+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 5/4 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Lets hope Crystal will be okay tomorrow. I would've thought Simon would give her a break this week. She's his Chosen One after all.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3894039;
    Lee: I am totally shocked at how he's rocking this song!!! WOW!!! This one of the few times I've really liked Lee. He showed his stuff tonight!!
    I think I'm going to vote for the first time this season... for Lee!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy;3894049;
    As much as I hate to say it I think Mike was the best tonight, then Crystal AND Lee. Makes me VERY nervous for Crystal. Vote, vote, vote!
    Crystal will be fine. She has a strong fan base and she was unfairly dissed by the judges so the fans will go ballistic.

I just voted for Lee (and I have not been voting this season). I thought Lee was the best, followed by Crystal. Crystal did not slay the beginning of Summer Wind (a song I love), but her phrasing was excellent and from mid-song on, she was fabulous. Big Mike - honestly, I thought he'd be better in this genre, he didn't wow me. That weird smile on Casey's face throughout his song was unnerving, though I didn't think he was as bad as the judges. And it's hard to even remember what Aaron did at this point.

And Harry Connick, Jr. .... awesome, awesome, awesome in the way he became a part of everything vs. doing his prefunctory time with each player. He was really hands on. Can I have him? :-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3894065;
    Lets hope Crystal will be okay tomorrow. I would've thought Simon would give her a break this week. She's his Chosen One after all.
    Yes, but she's been talking back to him. I can't imagine that he likes that. Maybe he is changing his mind.

Lee totally does not deserve to win this show BUT if it is Lee and Crystal in the finale, I might be voting for him. I'm not crazy. I think if we have 3 similar winners in a row, the producers will stop casting these kinds of singers. They aren't unique and aren't impressive. I'm tired of them. If Crystal wins, we just might see 2 or 3 more David Cook wannabes next season. I want a guy to win this year so we can have some real female talent next year. No offense to any of the ladies this season BUT on the whole they weren't as talented as they were portrayed to be.

FORT Fogey

Harry Connick, Jr. is one amazing talent! I'd be glad to watch him every week!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3894080;
    Yes, but she's been talking back to him. I can't imagine that he likes that. Maybe he is changing his mind.

Lee totally does not deserve to win this show BUT if it is Lee and Crystal in the finale, I might be voting for him. I'm not crazy. I think if we have 3 similar winners in a row, the producers will stop casting these kinds of singers. They aren't unique and aren't impressive. I'm tired of them. If Crystal wins, we just might see 2 or 3 more David Cook wannabes next season. I want a guy to win this year so we can have some real female talent next year. No offense to any of the ladies this season BUT on the whole they weren't as talented as they were portrayed to be.
    I see Lee as more of a David Cook type than I do Crystal.

And I don't know about the talent level so much, but I haven't been blown away this year like I was by some of the contestants and performances of last year. It's like some were really good, but they haven't improved, and some have improved, but there haven't been many moments that have made me really go "WOW!" like I did last year. I was pretty hopeful earlier in the season, but there's just no crescendo here.
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 05-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3894065;
    I don't think she really deserved a break tonight. Crystal was the only reason I watched this season. I did not care for any of the others. Then last week she disappointed me. This week was not any better. I mean it was not awful but it wasn't the Crystal that I was so crazy about. I'm beginning to wonder if the rumors that she does not want to win are true. If not she needs to return to what was working for her instead of doing her own thing. Oh and while Crystal was doing her own thing I started to take a second look at LEE. I really like him now. Hopefully, Crystal will step it up next week. I would like Lee/Crystal as the final two.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3894096;
    I see Lee as more of a David Cook type than I do Crystal.

And I don't know about the talent level so much, but I haven't been blown away this year like I was by some of the contestants and performances of last year. It's like some were really good, but they haven't improved, and some have improved, but there haven't been many moments that have made me really go "WOW!" like I did last year. I was pretty hopeful earlier in the season, but there's just no crescendo here.
    What I mean is that Lee is a lesser version of David Cook. If we have 3 similar types win in a row maybe the judges will shake things up a bit. Crystal isn't like David Cook. If she wins this season perhaps the will continue casting the same guy again and again.

I predict Mike will go home this week. Being the best just isn't good enough. You have to be rock.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3894106;
    What I mean is that Lee is a lesser version of David Cook. If we have 3 similar types win in a row maybe the judges will shake things up a bit. Crystal isn't like David Cook. If she wins this season perhaps the will continue casting the same guy again and again.

I predict Mike will go home this week. Being the best just isn't good enough. You have to be rock.
    Ah, makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread