+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 143

Thread: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3895129;
    I agree - this is the right Final Four.
    Me too.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  2. #102
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3895187;
    Jamie Foxx is the mentor for movie week next week.
    The one thing I do like with this group we have had some surprise song selections..... so hopefully we won't get the same old same old movie songs!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #103
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3895156;
    maybe if Casey was a little more secure in his vocals then he would not sound so crappy. I have no idea when confidence and knowledge of yourself became arrogant. I have not seen one thing Mike has done to be considered arrogant.

    Casey looked clueless when he was singing last night and it showed in his performance. the only ones left that even know who they are and what Genre they belong in is Crystal and Mike. I think Lee is getting there. The rest are gone because they became timid and afraid to actually show some talent.
    It's a funny thing, but in my opinion, and it is just my opinion, it's not specific things that BM does, but just the way he presents. He comes off (to me) like a big guy with an ego to match. There are facial expressions, and just a general attitude that makes it seem like he thinks he has a lock on things. It's funny, because to me it doesn't show as "confidence" but more ... I don't know ... superiority? In contrast, Crystal's questioning shows as artistic confidence. With Mike my Grandma would have called it a "holier than thou" attitude.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  4. #104
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,475

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Whew! I am happy that Casey was safe tonight. If you Texans are voting for him, I thank you!! Yep, he was not comfortable with that genre and it showed. I still love his voice and glad he will be there next week.

    As for Harry, OMG!! I love that dude and will jump on the Harry for judge bandwagon. Am not a fan of his type of music but he is just so damn charming and hilarious to boot. That clip of his mentoring was priceless.

    Aaron had a nice run and will be successful in country music and could possibly sell more albums than the winner this year. Country music fans are pretty darn loyal and supportive. Maybe he will become the Justin Beiber of country music and I wouldn't be surprised if that is how he is marketed.

    I am excited for next week, just to see Jamie Foxx again. IMO he did an excellent job last year.

    I am happy with the Top 4, as 3 of my choices are there. My prediction skills are improving~~woohoo!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3895199;
    It's a funny thing, but in my opinion, and it is just my opinion, it's not specific things that BM does, but just the way he presents. He comes off (to me) like a big guy with an ego to match. There are facial expressions, and just a general attitude that makes it seem like he thinks he has a lock on things. It's funny, because to me it doesn't show as "confidence" but more ... I don't know ... superiority? In contrast, Crystal's questioning shows as artistic confidence. With Mike my Grandma would have called it a "holier than thou" attitude.
    Or maybe Mike is being Stereotyped for being Big. I liken it to tv networks not wanting to show a larger women in a Lane Bryant bra. We have pre concieved notions on it and don't bother to see anything else.

    When I have watched this show every time someone is voted off or cries Mike is there with a hug.

    If Mike was arrogant I would say so. I am an excellent judge of arrogance because I am,lol. Mike is far from arrogant he is a big guy who can't catch a break from fans. Big Mike is large so he is fits the stereotype.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3895199;
    It's a funny thing, but in my opinion, and it is just my opinion, it's not specific things that BM does, but just the way he presents. He comes off (to me) like a big guy with an ego to match. There are facial expressions, and just a general attitude that makes it seem like he thinks he has a lock on things. It's funny, because to me it doesn't show as "confidence" but more ... I don't know ... superiority? In contrast, Crystal's questioning shows as artistic confidence. With Mike my Grandma would have called it a "holier than thou" attitude.
    your post had me giggle a bit because I could have written the same thing... only I would have switched BigMike's name for Crystal and Crystal's for BigMike. ... LOL
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  7. #107
    Decompressing Juls2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl;3895200;
    As for Harry, OMG!! I love that dude and will jump on the Harry for judge bandwagon. Am not a fan of his type of music but he is just so damn charming and hilarious to boot. That clip of his mentoring was priceless.

    !
    Ditto! The man has the personality and the talent to be an amazing judge and keep the show very interesting and fresh. My vote is for Harry! And seeing him weekly would be a huge plus ...

  8. #108
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3895183;
    Songs from the Movies mentored by Jamie Foxx.

    Which is funny since two weeks ago we had songs from Space Jam, Prince of Egypt, and Spiderman.
    Jamie Foxx as a mentor is more like "Nightmare on Elm Street".

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  9. #109
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3895210;
    Or maybe Mike is being Stereotyped for being Big. I liken it to tv networks not wanting to show a larger women in a Lane Bryant bra. We have pre concieved notions on it and don't bother to see anything else.

    When I have watched this show every time someone is voted off or cries Mike is there with a hug.

    If Mike was arrogant I would say so. I am an excellent judge of arrogance because I am,lol. Mike is far from arrogant he is a big guy who can't catch a break from fans. Big Mike is large so he is fits the stereotype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3895213;
    your post had me giggle a bit because I could have written the same thing... only I would have switched BigMike's name for Crystal and Crystal's for BigMike. ... LOL
    See? It's all in the perception.

    MsDiva, My opinion really has nothing to do with Mike's size except maybe early on. Didn't he pick Ryan up? Wasn't that rather presumptuous for a contestant, not to mention a tad rude? Didn't he also call Simon out? I guess he exudes a sense of entitlement rather than gratitude and some humility. He has also accepted the very stereotypical role of the big protector teddy bear.

    BonbonloverAgain, it's just how we see things. I guess I may have some of Crystal's type confidence or arrogance if you wish and that's why I see it differently. With her, she (like me) understands that the judges probably know more about music marketing and production ... but she knows more about Crystal.
    Mike seems more like he thinks he knows more about everything.


    In any case, if we didn't all have different opinions, contests like AI wouldn't exist.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 5/5 Results Show *Spoilers*

    I really don't think anyone on this show is arrogant. But I really don't understand why some contestants regularly talk back to the judges even when they get mostly positive comments and are not called arrogant and contestants who are the first to offer a hug and encouraging words to the eliminees are called arrogant. It makes no sense at all. Crystal and Siobhan are horrible at accepting criticism and always seem to try and defend their decisions. I wouldn't say that that makes them arrogant. They just cannot take criticism well. I don't know why one would be inclined to make assumptions based on a facial expression or something like that.
    I am excited for next week. I do wish Casey was gone instead of Aaron though. I hope the kids take risks and choose something different than we've seen before.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.