+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: 5/4 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2;3894416;
    On another note, I just wish Crystal would listen and learn from Simon's criticism - he is just trying to help her grow as an artist for a successful career. She really comes across to me as someone not very humble, not open to learning and thinks she already knows it all ... not a good thing.
    I let some of her explanations go in the past, but last night really bothered me. Like you said, Simon is trying to help her and she needs to learn to listen to it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'd love to replace those useless lumps of nothingness known as Kara and Randy with somebody like Harry Connick Jr., who has more talent in his pinky than Kara will ever possess. I'm so sick of her nasty, smug comments (yeah, Casey sucked last night, but comparing his vibrato to a sheep is hardly constructive) and Randy's incessant "Yo, dawg" and teeth sucking. At the very least, Harry should be brought back to mentor every year. He's incredible.

Loved Crystal and Lee last night! If they aren't final two, I'll be so disappointed. Casey I like, but he tanked last night. He's just not that versatile. Aaron bores. And I can't bear to listen to "I sound the same every freakin' week" Mike and his lack of enunciation. I usually change the channel when he's on.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3894431;
    I'd love to replace those useless lumps of nothingness known as Kara and Randy with somebody like Harry Connick Jr., who has more talent in his pinky than Kara will ever possess. I'm so sick of her nasty, smug comments (yeah, Casey sucked last night, but comparing his vibrato to a sheep is hardly constructive) and Randy's incessant "Yo, dawg" and teeth sucking. At the very least, Harry should be brought back to mentor every year. He's incredible.
    I completely agree. Randy and Kara are useless and don't bring anything to the table. Never saw the need for either of them. Next season is going to suck without Simon there
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Casey is leaving tonight, and I am done with AI from here on out. It is obvious that the judges want Crystal and Lee in the finale. I have nothing against either of them, so I wish them well.

The singers this season just have not been able to hold my interest like in past seasons. There are/were only a few that kept me tuning in each week, and now they will all be gone once Casey leaves tonight.

Casey's nerves got the best of him last night. No doubt about it. I think that he knew this was a "do or die" week for him. However, there was no need for Kara and Simon to ridicule him last night. I can't stand Kara and Simon, well ......

Best of luck to you Casey. I am sure that it will be a relief in a way when you leave tonight.

It's clearly obvious to me that the judges are pimping Lee for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2;3894416;
    Totally agree and historically person voted out at #5 has been some shockers (I think both Chris Daughtry & Jennifer Hudson were voted out at #5). I think the judges wanted to ensure Crystal stuck around.

On another note, I just wish Crystal would listen and learn from Simon's criticism - he is just trying to help her grow as an artist for a successful career. She really comes across to me as someone not very humble, not open to learning and thinks she already knows it all ... not a good thing.
    That might mean something if he'd given a cogent criticism this time. But I think this time it was a bag of nonsense. I've watched the performance again a few more times, and he was dead wrong. What she did made a ton of sense--and the soft sound building up to the grand finale is... exactly how Sinatra himself did it.

So if he didn't know that... Simon and his self-professed expertise on Sinatra totally failed him.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: "judges pimping Lee Dewyze to win." They aren't doing that to help him win, they are doing it to goose up the competition because Crystal has been so far ahead in the votes. It has nothing to do with whether the judges/ producers like Crystal or Lee. They've done this every year, picked someone to "pit" against the frontrunner because the ratings depend on there being a contest.

Regarding last night's performances, I must live on another planet, cuz I liked Casey's performance. I thought he brought his distinct, bluesy personality to the song and I enjoyed it very much.

Aron was off-key for half the song and boring during all of it.

Crystal did a solid job of re-interpreting the vocal style from Frank Sinatra's era. She is a true artist and deserves to win.

Lee sounded much better tonight vocally, but his interpretation wasn't particularly original.

Mike was great, this kind of singing is his forte.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3894539;
    That might mean something if he'd given a cogent criticism this time. But I think this time it was a bag of nonsense. I've watched the performance again a few more times, and he was dead wrong. What she did made a ton of sense--and the soft sound building up to the grand finale is... exactly how Sinatra himself did it.

So if he didn't know that... Simon and his self-professed expertise on Sinatra totally failed him.
    I agree.

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3894431;
    I barely paid attention to the performances but watched every second of the mentoring this week. Harry is awesome. I say we start a petition for him to be Simon's replacement. Getting rid of the others might be too much to wish for, but I'd reconsider watching another season of AI if I could see Harry every week.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Harry is by far the best mentor they've had on this show, I'd love to see him replace Simon. Great suggestion!

How about we replace Kara with Shania and Randy with Harry and just let Ellen speak every other contestant so she can crack a joke, look adorable, and call somebody great?

Oh and instead of guest performers during results show? We could just have Harry sing (I'm being serious, I'm a huge fan of his music).

I've decided that I'm watching a different show than most of those who post on forums or write articles about it for various sites because I didn't agree with what others were saying so let's start with....

Crystal: I thought it was bad, really bad, and completely lack luster. She's beginning to believe the judges hype about her and it's showing in lazy and "self-indulgent" performance after performance. Don't get too comfortable, dearie, there are still others in this competition who could take that title from you.

Aaron: And here is where I'm going to vastly differ from just about everybody else. I thought he did really good, I liked it. He looked like this adorable little kid trying to be all big man about that song and singing with the big boys. I thought his voice sounded good and I didn't get the judges comments at all.

Casey: I've never really gotten all the love he gets, his looks are sort of *GAGS* and his voice just about always sounds like he's bleating. Glad somebody finally said something about it. There have been a couple of songs where I thought he did fairly decent but not so good that I'd buy what he was selling.

Lee: I'm shallow, really I am. I can't get past his abnormally small hands to ever really pay attention to his vocals! All I do is stare at them and wonder why they look like they are three sizes too small for his body? Anyways.....I thought he did pretty good. When I can tear myself away from those hands of his, I generally like what he's doing vocally. However, that whole "I'm so shy and have no self-esteem" thing he does? Is getting old and I'm over it. Man up, find your backbone and start acting like a contender because I actually think he just might be.

Mike: I think he's going to win it and that will be the end of the Judge's Save. Ha, like they actually care. Long as somebody is making the group money, I don't think they really care who wins. But, he's doing his thing and doing it nicely. Not my type of music but I can admit that he has a nice voice.

Right now? I'm over this season, there isn't a single contestant whose album I would buy. In the beginning I was sure I'd be getting Lee's, Crystal's, and Siobhan's. That's a thing of the past, I'm just sort of watching now because I have nothing else to watch and because I can't quiet tear myself away from the train wreck this show has become.

+ Reply to Thread