+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/4 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Oh my, I didn't think that was good at all. And I like Lee!

FORT Fan

Lee: I love his voice but he's not listening to his band. He's keeping true to himself. But loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy;3894027;
    I don't usually get into these realm but . . . did Crystal really deserve the review the judges gave her or is there some sort of manipulation going on here?
    She didn't even close to deserve it.

Was it at the top of her own performances? No. But it was pretty darn solid. Her vocal tone was infinitely superior to anyone else who sang tonight, and if one part of the song lagged a bit, it was a minor thing. It averaged out to a good solid performance, if not her top tier.

And the important thing was how superior it was to the first two guys. I mean it was many many times better than those. And yet it was analyzed like it was on par with those.

I'd rank Lee and Crystal's performances as about the same level tonight (mainly because Lee put a little more spunk into his performance, even if Crystal's tone was superior). Mike a hair better than those two ONLY because this is his wheelhouse. Aaron and Casey infinitely below Lee and Crystal. But will America, thanks to the show's manipulation agree? Lets hope, and one of those first two GO HOME ALREADY!
    Last edited by Krom; 05-04-2010 at 09:02 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

As much as I hate to say it I think Mike was the best tonight, then Crystal AND Lee. Makes me VERY nervous for Crystal. Vote, vote, vote!

FORT Fogey

Well, look. If they said he was great when sang more notes off key than on, they are going to love this.
    I do think it was an improvement for him. But I thought it was about as good as Aaron's performance. But he was the most improved tonight.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3894046;
    She didn't even close to deserve it.

Was it at the top of her own performances? No. But it was pretty darn solid.

And the important thing was how superior it was to the first two guys. I mean it was many many times better than those. And yet it was analyzed like it was on par with those.

I'd rank Lee and Crystal's performances as about the same level tonight.
    Responding to the bold part -- When you usually put forth a 5 star performance people notice when it is only 3 stars but, really, most of the competition dreams of matching her 3 star performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3894046;

I'd rank Lee and Crystal's performances as about the same level tonight.
    That said, I would rank Lee way above Aaron, Casey and Mike. Honestly, I don't think tonight did any of the them any favors. Who's idea was this? I love me some Frank and Dean and the Rat Pack, but honestly how can these kids compare?

I thought Lee was AWESOME tonight! Harry should mentor them every week!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

I liked Crystal's performance better than some of her others - she showed more control than she has at other times, and it was very pleasant to listen to.

And Lee didn't knock my socks off as he appeared to have done for the judges.

Aaron and Casey weren't as horrible as Kara and Simon made them out to be, and, by the way, Kara has become some sort of self-appointed know-it-all, and she makes comments worthy of a mean 16-year-old. Maybe she's been sitting too close to Simon for too long.

I'm just off-kilter or something because I'm not in sync with the judges at all!
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 05-04-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Lee, best of the night..... followed by Crystal and then Mike. Casey and Aaron... meh
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread