+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg;3889146;
    this is one badly produced show.

just not enough of the idols and too many performances by others. i'd rather see a cheesy group sing than what's on my screen. i don't ever remember so little attention being paid to the idols themselves.
    I agree with you, Ranger. On the results shows, AI is focusing on everything except the contestants.

FORT Newbie

Glad you said this. I think once she ecoves from the lousy judging plaguing this year, she will have a great deal of success.
    Crystal's bitchedness is getting to me. She has one style and one that was done by Joss Stone and Janis better. She needs to get off her high horse (which the judges have encouraged) and learn.
    This season sucks. I only watch highlights on internet and check here, will not give them ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3889187;
    I am shocked. Really shocked. I didn't think Siobhan would win, but I also wasn't expecting her to leave so soon! I loved her voice, it was so interesting and so haunting on some songs. Amazing. And I liked her quirky personality, too. I think she has an amazing career ahead of her, though. I mean, look at Jennifer Hudson. I don't think anyone would have predicted the trajectory of her career. And Siobhan will surprise us all.

So agree! I mean come on.
    And now the rant C'mon guys - Michael is still here? Lee? Aaron? Puhleeze. It's like watching Blake and Jordin all over again. Just throw in the soul patrol guy and we can call it a day. I'm so bored now, but at least I can reclaim my llife. I just care about Crystal winning at this point. The rest can go home.

OK, I feel better. ..... ....... No, not really, but I had to get that out.
    Last edited by abbiebrock; 04-28-2010 at 10:59 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3889194;
    I was actually one of those dorky voters who liked that Soul Patrol guy!
    I liked him too and even voted for him some! He was great to watch - very entertaining. But I didn't go to his concert when he was here locally, and I haven't bought any of his music.

I think sometimes the judges over-emphasize stage presence and the performance factor because what it boils down to is selling records...unless you have a long-term gig in Vegas.

(When I say that what it boils down to is selling records, I am referring to the goal of the show and signing the winners. Their future endeavors - Broadway, film, etc., don't necessarily mean $$ for AI, except for publicity for having "discovered" the stars.)
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 04-28-2010 at 11:20 PM.

FORT Newbie

This made me look up Taylor Hicks. Starred as Teen Angel in Grease--Top 10 earning Idols in 2009??? who'd a thunk it.
    Last edited by abbiebrock; 04-28-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: missspelling

FORT Fogey

I think this elimination just goes to show that the internet community is not representative of the actual audience of the show.
    I never really saw anything in Siobhan. I accidentally celebrated a little bit when I heard the news. I don't ever want to get joy from someone's pain but I just thought both Casey and Mike deserved to stay. They were the best last night and I really wanted them both to stay.

FORT Fogey

Glad Casey was safe. And Aaron, too. They both deserved to stay after last night's performances.

On another note, I LOVED that vampire Ford commercial!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg;3889186;
    just how was the save "wasted"????

i don't like mike either, but that doesn't mean the save was "wasted." it would've been wasted if mike was booted off the week after he was saved.
    I believe it was wasted because I think Siobhan was the better artist and better singer, and they should've held onto the save in case someone (MO) far better got voted off, instead of using it on Mike so early. And I don't even care for Siobhan that much. I just figured at the time someone (IMO) more deserving would be on the losing end of the stick because they used it on Mike. Just glad it wasn't Crystal, at least.

That said, I hate the save concept in general. If I had it my way, if the viewers vote someone off, tough. The end. There have been several contestants over the years whom I thought went too early, but that's just how the show works. Or at least, how it used to. I don't like the judges messing with the voting results. At least on DWTS, when they did dance-offs, it just re-calibrated the percentage of judges scores, and never by much. Fan vote still held 50% weight.

Taylor Hicks!!!!!!! Argh! I forgot his name! Thank you! I voted for him too, because I couldn't get over Katherine's plasticity (very beautiful girl as a brunette, and nice voice, but vapid to me). I think what actually made me vote was when they interviewed the family and his dad said something about not believing that his son would amount to much with his singing, or something like that. I was voting to prove him wrong. That guy rubbed me the wrong way. I'm glad Taylor won (uneventful season for me), but he was nowhere near a David Cook or Carrie Underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3889215;
    I believe it was wasted because I think Siobhan was the better artist and better singer, and they should've held onto the save in case someone (MO) far better got voted off, instead of using it on Mike so early. And I don't even care for Siobhan that much. I just figured at the time someone (IMO) more deserving would be on the losing end of the stick because they used it on Mike. Just glad it wasn't Crystal, at least.

That said, I hate the save concept in general. If I had it my way, if the viewers vote someone off, tough. The end. There have been several contestants over the years whom I thought went too early, but that's just how the show works. Or at least, how it used to. I don't like the judges messing with the voting results. At least on DWTS, when they did dance-offs, it just re-calibrated the percentage of judges scores, and never by much. Fan vote still held 50% weight.
    Yes, and Yes. Totally agree.

I hated tonight's elimination. The fact that Mike is still there because of the judges save makes me even more sad about tonight's results.

I could live with Siobhon getting eliminated after Mike. As a fan of hers I knew she wasn't going to win, but the fact that Mike is still there I can't get past my annoyance.

Also, if the save was introduced because of Chris Daughtrey leaving at the F4 point how do they explain the fact that Chris has been more sucessful then Taylor Hicks ever thought about being?

Not winning American Idol is the best thing to happen to many of the contestants.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread