and a half) and did change the flow of it a lot. For comparison... here's how it aired.

YouTube - Lady Gaga Live on American Idol: Alejandro (HD)!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3896090;
    1. Yes. This is my same opinion of Lee
    2. No. Remember Angela Martin? My favorite auditioner was Jermaine Purifoy. That's not the Jermaine they chose for the top 24. That Jermaine was Jermaine Sellers.
    3. I think most or all people are becoming more bored of AI

Also from Reality:
    2. No. Remember Angela Martin? My favorite auditioner was Jermaine Purifoy. That's not the Jermaine they chose for the top 24. That Jermaine was Jermaine Sellers.
    Perhaps we were separated at birth because I often find myself nodding my head at your posts. I seriously though all the spoilers were wrong because Jermaine P. was so talented he knocked my socks off.

From KennyLuv:
    "I agree. Angela Martin (and Thaddeus Johnson) were robbed of their opportunity while some pathetic singers made it to top 24. Kara and Simon are very candid about what they are looking for. Someone who has a unique tone and will sound great on radio... to hell with vocal talent! "

Doesn't that just grate your nerves to no end? EVERY season come "top 20something sit in the chair results time" I find myself furiously yelling at the judges because of their obvious stupidity and/or deafness. And the rare time that they do put someone in with amazing talent they suffer because of lack of exposure in the audition process WARNING RANT: (it's always something with these producers...have they not realized that folks have babies all the time? or that young contestants will likely have a grandparent who happens to be, um, OLD? If someone has fought cancer or volunteers a good amount of their time to charity then I'd be happy (and inspired) to hear about that, but don't base half the show on ridiculous stories designed to pimp particular contestants.)

Okay, I'm done.

FORT Fan

Mary Powers was good singer with a big powerful voice and should have been in the top 24. She also had an interesting personality (mean or not). Instead we got Alex from that group who can't sing more than two words at a stretch without pausing. The clip of the group rehearsal where Mary wants everyone to improvise something, Alex standing like a brick wall and Mary yelling was hilarious.

+ Reply to Thread