+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

Questions:
    1. Does anyone else think Lee is just a lesser version of David Cook? Everytime I watch I think "wow, he kinda reminds me of David Cook, but David is about 20x better."
    2. Is this really the best vocal talent they could find this year...none of these singers impress me like Adam Lambert, Kris, and other recent finalists.
    3. How many people are becoming increasingly bored with AI? I used to get so excited about this show and the past few seasons (with the exception of the top 5 (minus this year for me)) have left me a bit blah. In fact, I kind of just fast forward through most of the show these days.

Side note:
    I think a strong vocal coach needs to get his/her hands on both Aaron and Siobhan and we could see great things from them both in the future!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3895813;
    Questions:
    1. Does anyone else think Lee is just a lesser version of David Cook? Everytime I watch I think "wow, he kinda reminds me of David Cook, but David is about 20x better."
    2. Is this really the best vocal talent they could find this year...none of these singers impress me like Adam Lambert, Kris, and other recent finalists.
    3. How many people are becoming increasingly bored with AI? I used to get so excited about this show and the past few seasons (with the exception of the top 5 (minus this year for me)) have left me a bit blah. In fact, I kind of just fast forward through most of the show these days.

Side note:
    I think a strong vocal coach needs to get his/her hands on both Aaron and Siobhan and we could see great things from them both in the future!

1. I actually think Lee has a better voice than David Cook. I like David and glad he won, but don't compare him to Lee.

2. There have been plenty of good ones to choose from this year. I do think some of the better ones left too soon though.

3. Still not bored here.

FORT Fogey

Questions:

Side note:
    1. Yes. This is my same opinion of Lee
    2. No. Remember Angela Martin? My favorite auditioner was Jermaine Purifoy. That's not the Jermaine they chose for the top 24. That Jermaine was Jermaine Sellers.
    3. I think most or all people are becoming more bored of AI

FORT Fan

I agree. Angela Martin (and Thaddeus Johnson) were robbed of their opportunity while some pathetic singers made it to top 24. Kara and Simon are very candid about what they are looking for. Someone who has a unique tone and will sound great on radio... to hell with vocal talent! And they also put through a bunch of contestants who IMO did not have a unique tone nor great vocal talent. May be the judges thought that they will look pretty on TV. To me their theory sounds like they were looking for a beautiful canvas with some paint dabbled on it. They weren't looking for the greatest painting.

For the first time since I started watching AI five seasons ago, last night I turned on the TV ten minutes into the program and then muted it when I got a phone call at 9:30 and the call lasted past AI. Normally I will the let the phone go to voicemail during AI. Yes, I am losing interest and acting on it too.

I don't see Crystal as talking back either. I liken AI to a manager or employer. Where I work if you disagree about a procedure or think somethng is wrong you speak up. You don;t just blindly let someone lead you down the wrong path.

The judges are just judges they are not the know all and be all of the music industry. Crystal is the one who has to live in the musical choices she makes not the judges.

It's a good thing most of those that got voted off are gone. There is not one of them ready for the cruel world of the music biz. The business would eat them up and spit them out and they would willingly fall into it. They don't have the grit and confidence to speak up when they have a valid opinion. Mike and Crystal have that ability.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3895304;
    The issue of Crystal talking back to the judges was brought up in an interview with the Top 5 after their 5/4 Sinatra night show. I love her answer.

'Idol's' Top 5 talk Sinatra night | Idol Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Quote:
    Crystal, you've talked back to the judges two weeks in a row. What's motivating that?
    Crystal: It's called having a conversation. They're people, I'm gonna talk to them like people, I'm not gonna be like, "Oooh, they're judges" and cower in fear. They say something, it's just like having a conversation, not like they're aliens from another planet. I don't know, I really feel strongly that all people are equal, like I'm not gonna put someone up on a pedestal because of their job. I just feel like I can talk to them. They're people.
    You go girl!
    As I've previously said, I've always seen it as an artistic discussion/conversation and not talking back.

Talking back? Anyone remember when Josh Gracin challenged Simon to come up on the stage and match push-ups with him?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Questions:

Side note:
    Well put! I agree with all, especially the bolded part. The only exception is that I think Crystal Bowersox is a rare find... a jewel... and no matter how it all turns out, will remain one of my favorite Idol contestants ever!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3896090;
    1. Yes. This is my same opinion of Lee
    2. No. Remember Angela Martin? My favorite auditioner was Jermaine Purifoy. That's not the Jermaine they chose for the top 24. That Jermaine was Jermaine Sellers.
    3. I think most or all people are becoming more bored of AI
    That still just blows my mind. Did we only see Jermaine Purifoy when he was singing well (very well, I might add), and he tanked other times? Or did he spit in somebody's ice cream?

In comparison, I never thought Jermaine Sellers was very good at all. Until we actually saw Jermaine Purifoy get the boot, I was sure somebody had their spoiler information mixed up and listed the wrong Jermaine.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3896125;
    I agree. Angela Martin (and Thaddeus Johnson) were robbed of their opportunity while some pathetic singers made it to top 24. Kara and Simon are very candid about what they are looking for. Someone who has a unique tone and will sound great on radio... to hell with vocal talent! And they also put through a bunch of contestants who IMO did not have a unique tone nor great vocal talent. May be the judges thought that they will look pretty on TV. To me their theory sounds like they were looking for a beautiful canvas with some paint dabbled on it. They weren't looking for the greatest painting.

Agree. First off, they really want a girl to win... hence the "year of the girl". Secondly, I think they were really looking for someone in the vein of Adele or Duffy, talented, quirky and cute. So alot of girls who didn't fit that mold (Angela Martin) were let go and as for the men, they hoped to have no really threat to the girls. Well we see what happened....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Jermaine Purifoy, Thaddeus Johnson, Ben Honeycutt, Angela Martin, and Jeff Goldford are all good and should have been in the top 24. Unfortunately, the last two can't re-audition because they will be over the age limit. Joe Munoz, the best vocalist among the guys who made it was eliminated first because he was not given any face time to develop any fans. Nobody knew anything about him unlike Mike Lynche who was pimped to the max during the auditions.

+ Reply to Thread